Stood in the Fire ImEveryCliche's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

"Tranquil Master" Achievement (Bugged?)

Hi all,

Just looking for some advice regarding the "Tranquil Master" meta achievement for killing all the Sha's. I only need to kill the Sha of Despair to complete the meta, so tonight I went through the questline until I was given the quest to kill him. Upon downing him in the basement of the Temple of the Red Crane I received credit for killing him for the quest, but not the meta ach. I tried abandoning the quest and reaccepting and relogging/rezoning with no luck. Are there any known resolutions for this, or do i just have to deal with missing out on the title?

Cheers.

*I have an in-game ticket submitted, but the average wait time is 1 day 10 hours, so I thought i would try the great minds of mmo-champ for ideas.

have you tried handing in the quest? I did this only last week or so and I got it fine! sounds like a simple explanation, if not then it's bugged for you =)

I killed the boss without having the quest and it didn't work for me, but after I went through and did the whole quest chain I got the title
    Last edited by Newcon12; 2012-12-24 at 03:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcon12 View Post
    have you tried handing in the quest? I did this only last week or so and I got it fine! sounds like a simple explanation, if not then it's bugged for you =)
    Do you remember if you got credit for the meta when you actually killed the Sha or upon turning in the quest? I'm only hesitant to turn the quest in, as I've read that once you do, you are removed from the phase that the Sha spawns in.

I'm pretty sure I only got the credit once I handed the quest in, regardless if you have done the quest and you still haven't got it you will have eliminated all the options other than a bug of why you haven't got the credit! Just try it and if you don't get it, it will definitely be a bug and blizz will be able to see in the logs that you have completed that quest and grant it to you, if it isn't done upon completion, although, i'm 99% sure you get the credit upon completion of the actual quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just handed in the quest and recieved the meta achievement. Feel pretty silly now, but loving my new title! Thanks so much for the timely and friendly replies =D

Cheers,
    Ten

"Did this quest chain last week and when I was looking at some of my achievements I saw that the Sha of Despair is needed for the " Tranquil Master " achievement . Saw that it wasn't popped on the Achieve, anyone know if why I didn't get credit for the kill ? Is the quest/achievement bugged ?

brothernads on 2012/11/21 (Patch 5.0.5)
    Same here - I've already completed this quest chain and defeated the Sha of Despair but it isn't checked off in the Tranquil Master achievement on my character's Armory profile. Word is that it will be fixed in patch 5.1 (which should almost certainly release next week, Nov. 27) so if you've already done the quest, just sit tight and you'll get credit.

brothernads 24 days ago (Patch 5.1.0)
    Confirmed that this bug has been fixed in patch 5.1. Not sure why my previous comment was downrated."

some stuff from wowhead on the quest though, they haven't said whether you get it upon completion of the quest

---------- Post added 2012-12-24 at 07:33 PM ----------

hehe no worries, i'd be the same if I wasn't sure! Gratz on the achievement it's a nice one!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenethon View Post
    Do you remember if you got credit for the meta when you actually killed the Sha or upon turning in the quest? I'm only hesitant to turn the quest in, as I've read that once you do, you are removed from the phase that the Sha spawns in.
    You wouldn't have been removed from the phase if you handed in though. Had the same or similar bug where it didn't apply sfter doing the quest, so I was told to go kill it again when someone else was doing the quest.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenethon View Post
    I personally got the meta for it without having the quest. He spawns regardless of you having the quest to kill him or not (I've never done Krasarang at all), so try abandoning the quest perhaps and just killing him. Worked for me

I was worried about being bugged out of the achievement for this Sha and and the Sha of Hatred in Towlong, so when I was doing the quests I made sure I had the tag when I killed them. (a lot of times these achievements don't grant credit if you don't get the tag on the mob, so I was playing it safe)