Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think that Ra-Den will be a Titian construct that looks like Raiden from Mortal Combat
    yet I think he will be responsible for creating the Mogu who were created combining
    biological and stone materials and their initial job was to contain the Shaw. Yet the
    Vale waters evolved them some how into the Mogu we see today.

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing that came to me last night....

Everyone is assuming, mostly because of the name, that Ra-Den is going to be a Lightning Heavy encounter...

But Lei Shen is directly before Ra-Den and is ALSO a very heavy Lightning based encounter, so I'm thinking we might be barking up the wrong tree, with the style of this particular fight.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Tentacles will rise from each side of the platform, as we fight an oldgod corrupted monstrosity with lightning fields intended as defense mechanisms also turn against you.

no? ok

Deleted

To all those with high hopes....we might get this Raiden...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiZe View Post
    It would not surprise me in a twist if Ra-den is a pandaren. Maybe the first Pandaren shaman or monk, Lei Shen imprisoned him to steal his power then enslaved his race, the Pandaren, so none would or could ever rise to emulate him. An incredibly wise and immortal monk perhaps.
    Actually I think that happening is very unlikely, seeing as that would be very hard, bordering impossible to have in China.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crysthalica View Post
    Actually I think that happening is very unlikely, seeing as that would be very hard, bordering impossible to have in China.
    Um... why would it have anything to do with China?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barlie830 View Post
    Um... why would it have anything to do with China?
    Because the Chinese (at least the government) are very strict about not allowing anything that shows harming pandas, and in case you hadn't noticed, pandaren are heavily based on pandas.

Because the Chinese (at least the government) are very strict about not allowing anything that shows harming pandas, and in case you hadn't noticed, pandaren are heavily based on pandas.
    Dead Pandaren in China say hi.

The fact that Pandaren were even allowed to be in Mists for China says Hi.

The fact that the animations of dying Pandaren in the game for China say Hi.

Shall I go on about Dead Pandaren.

In China.

In the game for China.

Being displayed for China.

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    You realize that we kill Pandarens in Mists left and right? And Mists was released in Asia....

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    A lot of people speculate Ra-Den is going to be another Titan Celestial Construct like Algalon.

I don't think they're going to pull that again.
    Nor do I. They've already got one (Elegon). I'd put my money on Ra-Den being some sort of actual deified Titan or something. It's possible that the Mogu didn't really "steal" any Titanic power, but were given it from the start.

Someone else mentioned the Mogu being "stony" as well, which would indicate some Titan involvement. Who knows, maybe the Mogu ARE the watchers for the Vale, and their subjugation of the other races was a Titan-given order.

You realize that's incorrect right and has been proven time and time again for years?

Deleted
    That has been proven false a long time ago.

As for OP, I think Ra-den may be the Pandaria equivalent of Loken/Thorim, a powerful titan watcher charged to guard the repository around which Mogu'shan Vaults was later built. Then he got discovered and subdued by the Thunder King, who took him to Throne of Thunder and used him as a battery for his powers.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is vanishingly unlikely but I would dearly love it if it turned out to be a sly reference to this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodan

I'd say the odds are 1 in 10000 but it's a cool idea.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    This is vanishingly unlikely but I would dearly love it if it turned out to be a sly reference to this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodan

I'd say the odds are 1 in 10000 but it's a cool idea.
    There are I think 2 Godzilla references in this Raid, the first being the Turtle Boss and the second being the Triceratops I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    We need some informations about that raid already. I really want to know what Ra-Den is and where Mogu got the Observer (Durumu the Forgotten).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    There are I think 2 Godzilla references in this Raid, the first being the Turtle Boss and the second being the Triceratops I think.
    I see that someone else brought this (Rodan) up earlier. Didn't read much through the thread so sorry for duplicating. Still, it would be sort of cool to have that fight someday.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Malakh View Post
    Well it is known that on Pandaria not only did the Titans completely killed off an Old God (Y'Shaarj) and thus releasing the Sha, but also that one Titan "fell".
    Now, if a Titan falls, it isn't exactly known if he dies, weakens, "deactivates" or becomes similar to Sargeras (he is the "fallen titan" after all). Although that last point of becoming like Sargeras isn't that plausible.

BUT, a fallen Titan could also mean that he is just really weakened, and thus could've been imprisoned, used and siphoned energy off of by the Mogu and the Thunder King himself.
    The creation of the Divine Bell "from maker's flesh, shaped by star's fury" etc. indicates the involvement of a real Titan and not just one of their creations. If the Mogu had indeed a fallen Titan imprisoned, then the Korune spellweavers who brought the bell to Lei Shen, could've experimented on the Titan and in the end being successful in creating a weapon off of it.
    With the involvement of the Sha it could also be, that the Titan "fell", because it was dominated by the seventh and last Sha, therefore needing to be imprisoned to stop wreaking havoc all across Pandaria. The Mogu found him and used him to fuel their own plans and to conquer all of Pandaria.

Now, when Lei Shen dies, and we venture into Ra-Den's prison, we free him, or at least free the seventh Sha in the process of putting an end to him. And we all can see now whom this last Sha would try to consume and take over, our beloved Son of Hellscream.
    He is after all trying to master the Sha and searching for new ways to do so after the Bell is now lying in pieces.

Anyone else see a Ra-Den in here? Cuz I do...

An image of the pantheon (with uncorrupted Sargeras) from the new "Warcraft Saga" comic. (Copied from the Summary line of the wowpedia entry.)
    Last edited by Kagonos; 2013-01-08 at 10:20 PM. Reason: added context
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

I'm hoping its a Titan, but if its at least Titan related, I'd be ok with that too. We know far too little about them at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by kolston View Post
    I'm hoping its a Titan, but if its at least Titan related, I'd be ok with that too. We know far too little about them at this point.
    I think that the Mogu are somehow related to demons and, therefore, related to Titans. They may share the Eredar skeleton for more reasons than development efficiency.

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 05:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    My guess would be that Ra-Den is the 5th August Celestial that watched over the Vale of Eternal Blossoms until he was captured. There is sometimes a 5th guardian beast that is associated with Center and currently no August Celestial watches over the vale.

Im guessing it will look something like a Thundermaw wolf.
    The finale GL quest (and other quests) shows that they all watch over the vale.

Deleted
    Were you trying to have the worst argument ever? Or did it just came up to you?
    We kill Pandaren while levelling, in PvP, in Dungeons, in Quests, rares in the world, but we can't kill one in a raid because China wouldn't like it? Are you even serious?