Any way to remote control my pc?

I were wondering if its possible to get some sort of remote so that i could control my pc from my bed. Bed is approx 3-3.5 meters away from my pc.
    I'd use this so i could watch netflix, youtube and shows from sites like watchseries.eu, but without having to get up to change episode, show or turn off pc when i get too tired.

The reason i want this, is because 80% of the shit i can see in TV sucks. Parents are too cheap to buy us a bigger tv package, so i havent been watching any tv for the past two months :P
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

What vesseblah said. Throw in a wireless mouse, and you can do everything on your computer remotely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

hmm.... yea i guess. It would still work having my regular mouse and keyboard inserted at the same time as the wireless ones?
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    hmm.... yea i guess. It would still work having my regular mouse and keyboard inserted at the same time as the wireless ones?
    Yep, most wireless keyboards just use a USB slot, I'm sure you're not currently using all of them so it should be fine. Both keyboards (wireless and your main one) should be able to function together. Although that might bring about some trolling from friends in your room by using the wireless keyboard

Deleted
    Windows Media Center Remote Control
    Plex Media Center Software
    Get the net flix plug in for it. Have fun =)
    hmm seems the netflix plugin is missing, there is talk about it on the forums though.

Needless to say though using plex with a remote control (or any good HTPC software for that matter) will be the best option. you can have all your movies, TV shows etc on demand. you can also be a little cleaver and set up utorrent to dl your favorite tv shows and have them ready in plex a few hours after they are released.
    Last edited by mmocd8f86ed6f0; 2012-12-23 at 11:15 PM.

Isn't a keyboard and mouse already a remote control for the pc????
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

Deleted
    There are loads of android remote control software out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamber View Post
    What vesseblah said. Throw in a wireless mouse, and you can do everything on your computer remotely.
    Both of those things I linked have laptop style touchpad included in the keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    Yes. You can have 100 keyboards plugged in if you like.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

If you have a smartphone, there's an app called splashtop remote that let's you control your computer from anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Both of those things I linked have laptop style touchpad included in the keyboard.
    If I had click those, I would have known. Those are neat.
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

Deleted
    I have Logitech DiNovo Mini as a remote for my PC.. Also works for PS3(but not at the same time).

It has this circle touchpad mouse thingy in it. It won't win any precision awards, but it does it's job when it comes to sorting Netflix/etc. It has logout/sleep/hibernation/shutdown button(depends what you set it on in Setpoint). But you can prolly look all the things it has from the interwebz(Logitech website redirected me straight to Finnish side of it).

My parents bought me a media center pc years ago that came with a remote control.