10+ Year Old Account

Question Just purchased the Dawn of War Franchise Pack on Steam, Where do I start?

Oh god, So I just purchased the Dawn of War Franchise Pack off steam, I know nothing about the series. Where would be a good starting point to play the games? Its added 7 games to my Steam library, Very confused. I though maybe they would be DLC for the two games (Dawn of War 1 & 2) but its 7 individual games

Sorry if this is a really simple Google moment, But my internet on my phone too awkward to use and very slow.

Dawn of War -> Winter Assault -> Dark Crusade -> Soulstorm (bleh) -> Chaos Rising (you can play original DoW 2 campaign from this one) -> Retribution.

From story perspective.
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2012-12-23 at 05:26 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Start with Dawn of war Dark Crusade. That one will get you started with good idea how the original mechanic worked and is fair with challenge depending on what level you play. After you beat that one try Dawn of War Soulstorm. Same as dark crusade but more territories and more armies, also the territories are on different planets. Then of the Dawn of war 2's, I only likes retribution. Play as the blood ravens first then try tyranids for fun. Hope that helps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Dawn of War -> Winter Assault -> Dark Crusade -> Soulstorm (bleh) -> Chaos Rising (you can play original DoW 2 campaign from this one) -> Retribution.

From story perspective.
    This guy is right if you want to experience it from a story perspective.

If you want to play multiplayer/ Skirmishes, Play Dark Crusade out of the original games, its probably the most balanced with patches

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    If you want to play multiplayer/ Skirmishes, Play Dark Crusade out of the original games, its probably the most balanced with patches
    Unless you count Eldar.

Hell, even if they lose, they manage to drag it over 2 hours.

Fuck the "hunt the last webway gate" game...