How reliable is GameFly.com for PC Games?

So I've been holding out for Skyrim for a long time, I mean really long time.

From past sales on Steam, Skyrim has dropped to 50% by the 3rd day of their respective sales. This has happened during the Summer and Autumn sale. However, currently its still at 33% - $39.99. I am kinda getting a bit impatient.

However, someone mentioned GameFly. So I was checking it out and saw Skyrim for $29.99. I am tempted to go ahead and purchase it.

However, I have never really purchased games from sites other than steam. How reliable are they and how would the purchase work considering its a "digital" purchase?

P,S Does anyone think Skyrim could drop to 75% this Winter sale?

Deleted
    I think Gamelfy used to be Direct2Drive. If thats the case, then I did purchase a few games from Direct2Drive a while ago and I had no problems with them.

Perhaps someone could double check on them being the same company.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've purchased from gamefly before with no issues. Only thing is sometimes it's a game code that requires steam or you have to use their client to download/play the game but yeah it's legit site if that's what your asking.

I got Mass Effect III for $19.99, The walking dead for $9.99 and seen the TL2 for $9.99 which it still is I think atm.

I bought GW2 on it. Was annoying to have to install the client to get access to the CD key, but it worked fine. Provided they give you a CD key for Skyrim, you can simply use it on Steam and run the game through Steam.

Haven't heard anything bad about Gamefly's service so far.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    I bought GW2 on it. Was annoying to have to install the client to get access to the CD key, but it worked fine. Provided they give you a CD key for Skyrim, you can simply use it on Steam and run the game through Steam.

Haven't heard anything bad about Gamefly's service so far.
    That was one of my concerns. I was not really sure how exactly would the purchase work. If they would either mail me the CD key considering the game needs to run through Steam or something along what you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by wynterlyn View Post
    That was one of my concerns. I was not really sure how exactly would the purchase work. If they would either mail me the CD key considering the game needs to run through Steam or something along what you mentioned.
    You can also run the game from the Gamefly client. It's kinda annoying to have multiple clients to run different games, but it's nothing too bad.

Deleted
    Have you checked www.greenmangaming.com because they have Skyrim on sale in the UK (not sure how it compares to the USA prices), plus there is a 25% off code still valid I think (try GMG25-EVFWS-4Z4ZN)?

I would not be massively shocked if it went down to 75% though so it might be worth holding out.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Have you checked www.greenmangaming.com because they have Skyrim on sale in the UK (not sure how it compares to the USA prices), plus there is a 25% off code still valid I think (try GMG25-EVFWS-4Z4ZN)?

I would not be massively shocked if it went down to 75% though so it might be worth holding out.
    Thanks for the info. I checked it out. Its only on sale for $40.99. And the voucher code has expired.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wynterlyn View Post
    Thanks for the info. I checked it out. Its only on sale for $40.99. And the voucher code has expired.
    Hmm try this one - GMG30-DPLIM-DN831 - still working on the UK site, unfortunately it won't let me actually access the US site to test it. Would bring it down to $27 though if it works.

Gamefly's pretty good, I mostly use it as a reference if they've got something on sale that's not on sale elsewhere.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've had zero issues with them. Most of the time when I purchase one of their sale items I just end up getting a Steam key so I'm not really sure why they have their own Steam-esque program.