Page 1 of 3
LastLast

1v1 Arena? Yes or No?

I would love for them to put in a 1v1 arena. Yes people say "Just duel" but it's more than just a duel for me and a lot of other people out there. They could put it in just for fun but add a ranking system, add small rewards for winning.
    Yeah, people say "then we would be facing tanks and healers" the way talents are right now they could easily implement a system where only certain specs can join. DPS specialization only. People say "It wouldn't be balanced, class X will always beat class Y". That is definitely not true, skill always matters in the end.

Is there anyone else that would like to see this? Comment your thoughts on why or why not.

no, the only thing it would do is just increase the mindless useless crying on the forums.

and your suggestion literally is a big middle finger none dps specs

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    no, the only thing it would do is just increase the mindless useless crying on the forums.

and your suggestion literally is a big middle finger none dps specs
    Whats wrong with leaving out tanks and healers for 1v1? lol.. or did I totally read that wrong. Mindless crying? You are forgetting that they would add it in arena only for fun. They would not change any class to balance them around 1v1 if a bunch of people started crying about it.

who the hell would want to que as a healer? no healer can kill any dps 1v1 these days with every class having self heals. terrible idea. it'd be rock paper scissors, with constant bitching on the forums

Definitely not. Duels are stupidly imbalanced in this game and Blizzard has said time and time again they will not try to balance 1v1 PvP.

2v2 is already gimmicky and derpy enough. We don't need a 'special kids' ladder.

I would be happy if they just put skirmishes back in. Blizz say they wern't used much but I enjoyed them and I bet they were used a lot more than the wargame feature. Although why both can't be used I don't know.

1v1 arena's. Meh could be kinda ok but I forsee endless games of 2 people trying to kite eachother around pillars. Would never work. Imagine healer healer duel. They should just make tree's LOS outside cap cities. Or hills for Org.

Quote Originally Posted by Syning View Post
    Whats wrong with leaving out tanks and healers for 1v1? lol.. or did I totally read that wrong. Mindless crying? You are forgetting that they would add it in arena only for fun. They would not change any class to balance them around 1v1 if a bunch of people started crying about it.
    the mind less crying happens already over duels, now imagine anything with a perceived or actual rating even it has no rewards, just look at the official bg forums now magnify that stupidity

and blizz has changed things for no other reason due forum outcry despite what they have said and not just for pve.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is definitely not true, skill always matters in the end.

yes, skill always matters, but its not the only factor, if you don't think class imbalance or even gear levels can play a notable part then you are very naive indeed
    Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong.

I would love for them to put in a 1v1 arena. Yes people say "Just duel" but it's more than just a duel for me and a lot of other people out there. They could put it in just for fun but add a ranking system, add small rewards for winning.
    Yeah, people say "then we would be facing tanks and healers" the way talents are right now they could easily implement a system where only certain specs can join. DPS specialization only. People say "It wouldn't be balanced, class X will always beat class Y". That is definitely not true, skill always matters in the end.

Is there anyone else that would like to see this? Comment your thoughts on why or why not.
    Not if you're playing a class that has more advantages over another class. Imo winning in pvp is in this order

Class
    Gear
    Skill
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

if they brought healers back to WOTLK/TBC state it'd be possible. But when healers are as toothless and pathetic as they are now it's not possible. Can't make a new "bracket" and rule out all healers.

I want skirmishes back though

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love for 1v1 arena. They would have to rebalance the game around 1v1 though rather than 3v3, which is too much work for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    Not if you're playing a class that has more advantages over another class. Imo winning in pvp is in this order

Class
    Gear
    Skill
    This is definitely wrong to be said of PvP as a whole, but for 1v1s I agree.

100000% wrong in 3v3 though.

Even if it's way imbalanced I still think it would be cool to see who's the best class and best player in 1v1s! I bet the ques would be fast lol

Quote Originally Posted by holycrapfour View Post
    who the hell would want to que as a healer? no healer can kill any dps 1v1 these days with every class having self heals. terrible idea. it'd be rock paper scissors, with constant bitching on the forums
    I don't think you read my whole post.

---------- Post added 2012-12-23 at 11:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    yes, skill always matters, but its not the only factor, if you don't think class imbalance or even gear levels can play a notable part then you are very naive indeed
    That's why there is a ranking system. People with higher level gear should shoot up in ranks while people that don't have great gear will be where they are suppose to.

---------- Post added 2012-12-23 at 11:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post

Class
    Gear
    Skill
    Dude have you ever dueled someone? Just because someone is a certain class doesn't mean they have a higher advantage over you. Please examples.

Ranked? Definantly no.
    Skirmish? Maybe.

Queue and duel in one of the official arenas.
    Yes people can duel without it too. However this can be just like the Brawler's Guild. You can queue and duel random people in arena terms.

---------- Post added 2012-12-24 at 01:48 AM ----------

[/COLOR] Dude have you ever dueled someone? Just because someone is a certain class doesn't mean they have a higher advantage over you. Please examples.
    I'm sorry what?
    Are you implying that classes are close to each other instead of having a rock-scissors-paper design?

Shaman vs Rogue
    Priest vs DK
    Mage vs Hunter

Are we even playing the same game?

Quote Originally Posted by Mithgroth View Post
    Ranked? Definantly no.
    Skirmish? Maybe.

Queue and duel in one of the official arenas.
    Yes people can duel without it too. However this can be just like the Brawler's Guild. You can queue and duel random people in arena terms.

---------- Post added 2012-12-24 at 01:48 AM ----------

I'm sorry what?
    Are you implying that classes are close to each other instead of having a rock-scissors-paper design?

Shaman vs Rogue
    Priest vs DK
    Mage vs Hunter

Are we even playing the same game?
    You must of never seen a good shaman before. Those other two which are you saying is better? lawl.. They might have a rock-scissors-papers design but saying that a certain class beats another class every single time makes no sense or saying they should be that certain class. If you are saying Mage beats hunter, I'd like to know what realm you are on.
    Last edited by Syning; 2012-12-24 at 12:28 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, there's already a system for 1v1 fights. It's called a duel.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuna View Post
    No, there's already a system for 1v1 fights. It's called a duel.
    Please read full post.

I like the idea of a 1v1 just for fun. You could even make it mirrors only to make it 100% balanced. Mages only get paired vs other mages; or you could even go as far as individual specs.

I was gonna go into a rant about how I'd hate to see another form of over-glorified duels screw with my PvE talents/abilities but every other facet of the game has some sort of reward structure to them short of the activity of logging on.

I say fight for your right to circlejerk in an arena but don't come crying when you get lined up against a class/spec that can whoop your ass.