Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    As SV the only pet i was realy eager to get was Sambas, the only "lion skin" used in the game as a pet, very very unique indeed (surprised it isn't exotic), so i went for him.

Got him after 15 minutes flying around in the known spawn points. Went there on the next day to help a guildie get one and there he was again slightly diferent coords, but there.

RNG and bad luck is just that... it's what makes the game "random" and feels like you acomplished something when it realy happens. If everything would be easy and certain, no one would give much importance to a rare pet... it's the whole point...

10+ Year Old Account
    just takes time man i have all the spirit beast on my hunter and on my second hunter i have most of the rares ,ive sat for up to 30 hours in 1 spot till they spawn

---------- Post added 2012-12-24 at 12:00 AM ----------

best thing you can do it go extremly early in the morning like 4am or 5 am if you can there ussaly up at that time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by knightpt View Post
    RNG and bad luck is just that...
    I was procrastinating on hunting Karoma back in Cata. Then, while leveling from 84 to 85 and doing the Dunwald Wildhammer chain in TwiHi, Karoma spawned right next to me. Just *poof*, it's Karoma! 10 yards away!

Literally 45 seconds before a weekly maintenance server shutdown. Fantastic fortune!

Except I was on my Shaman. xD

The 3 spirit beasts near the molten front dailiy hub seem to be the most easiest to get cause most people dont even bother to get far enough to open up the quest hub

On my second hunter i got ban'thalos and i was the only person there

IMO i would just forget spirit beasts like loq nahak and skoll and concentrate getting either ghostcrawler or the molten front spirit beasts which seem to have the least competition

They were never intended to be easy to find. The fact that WOTLK ended and fewer people visited the zones meant the spirit beasts had more uptime. With CRZ, it's working as intended.

The Molten Front spirit beasts however, are still easy. Magria, Ankha, Ban'thalos.

Hopefully they'll add new Spirit beasts in Pandaria using the tracking system, they could do something very interesting with that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    OP: You won't get these pets with "fly by" type of camping. You need NPCScan and a lot of patience.
    Ha! No this is wrong, I went to that place where that rare T-rex is and I happened to see the other rare that are in that zone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nhs View Post
    I've been checking all locations a few times a day for the past 2 months, all i've found was the time lost proto drake, which I don't give a shit about. im starting to think spirit beasts don't even spawn on my server, what the fuck.
    I like you TS .

Like others said probably because of CRZ

Deleted
    CRZ has made it very hard but just have to get lucky i was flying to malygos and flew over sholazar n managed to get tag on loque, aparently some hunter had been camping 6 hours but hey its mine now :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Back when I decided to hunt for spiritbeasts I got them all within 2 days. RNG at its best.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Back when I decided to hunt for spiritbeasts I got them all within 2 days. RNG at its best.
    I had the exact same thing happen to me.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    just be patient and you will get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    welcome to cross-realm era bullshit.
    Or, what most realms with a decent pop were like when the content was current.

---------- Post added 2012-12-24 at 02:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Also depends a bit on timing. I find early morning is the best time, most WoW players like to burn on through to 2-3AM but they love to sleep in! Unfortunately so do I.

Might differ based on your server's time zone etc. CRZ is within a 4hr time difference I think? Unless that changed again with the latest tweaks to CRZ.

---------- Post added 2012-12-24 at 02:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by expectwar View Post
    Wwaaa? This made my day lol.
    IKR.

You know you can tag the mob and fly him out of his usual flight path then sell the tag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    yeah ive seen people selling tags but normally want some stupid price.

The reality is some people get lucky, but if you put in the time, you'll get rewarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragonmaw was the best for this sort of things.
    "Hey, i should check every Spirit Beasts spawn points!"... they were ALL there. Along with Sambas, Karkin, Deth'Tilac and Aotona.

(Title is awesome.)

Deleted
    it is just pure luck or good determination to whether you find a spirit beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Nhs View Post
    all i've found was the time lost proto drake.
    Son, do you know how long I've been farming this damn proto drake?

Deleted
    haha that drake is harder than spirit beasts so id say your lucky :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Ha! No this is wrong, I went to that place where that rare T-rex is and I happened to see the other rare that are in that zone
    Your experience isn't typical. That doesn't make the 7 hours of camping I did "wrong".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Your experience isn't typical. That doesn't make the 7 hours of camping I did "wrong".
    no but it does make all your camping look a waste of time.

shame we arent so lucky as some/