Thread: Directionless?

Directionless?

Can't figure out what to do with myself in WoW. In previous expansions I have generally had a goal as to what I want to accomplish with my time. This expansion I feel lost and well I'm getting bored with not knowing what to do. I currently have a DK, Mage, Warrior, Druid, Priest, Hunter, Paladin, Monk, and a Warlock. I tried to pve this expansion but just cant get fully into it + finding a good guild at this point in the expac will be difficult. So far pvp has been my only source of fun, however I am reached a point where I dont seem to go up.

DK - Got up over 2k CR in rbgs, I dont arena because DKs are really squishy + finding 2 other competent players has been a pain. Most of my friends are from other realms on real id. At 2k you basically target call as a dk or your useless, while I believe I can do a great job.. im just not the best at it. I do better as raid leader making quick decisions.

Warrior - Im only wanted as an FC, tired of sitting at lighthouse.

Monk - good at doing everything, but excels at nothing

Priest/Lock/Mage - Groups i am in I normally lead or target call.. most of the time both. Playing a caster does not come natural to me so i have a hard time playing these classes. On my mage for ex, ill focus so much on CC everything that my dmg suffers same on my lock who generally gets gibbed first.

Deleted
    Trying changing game if nothing in wow satisfies your current tastes.

It gets to this point usually when you are given a lot to do in comparison to almost nothing ( like classic and tbc ).

Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    Trying changing game if nothing in wow satisfies your current tastes.

It gets to this point usually when you are given a lot to do in comparison to almost nothing ( like classic and tbc ).
    I tried playing swtor, and I kept going well in Wow I could do this.. or the movement seems behind wows.

Deleted
    so in mmo you cant be bothred to find other people to play with. Just unsuscribe.

Hey OP, I am with you. I currently just got back from hiatus and it seems to me at this point in the game the most you can do is PvP. Most guilds who are looking for players need you to meet a certain criteria. Well folks, hate to break it to you, if you are a DPS class and you are trying your best to get geared, it'll take forever. Between 20 min ques for LFR or 12 min ques for LFD it takes a while. Then you have to deal with the whole RNG factor for loot to be dropped , it's tough. I am not here to whine or complain, but sometimes it is frustrating. So I am with you!

As for me, even though I have spent many hours of hard work and resources to better my Shaman ( Enhance ), I feel like it is time to pick up my Sword and Shield and head over to my local dungeon and become a Prot Warrior. I feel that is the only way to A- Get into a great guild once I am geared , and B- Sneak my Shaman into said guild and have him geared =p!!

I've been playing for 7+ years, at both end-game PvE and Glad level play in PvP. Just my 2C.

Hope you find what you are looking for man.

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    so in mmo you cant be bothred to find other people to play with. Just unsuscribe.

Oh I can find other players, I can fill a group for an RBG at the drop of a hat. Finding competent players that I can depend on is a whole different animal. Ignorant comment if I do say so myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Set some individual goals. MoP is more about you now setting them, not Blizzard offering breadcrumbs. You are your own man/woman, and it's up to you to "seize the day".

For me that's catching up on achieves and hanging out with family. Having the time now to do so (I progressed so much faster leaving them behind), is actually a nice change, and it's much more fun.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

If you are asking questions like this, it is time to move on. Find another game or hobby.

Guess your right but just feels so shitty to quit when so much time has been invested into this.

Deleted
    Try some PvE?
    I know that's the bane of most PvP players, but its actually really enjoyable this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    If you are asking questions like this, it is time to move on. Find another game or hobby.
    Yes follow the advice of the poster who left the game yet just can't get far enough away that they no longer feel the need to stalk it's fansites.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    Same for SWTOR it didnt do well, time to delete that crap

If you are behind in pve, get in a bad guild? You will get some gear and move on. This may be an evil thing to do but at some point you have to do something like this to find a better guild.

Or, get in a guild and join alt runs until you gear. Pve this expac is really satisfying so don't give up. You still have 3 months to clear content + gear up.

The only problem with Pve I seem to have is the gearing up process, I seem to like both windwalker monk and fury warrior. Hiowever the only person geared for pve is my dk as blood. Doing heroics with 20 min ques is a bitch

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, you can quit altogether or perhaps more sensibly take a few months off. New patches combined with some time away can work wonders on occasion. PVP is unlikely to go through any huge changes however. It's just not the nature of the thing to change in the same way and as profoundly as PVE does.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    The only problem with Pve I seem to have is the gearing up process, I seem to like both windwalker monk and fury warrior. Hiowever the only person geared for pve is my dk as blood. Doing heroics with 20 min ques is a bitch
    Get crafted healer gear for your monk and queue as healer, then gather windwalker gear from dungeons. Windwalkers are getting quite nice buffs for 5.2 so taking a few months off and returning for the next patch might be a good idea as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Guess your right but just feels so shitty to quit when so much time has been invested into this.

Your not investing anything ,your wasting your time.

Try having some fun before you forget how!