Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Solution to daily grind. IMO

Something That Might Be a better idea with the daily's is have a tabard for the rep grind just like old days, BUT make it only available to the 90 that got to Exalted with the said faction and once it is purchased it will be BoA. This is a EXTREAMLY simple design and even at that point could have it so if the "alt" is wearing said tabard that he would also be gaining 2 tokens per dungeon. Rates would apply of course probly running out after about 7 dungeons (only for the tokens part not the rep) but yeah. Honestly this is a well rounded, (And also "Middle ground" for ALL) and would work well for people that still want to see the daily's from the fact you have to still have to get to exalted with the faction in order to get the tabard that would only really be usefull for alts. PROBLEM SOLVED!

Again my opinion.
    Any thoughts on this from anyone else?

**For Alt's** Forgot to add that in description.
    Last edited by Xalden; 2012-12-24 at 01:41 AM.

Sounds fine to me. And it doesn't get rid of dailies for those that still (for whatever reason...gold?) want to do them. I think the 2x rep after revered would have to stay with dailies though to keep some incentive to do them.

Actually i would say to take the 2x rep after rev out. There has to be a down side and with this solution it would have to be something "special" when you get to exalted. Remember this really only matters for the first toon you get to exalted with said faction. After that you have daily's and a tabard for your alts. Win, win in both situations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really don't want another rep tabard, simply because I'd prefer my guild tabard, and don't want to carry anymore. It got to be crazy like in Cata keeping up with what dungeon offered what rep and having to carry any/all.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the dailies...and I like the 100% Rep bonus. That makes it just a week or two (at most) to exalt most reps. Don't forget, VP caps limit your speed no matter what.

I don't want to wear tabards, so I'm glad that was removed. Don't bring it back.

Or just leave it the way it is and give tabards? whats it gonna hurt? you can do dailies only or you can run dungeons or do both

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont mind doing it on one toon, but I would like a faster way for alts, or make it boa rep stuff

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neonic View Post
    i dont mind doing it on one toon, but I would like a faster way for alts, or make it boa rep stuff
    Well that grand commendation you get from revered DOES make it stupid fast lol

Eh you do have point. But thats the glory of it. On your main Character you dont have to wear the tabard because it would not benefit you.(unless you want the extra tokens wich after getting to the exalted with the faction you wont really need to) As i stated it is only something to help alts. Maybe you have a toon thats not in a guild that could wear a tabard for rep, Maybe you have about 3 toons that you want to gear up and not go through the exact same daily's again for a 3rd time. The glory of this system is it does not force ANYONE to do either or. its complete choice on what you would like to do or (wear) in Kevyne's case.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Having it require a character to already be exhalted is a good way to make the alt grind easier.

But it should not be available to your first character.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Having it require a character to already be exhalted is a good way to make the alt grind easier.

But it should not be available to your first character.
    That is actually a very good point. And noted. The first toon would not have a need at all for it. But it would still have to be BoA making it available for the first toon. Just none of the benefits from the tabard would effect the first toon. (IE: Only showing you are wearing said tabard) (like if you put on a Klaxxi tabard right now)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I like the dailies...and I like the 100% Rep bonus. That makes it just a week or two (at most) to exalt most reps. Don't forget, VP caps limit your speed no matter what.

I don't want to wear tabards, so I'm glad that was removed. Don't bring it back.
    Darsithis I should just reserve a room in your brain
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate how the golden lotus dailies gave so little rep, so you had to do an abundant amount of them everyday to make a decent progression. All I would ask of them is less dailies that award more rep each. Don't care if it still takes many days to hit exalted.

Why are people obsessed with tabards? If they want to accelerate your rep growth on alts they can do that without tabards. In fact, they did.

Dunno what everyone is bitching about anyway, I missed heaps of dailies but my rep grinds are all done already anyway. And I got a second toon to Exalted and Revered on various reps too. Some people just can't stand the notion of not being able to do absolutely everything they possibly could every single day, that's the real issue.

---------- Post added 2012-12-24 at 02:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aveyai View Post
    I hate how the golden lotus dailies gave so little rep, so you had to do an abundant amount of them everyday to make a decent progression. All I would ask of them is less dailies that award more rep each. Don't care if it still takes many days to hit exalted.
    Uh, how would they give more rep and still take the same amount of time? Double the rep needed for each level? Start you on full Hated or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The bonus rep gained once any of your characters hits Revered is fine. It's elegant, right in line with bonus Valor once a character reaches the weekly cap.

Don't like dailies? Don't do them. It's been months. Normal and Heroic mode raiders don't need the reputation gear at this point any more than LFR raiders do.

Sorry to double post but alot of people seem to not understand that this is ONLY for alt's...

This Thread Is About Alts. Simple.
    Last edited by Xalden; 2012-12-24 at 02:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xalden View Post
    Sorry to double post but alot of people seem to not understand that this is ONLY for alt's...

This Thread Is About Alts. Simple.
    Yet it doesn't remove the distaste for wearing tabards and keeping track of them all (or losing precious slots, as Blizzard isn't making us 40 slot bags anytime soon).

Don't like the tabard design at all (prefer surcoats) and love that skirts/robes cut the tails off so it looks like a vest. Even outfit my DK in the newbie DK skirt to get away from it!

That includes any alt I have.

The commendation coins are just fine.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

It sounds like a good idea to me. I actually prefer rep tabards in general over dailies. Blizzard has been saying that rep tabards make the rep system too ignorable, but I consider that a good thing. The tabards seemed like a good compromise for those of us who would rather rep grinds (for gear) not be in the game at all.

Something that needs to be clarified is that this is only a solution for alts. And in the long run it is a Solution. If you dont want to put the tabard on your alts then by all meens do not and keep doing the daily's. Remember the tabard idea that i have created is only useable and useful for alts and have no affect besides cosmetic on the original toon that you got to the respected reputation. If you dont even want the tabards then dont grab them. But as for me right now i still have ALL of the tabards from the MoP reps in my bags and change them out some times or just dont. Honestly i think imo that these tabards are very boring and have absolutly no use besides filling your Transmog set once it is completed. To those saying" I dont want more tabards" i say what if the tabards that are already in place for the MoP reps just go up to exalted rep to get them, and give this buff for your alts. This would make it exactly the same as if you still had it now. No more bag space needed. And Most people that usually have filled bags imo should just make a bank alt and start storing stuff.... Its not like you need all your 24 slot bags to be filled to the brim on an every day basis, unless you are farming in wich case you will put in AH after...

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post

Then don't. The OP isn't calling for the removal of dailies. You can have your dailies and I can have my tabard. What's the issue here?

---------- Post added 2012-12-24 at 10:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Griffter View Post
    It sounds like a good idea to me. I actually prefer rep tabards in general over dailies. Blizzard has been saying that rep tabards make the rep system too ignorable, but I consider that a good thing. The tabards seemed like a good compromise for those of us who would rather rep grinds (for gear) not be in the game at all.
    Indeed. Rep grinding isn't what made world of warcraft a success and them game has only gotten better when it moved away from those models.