Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mancowski View Post
    I notice most Americans' here confuse a grill with a barbeque. But with my father BBQ has been a deal we do a lot throughout the year. mostly ribs and a bit of brisket. Grilling is something i try to do weekly at home though. few steaks and some twice baked potatoes.. personally i like the BBQ in the winter months, though
    Grill and barbecue are interchangeable terms in the United States. The difference refers to the method of cooking, not the device.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Grill and barbecue are interchangeable terms in the United States. The difference refers to the method of cooking, not the device.
    Then they are confusing the methods. You don't BBQ steaks, hotdogs and hamburgers. You grill them, lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Then they are confusing the methods. You don't BBQ steaks, hotdogs and hamburgers. You grill them, lol
    Semantics. I don't get up in the arse when people confuse fry with saute, or boil with blanch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

If you cook meat on hot charcoal then its a BBQ imo

i really dont know what the diference is

the temperature and length of cooking. cook briskit fast and high you have a boot. cook a new york fast an high you got a seared piece of meat, that is still tender. It all depends on the cuts you use though

the temperature and length of cooking. cook briskit fast and high you have a boot. cook a new york fast an high you got a seared piece of meat, that is still tender. It all depends on the cuts you use though
    Like Didactic, I won't call anybody out on semantics. For the record, I have a gas grill, a charcoal grill, and a charcoal/wood smoker. It's all barbeque to me. Meat charred over fire. True enough, wings over charcoal have a much more complex and delicious flavor compared with when they are cooked on propane, but they are still delicious, and you don't always have the time to prep coals.

I smoked a turkey for Thanksgiving and it came out great. Cooking time was about the same as the one we roasted, but add another hour or so to get the fire prepped, and I was managing the smoker for the better part of 6 hours. But Holy Mother of God, that was some good turkey. The smoked turkey was the hands down winner, and they were both really good turkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Oh lord no. I live in the Philly area now and the 100F during the summer melts me right to the ground. Rather have -20F than 100F.

---------- Post added 2012-12-24 at 07:31 AM ----------

I mean I've been doing it for over 15 years now, but I guess eventually I'll burn myself, sure. Just probably not while doing a BBQ.
    Working as a chef for a few years then doing my own cooking or cooking for others for 20 years or so I have cut myself bad enough to make a hospital trip once and a few small burns here in there. Most of the time the burns are my forearms hitting something like the oven/grill rack above things I'm grabbing or flipping. Either way these glove would do nothing to help with that and in some case the odd end would block your view.

---------- Post added 2012-12-24 at 07:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    If you cook meat on hot charcoal then its a BBQ imo

i really dont know what the diference is
    Grilling is high heat and normally quick cooking, steaks, burgers, fish, hot dogs whatever. BBQing is low and slow nothing over 250 degrees and normally between 200 to 225, with some sort of smoke or water soaked wood chips. Of course the grill you are cooking on is often called a BBQ and that is where most mix things up.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."