Page 1 of 81
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Teachers to carry concealed guns

My wife who works at a school in rich, white, suburban NJ thinks this isn't a bad idea, or at least to have two or three people (teachers or admin.) in the school trained and armed, shows what some teachers think of school security.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20121220/DA39D2U03.html
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    Fighting fire with fire is always a brilliant idea...

Deleted
    This will obviously not lead to anything bad at all.

Just throw more guns at the problem, eh?
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    You know how to reduce shootings in the USA? More guns!

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon-AN View Post
    You know how to reduce shootings in the USA? More guns!
    I have never come close to shooting anyone, but I know it's there if I have to.

Seems good to me.

yeah then one of the teachers misses there target, and hits an innocent in the chaos can seriously seeing it happening.
    one idea to try to control the sales would be to have anybody wishing to have a firearm in there homes must undergo a lengthy pshycological assesment and that incluses anybody else residing in the same residence as the applicant.
    RIFT: Valakin lvl 60 rogue / Valakis lvl 60 mage - Zaviel EU, guild "Consortium"
    D3: 60 Barb, 60 Wiz, 60 WD

10+ Year Old Account
    With good training i think it's a great solution.

Deleted
    This'll end well...

Deleted
    Most idiotic thing ever. I already wrote why in another thread. If you cant figure out why this is bad then ye..

Deleted
    Would be the worst solution for the teachers.

Deleted
    Murder is murder...
    All this would mean is that teachers would be potential killers, I don't want teachers showing youth that they are educating that guns are okay, that killing is okay 'as long as it's a bad guy'.

This is obviously an overreaction to the school shooting, which only became a thing because the media made it one. They should try to stop killers before it gets to that point, not give a teacher a gun just in case...

Solid plan, surely nothing can go wrong with this!
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by larrakeyah View Post
    Pretty much this, but really good training...not just a 5 day course so to say.

Quote Originally Posted by larrakeyah View Post
    Ah yes. Let's give them a online training course and a weekend at the range. Lets arm those teachers!

It's people that think arming teachers in a damn school is a good idea is what gives others in the world a bad impression of us Americans.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Deleted
    I will chime in with all the other sarcasm users in the thread.

This is the best idea I have ever heard about!

10+ Year Old Account
    I was about to write a long post about why this would be so stupid. But then i remember how many gun nuts are on this forum and that they wouldnt change their minds unless their own child got shot. I feel very sorry for those Americans that are trying to bring in gun bans/control.

Deleted
    Today is a great day for child safety in America!!! Nothing will go wrong!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    Ah yes. Let's give them a online training course and a weekend at the range. Lets arm those teachers!

It's people that think arming teachers in a damn school is a good idea is what gives others in the world a bad impression of us Americans.
    It would seem that the teachers in this case get significant training with police in the use and care of firearms and crisis and hostage situations, plus the rounds they use are resistant to ricochet.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    Would be the worst solution for the teachers.
    Yes now the killer do know where he can get a gun (strike a elder teacher from behind)