/assist cast macro

I need a macro for RBGs that will assist my focus, but also let me cast an ability.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    I need a macro for RBGs that will assist my focus, but also let me cast an ability.
    /assist Focus
    /cast (spell)

As an alternative, this macro will not target your focus target but will cast at your focus target:

/cast [@focustarget] SpellName

Quote Originally Posted by slikvik View Post
    /assist Focus
    /cast (spell)

ty ill try that.
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    As an alternative, this macro will not target your focus target but will cast at your focus target:

/cast [@focustarget] SpellName
    I need an assist macro that will also let me use a spell.

I need an assist macro that will also let me use a spell.
    voidspark's macro does allow you to cast a spell. It is in effect the same as the first macro slikvik suggested, except it doesn't change your current target (so as a healer you do not need to re-target someone to go back to healing them, for example).

Quote Originally Posted by Macanam View Post
    voidspark's macro does allow you to cast a spell. It is in effect the same as the first macro slikvik suggested, except it doesn't change your current target (so as a healer you do not need to re-target someone to go back to healing them, for example).
    Yeah. I gotta stop posting late at night. What I mean is this. I want to macro my assist macro, into my Disable ability. What I need the macro to do is assist my focus target(the target caller), switching my current target to the one my focus is fighting, and then be able to use disable on that new target, plus being able to cast disable in general if I don't have a focus. Does that make sense? I think I confused myself while typing it.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2012-12-23 at 01:13 AM.

Deleted
    Yeah. I gotta stop posting late at night. What I mean is this. I want to macro my assist macro, into my Disable ability. What I need the macro to do is assist my focus target(the target caller), switching my current target to the one my focus is fighting, and then be able to use disable on that new target. Does that make sense? I think I confused myself while typing it.
    Both macro's will do the same thing, the /cast [@focustarget] one will cast it at your focus target without targetting pretty much.

What I need the macro to do is assist my focus target(the target caller), switching my current target to the one my focus is fighting, and then be able to use disable on that new target, plus being able to cast disable in general if I don't have a focus. Does that make sense? I think I confused myself while typing it.
    This makes a bit more sense now. If this is the case, the first macro which actively targets the person will be the one you want, since the spell is being cast at whoever you have targetted, while the [@focustarget] requires you to have a focus.