Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I like the dailies...and I like the 100% Rep bonus. That makes it just a week or two (at most) to exalt most reps. Don't forget, VP caps limit your speed no matter what.

I don't want to wear tabards, so I'm glad that was removed. Don't bring it back.
    ^This 100%..!

On another note, to anyone thinking about creating thread number 5000 on the same topic as this one.., accept that there's different types of game play, and that they don't award the exact same things.., it's a shitty ass game if everything needs to award the exact same to facilitate lazyness a'la extreme!

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I like the dailies...and I like the 100% Rep bonus. That makes it just a week or two (at most) to exalt most reps. Don't forget, VP caps limit your speed no matter what.

I don't want to wear tabards, so I'm glad that was removed. Don't bring it back.
    A BoA Enchant for shirts then?

There were few things I found to be wrong with the original dailies....

First, by having the VP gear locked behind the rep grind (sometimes two rep grinds), Blizzard created a situation where doing the daiolies was seen as mandatory by many players. True, you didn't technically have to do them, but doing them, and doing them quickly gave players an advantage. That weren't mandatory, but only in the same way running TotGC 4 times a week wasn't mandatory.

Second, it was unnecessary. The gear was already locked behind the VP anyway. The rep grind was unnecessary. True, the VP gear ensures that getting exalted is worthwhile but between enchants, crafting recipes, pets, mounts, tabards, heirloom gear, aids for alts, vanity gear, the potential for transmog armour so you can look like a faction member and so on, let alone unwrapping the story, Blizzard have more than enough to justify and reward a rise to Exalted status

Third was the design. Some dailies were just boring. Overtuned to a degree. The GL dailies featured a lot of MoBs that, while not particularly dangerous, simply took what felt like ages to kill because of their high HP. And while gating the SP and AC reps behind that to slow players down was a good idea, in practise it simply menat players felt blocked otu and a need to do GL as quickly as possible

Fourth was the necessity and reliance upon dailies as end game content. There should have been alternate methods to obtain rep and lesser charms.

Fifth, I think their solution (Grand Commendations) was in some ways poor. It works, but it also hamstring rep grinds to a degree. A better solution, IMO, would be to have simply removed the rep requirement from VP gear...especially since they did alter some of the requirements to make the ailies less onerous.

EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2012-12-25 at 07:36 PM.

Liking Everyone's opinions.
    And just to clarify Im am not a Blizzard employee... I am a Gamer. Not a dev not anything. It is not like this is going to be implemented into the game (i dont think). I voiced an opinion about how I think a solution could come into place. This is not "THE Solution" Its is A Solution. there are millions of great idea's out there that any one can voice/type. And thats all this is, Is just a voiced opinion. I happen to like it, Some maybe not. Some do. Lets keep this thread on topic. Keep the opinions coming.

Deleted
    copy ToR.. if you cba then have a companion you can call to do all your dailies for you, but you only get rep like 50% or 75% of usual rep and you dont get gold and it takes em 24 hours or something happy fukkin days.

an *auto complete daily quest/s for 50% less rep and 0 gold than done manually saving you time and grief to stand idle or do stuffs at home or whatever* button would be mega
    Last edited by mmocfce0b4833c; 2012-12-26 at 09:59 PM.