Page 1 of 3
LastLast

World first hunter solo: The Lich King (25 heroic)

So, I'm not sure if I should make a new thread for this, seeing as Mione soloed it on Death Knight about 8-10 hours before me (that's why I'm posting in hunter forums since it's still hunter first). So if any hunters with decent gear don't have Invincible they can now go try get it without any competition!

I made a (rather long) video of the kill, so if people are interested, whether it's because of entertainment, wanting to learn some things about hunter, or to see how the solo is done so you can do it yourself, here is the video:

Information about gear, strategy and music is in the description of the video Enjoy!

Deleted
    I have a small question, or two in fact. At roughly 8:12 the Valkyrs spawn and a Infest is cast. The Valkyrs decided to just hang around and not do anything, how was that possible? Also, since it doesn't look like you LoSed the Infest, why didn't you take the debuff and damage at that point?

Anyway very impressive feat. I've always considered Hunters to be one of the best soloing classes, glad to see some actual major things to compete with Death Knights. Congratulations on your kill.
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2012-12-24 at 10:52 PM.

Infest should just disappear after it goes out nowadays, because of how it works. And we have at least 10x the health of when that fight was current.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Whoa, that's impressive. It doesn't look that hard but to focus 15 minutes with the boss being in berserk and would probably oneshot you if given the chance is impressive. Very, very well done.

PS. I suggest speeding up the fight as I don't find many that would be willing to watch the whole thing. I at least didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    I have a small question, or two in fact. At roughly 8:12 the Valkyrs spawn and a Infest is cast. The Valkyrs decided to just hang around and not do anything, how was that possible? Also, since it doesn't look like you LoSed the Infest, why didn't you take the debuff and damage at that point?

Anyway very impressive feat. I've always considered Hunters to be one of the best soloing classes, glad to see some actual major things to compete with Death Knights. Congratulations on your kill.
    I don't get gripped by Val'kyrs because I take a hit at least every minute. Taking a hit from LK or one of the Raging Spirits marks you as a tank, and tanks can't get gripped by Val'kyrs (imagine that when it was current content). In phase 1, I LoSed the Infest, in phase 2 I didn't as I was sitting on full health except just after taking a hit, but I could just time it to be right after an Infest.
    Thanks for the kind words!

Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    Infest should just disappear after it goes out nowadays, because of how it works. And we have at least 10x the health of when that fight was current.
    Not exactly, it's percentage based - if my health is below 90% it stays on me. You wouldn't believe how many of my wipes were because I messed up and took an infest in phase 1 where I wasn't topped because Necrotic Plague ticks for 150k.

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    Whoa, that's impressive. It doesn't look that hard but to focus 15 minutes with the boss being in berserk and would probably oneshot you if given the chance is impressive. Very, very well done.

PS. I suggest speeding up the fight as I don't find many that would be willing to watch the whole thing. I at least didn't.
    Thank you! As for speeding it up, I completely understand people don't wanna watch it all, and perhaps I should have done it (at least phase 3 after showing how I kite LK a few times). On the other hand, people who want to see it have the option to do it in normal speed, and those who don't can fast forward as you did .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caribald View Post
    I don't get gripped by Val'kyrs because I take a hit at least every minute. Taking a hit from LK or one of the Raging Spirits marks you as a tank, and tanks can't get gripped by Val'kyrs (imagine that when it was current content). In phase 1, I LoSed the Infest, in phase 2 I didn't as I was sitting on full health except just after taking a hit, but I could just time it to be right after an Infest.
    Thanks for the kind words!
    Ah I see. I was aware that they didn't pick up tanks, but I wasn't expecting taking just a hit here and there would instantly mark you as a tank. The Infest thing makes sense as well. But as I was going through the video not even the debuff showed up at that point so it looked a little odd.

Anyway again congratulations on your kill. Keeping my eye on your youtube channel in case more nice things pop up. That is, even more than what's already on there.

Impressive kill! Looks like it took a hell of a long time, must've been painful bouncing him back and forth while he was enraged for half the fight and still having to worrying about other things.

Wow, I'm in awe, great job!

Thumbs up on Mistletoe LeBlanc!

how the hell u get rid off Necrotic Plague?

Quote Originally Posted by Caribald View Post
    So, I'm not sure if I should make a new thread for this, seeing as Mione soloed it on Death Knight about 8-10 hours before me (that's why I'm posting in hunter forums since it's still hunter first).

How do you know you're the first hunter? Or that Mione did it 8-10 hours before you? Is there a website that tracks this?
    Last edited by ablib; 2012-12-25 at 12:05 AM.

Deleted
    Very well done impressive to say the least

Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    how the hell u get rid off Necrotic Plague?
    I don't, I just outheal with Spirit Mend, Spirit Bond and bandages.

I don't have the patience for this... Grats!

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Grats! I saw this coming as I was watching your stream the other day.

The yelling in the background when he goes down is epic. Everyone should at least watch from 31:00 with the sound up just so you'll understand WHY people do things like this.

Awesome job man.

Congratulations, incredible accomplishment! How long did it take to down him?

Q: Why does Han Solo hate math textbooks?

A: Never tell him the odds.

Congratulations! Very impressive job, man... I'll definitely try your strategy when i get more gear... I would love been able to solo LK 25 H and Yogg'saron for the mounts... =x

" So much lost time... that you'll never get back!"....

10+ Year Old Account
    Marry me Caribald!!!

I can't find the DK guide for doing this, anyone know where it is?