Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Do you think is fair that * criminal and bum * have the same right as we ?

Tonight i was harass by 3 bum at the local outdoor malls and one even scream into my face and i NEVER SAY A THING but i felt my life was threatened so i enter a store and i ask for a manager, And i explain what happen and she call the cops but by the time they show up they left and is disgusted me that societies are allowing these bum to roam the street

And then i came to conclusion is that there low life have right the same right as everyone else and that is not fair, But they do so that these bum are allow to harass and threatened a person and that if we defend ourself we go to jail and the bum get a free pass............................

Well am i right do you think is fair ?
    Do you think they deserve to be in jail for a long time or be in a insane ward and get help ?

ME PERSONALLY LET THEM ROTS IN JAIL !

Lol, yes, throw people in jail for being disadvantaged in life. Brilliant plan.

Criminals should rot if they are repeat offenders or violent offenders(violent offenders even on first offense). Anyone can make a bad choice once and not be a low life thug. But, are you saying that people who are mentally ill (that are deemed ill via a court hearing) be denied help and rot away in jail?

Also I doubt many people would choose to be homeless, and have to beg people on the street so they could eat, or rummage through trash bins for discarded food. Some people run into hard times, and the societies that look down on them like they are worthless are a big part of what's wrong with the world today.
    Last edited by geewhiz80; 2012-12-24 at 01:40 AM.

Deleted
    Depends on what they've done.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are painting all homeless people as the same after meeting a few that were abusive. How would putting all of them in jail help those who aren't acting like that? I'm glad you aren't making the decisions :s
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

Sorry I don't think we should toss bums into jail just because they're bums. If they commit a crime and are caught then they should get whatever the punishment is for the crime they've committed.

Is English your first language?

Harassment and creating a public nuisance is illegal for everyone, however cops won't always enforce those laws. They have to deal with this kind of thing every day you know. They learn to pick their fights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll bite.

The answer, simply, is yes. Not only is it fair, it is an important facet of the very notion of civil rights and liberties. If you restrict one group, it opens the door for restriction of others, which is unethical and repugnant.

Solving the criminal and homeless problem is not going to be accomplished through abrogation of rights. The answer, as usual, is rooting out the social and economic problems that generate criminal activity and create homeless people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Whoever throws the first punch goes to jail period.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sweeping the problem into a jail isn't going to make it go away. Since the housing market collapsed, homelessness has been compounding at an astounding rate.

Also, prisons shouldn't even be the rug you sweep your undesirable elements under. It ought to be a place to rehabilitate those who aren't unrepentant sociopaths (and those whose criminal behavior stems from a disorder ought to be committed to a mental health institution to get the help they need). Life imprisonment should be a heavy penalty with heavy requirements, not your first stop every time a crime is committed.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I don't understand why homeless people don't commit suicide. I would. What's left to live for when you're sleeping in alleys and eating food from trashcans? If your life is so awful, tragic and disgusting that that's what you've been reduced to, why wouldn't you just put an end to all the misery? Makes no sense to me.

As for the rights of the homeless, they should have all the same legal protections as anyone else is his society. As for criminals, I believe felons should have the right to vote.

It should be illegal to be homeless! We should toss them in jail until they find a place to live!

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Lol, yes, throw people in jail for being disadvantaged in life. Brilliant plan.
    Disadvantaged, plenty of them already get a government check which they typically blow on booze or drugs then beg until the next check to support their habit.

Offer them 25 cents a pushup next time they beg for money

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WNYIRISHGUY View Post
    Tonight i was harass by 3 bum at the local outdoor malls and one even scream into my face and i NEVER SAY A THING but i felt my life was threatened so i enter a store and i ask for a manager, And i explain what happen and she call the cops but by the time they show up they left and is disgusted me that societies are allowing these bum to roam the street

And then i came to conclusion is that there low life have right the same right as everyone else and that is not fair, But they do so that these bum are allow to harass and threatened a person and that if we defend ourself we go to jail and the bum get a free pass............................

Well am i right do you think is fair ?
    Do you think they deserve to be in jail for a long time or be in a insane ward and get help ?

ME PERSONALLY LET THEM ROTS IN JAIL !
    Yes, and remember you are the type of person that goes first when the "lower class" starts the revolution.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    Personally, I don't understand why homeless people don't commit suicide. I would. What's left to live for when you're sleeping in alleys and eating food from trashcans? If your life is so awful, tragic and disgusting that that's what you've been reduced to, why wouldn't you just put an end to all the misery? Makes no sense to me.
    Hope, mainly. The hope that tomorrow you get that job interview, or you find enough money to get a motel room, a warm bed, and a hot shower. On top of that, most homeless people consider their predicament short-term, and in the long-term, most of them don't commit suicide because of a functioning survival instinct.

As for the rights of the homeless, they should have all the same legal protections as anyone else is his society. As for criminals, I believe felons should have the right to vote.
    If they served their time and are considered to have paid their debts to society, I agree.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Another troll thread. Move along.

Infracted.

Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    To a hardcore addict getting their next fix is all that matters, what had to be done to get it does not, their drugs are their god and they will suffer for their religion if needed.
    But look at it this way when they have enough money to get their fix they will enjoy it much more than you do things in your average life.

Deleted
    Yes, that is exactly what fairness is.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Look at my view

5 time i was robs in the pass

4 time in NYC
    1 time since moving up to WNY

I get non stop harassment ether for cigarette or use of my phone and if i say no they will ether get curse out or threatened to harm me and that when i call the cops they scatter like roaches !

* DO YOU THINK IS FAIR *

That i get this abuse and that the police are limited for what they can enforce but they threatened to kill me and not an arrestable offense

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WNYIRISHGUY View Post
    Look at my view

5 time i was robs in the pass

4 time in NYC
    1 time since moving up to WNY

I get non stop harassment ether for cigarette or use of my phone and if i say no they will ether get curse out or threatened to harm me and that when i call the cops they scatter like roaches !

* DO YOU THINK IS FAIR *

That i get this abuse and that the police are limited for what they can enforce but they threatened to kill me and not an arrestable offense
    Get a taser, mace, a gun, or go learn self defense techniques.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.