Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best Horde Racials for mages?

Title says it all. Isnt it between Trolls and Pandaren at the moment? I'd love some clarification.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure its

Troll > Panda > Goblin > Orc ?
    20% haste 10sec , 600 int, 1% haste (425? 1% raw no dr), 2257 spellpower 15sec

Undead has Touch of the Grave which scales with mastery.. not sure where to put it in there. Gonna have to simcraft it when I get the time... (also wotf, but minor)

Optimal professions are Blacksmithing, Engineering, Tailoring.
    Last edited by spaace; 2012-12-24 at 03:01 PM.

It's a very interesting question. I have a feeling that if you're an engineer, Orcish racial might come to be top2 after trollish.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    Pretty sure its

Troll > Panda > Goblin > Orc ?
    20% haste 10sec , 600 int, 1% haste (425?), 2257 spellpower 15sec
    300 int * They benefit double from food so they get 600 int instead of 300 int which is 300 int more.

Deleted
    If things keep like this, some change to racial can be expected in 5.2.
    A possible upgrade of the Alliance ones was possible (some blue tweet by GC)

Deleted
    I thought Undead > Orc now?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azlarn View Post
    300 int * They benefit double from food so they get 600 int instead of 300 int which is 300 int more.
    Don't understand how you didn't read what I put...

Forgot about Undead and their new racial. It scales with mastery.
    and my chart is w/o profs.

Orc still have the pet bonus,(5% pet damage) so if you're hardcore frost then it is ahead of the pack. (Water Elemental also gets Orc SP, but doesn't get Troll haste. No bonus for wands.

Troll 5% vs beasts
    Last edited by spaace; 2012-12-24 at 03:05 PM.

I'd say Troll > Undead > Pandaren > Goblin > Orc PvE wise.

For PvP it's definately undead.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can't really see undead above orc, PVE wise...

Feels like every spec has their race, ideally...

Fire : panda/troll/goblin
    Arcane : undead/troll/goblin
    Frost : troll/orc/panda/goblin

Deleted
    Give some love for alliance please.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    Give some love for alliance please.
    why? when this thread clearly asks for what the best HORDE racial.

Not that im hating on ally, but ally has always had one real choice, for pvp its humans hands down

Deleted
    I've always stuck with trolls with both my mages.

Undead has Touch of the Grave which scales with mastery.. not sure where to put it in there. Gonna have to simcraft it when I get the time... (also wotf, but minor).
    If it does scale with master that could only apply to frost/arc. This is the first time I have seen anybody mention this so I am certainly going to have to play around with it a little to see if it is true or not. Either way it isn't going to raise the dmg too much, unlikely it would be enough to raise or lower it as a preferred racial.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noujou View Post
    why? when this thread clearly asks for what the best HORDE racial.

Not that im hating on ally, but ally has always had one real choice, for pvp its humans hands down
    It wasnt directed at anyone in this topic, I was just implying that alliance races really suck for PVE, other than pandarens maybe (but they're too ugly ).

Dont take this the wrong way , it was sort of a joke .

Deleted
    Troll period.. Berserking 20% haste for 10 seconds, 3 minute cooldown.. Alter time extend all your current buffs for 6 seconds, 3 minute cooldown...

Troll zerking therefore 16 second duration 20 % haste every 3 minutes, and that haste synergizes well with 3 minute glyphed AP combined with other powerups obviously

too bad im playing UD

Deleted
    Don't understand how you didn't read what I put...
    Its 300int. Not 600, 300.

Don't understand how you can't see that..

Well to say it like this, the Touch of the Grave occurs regularly and deals significant damage, resulting in an DPS increase of approximately 3-4% (not generally proved numbers - but an estimate from what I have experienced myself. I'd say this puts it on a decent scale compared to the others thus resulting in climbing higher than the Orc racial. Not proven numbers as stated earlier, so feel free to correct me.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a Forsaken Mage I can comment. Currently as a Haste Arcane Mage, my TotG hits for around 19-21k. When I was mastery stacked, it was hitting for 24-25k. Base is 14k? I believe. Think the ICD is 20 seconds ish? Either way, w/o mastery stacking it is .9% of my damage and with it is 1.4%-1.5%.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    As a Forsaken Mage I can comment. Currently as a Haste Arcane Mage, my TotG hits for around 19-21k. When I was mastery stacked, it was hitting for 24-25k. Base is 14k? I believe. Think the ICD is 20 seconds ish? Either way, w/o mastery stacking it is .9% of my damage and with it is 1.4%-1.5%.
    This is something i was very interested in, as the tool tip for TotG suggests Shadow damage only, thus the only Mastery this would scale with is Unholy DK mastery.
    I have also wanted to know if the application of TotG can proc an AM

Keep in mind, pandaren is assuming you ALWAYS are well fed. This generally doesn't come into play during LFR, dungeons, pvp, arenas, and some raiding content(when we had something on farm, we never dropped a feast.)

I'd say troll is the way to go.