Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Krommm View Post
    (Drawing) Tablet
    I bought myself new one for christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    All I got from this thread is parents spoil there GROWN children to much. As soon as anyone turned 18 in my family that is it. You give presents and not recive them.
    Not everyone's family runs the same way, I know it's shocking.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I got from this thread is parents spoil there GROWN children to much. As soon as anyone turned 18 in my family that is it. You give presents and not recive them.
    Hey, some of us having loving familes that dont stop loving us just because we turn 18

OT: I got a necklace and a crapton of gift cards, and dad says since he didnt have time to get me something since he didnt come home from an around the world trip until 2 days ago, I cna pick whatever I want. Going to try and keep it cheap and useful though >.> Also, my date got me a hamster made out of Alpaca fur when he came back from Peru!

I'm 23 and my relatives still buy me (useful) gifts because I'm a poor student.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got one thing. A 14" flat head screwdriver from my 6 year old. Happy with that.

My wife got me a Smith and Wesson 686+ with a 3 inch barrel and wood grips. It looks like the one in the link below.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sw+6...17%3B640%3B427

I got some ps4 accessories, mainly because i have all the launch games already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got a Dell Tablet, Alienware Keyboard and a 'Legendary' MMO Mouse. Some clothes, a Wireless Printer(Epson), some calendars, a stress ball(Cause I can get anxiety). sometimes).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Yeah, god forbid anyone's parents love them enough to give them gifts after they turn 18.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Yeah, god forbid anyone's parents love them enough to give them gifts after they turn 18.
    Just because you are expected to be an adult doesn't mean nobody loves you.
    Aye mate

So when does being an adult mean you don't get gifts? My 86 year old grandmother still gets Christmas gifts. (As well as my father, and mother both of which are over 50, my mom being in her 60's) Receiving presents doesn't make you any less of an adult than anyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    No but just because we're over 18 doesn't mean parents don't give their children gifts. You sound jealous, seriously ease off the green envy.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    I'm 23 and my relatives still buy me (useful) gifts because I'm a poor student.
    Mature adults exchange gifts all the time in my circles. It is based on intimate thought and not any specific holiday occasion. "Here you go. This made me think of you."

Adults within a social circle typically all have very similar financial capabilities, which makes occasional gift giving silly. Why the hell would I wait for somebody to gift me a PlayStation when I can go out and buy my own whenever I want.

Spontaneous gift giving on the other hand makes a lot more sense. You see something small that makes you think of somebody so you buy it for them. Something that it might not ever occur for them to buy for them self. But it might relate to a common memory or whatever, giving it meaning as a gift it might not have otherwise had.

So as a poor college student you are a sensible recipient for occasioanl gifts. But the majority of adults aren't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because your definition of adult varies from a lot of people doesn't mean we're spoiled brats who dont give back. I went beyond for my family this year. Its just one of the ways we show our continual love for each other. Hell, one of the gifts I gave my dad has inspired a new family tradition

10+ Year Old Account
    I spent about $220 on presents making minimum.

I got an estimated $130 back, but that's not the point.

The point is that you get to see other's happy for a bit that you thought of them and that maybe you got them something they like that they never would have been able to get/found themselves.

Don't call people spoiled just because they are saying what they themselves got from others.

In terms of children, the only gift I gave was to my friends little sister.

Not game time.

Anyone still feeling Merry?

10+ Year Old Account
    gtx 670 for SLI ...also came with Assassin's Creed IV black flag, Splinter Cell blacklist and a Steelseries Diablo 3 mousepad.
    2tb WD passport ultra usb 3.0 external HD
    Bunch of bathroom products, crest whitestrips, mouthwash, etc.
    slippers
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    No but just because we're over 18 doesn't mean parents don't give their children gifts. You sound jealous, seriously ease off the green envy.
    Jealous? Why? Anything I want I buy myself.
    Aye mate

I got mainly cash cause folks knew my wife and I were going on our honeymoon in a week after waiting a year so we could save money and that my computer is messing up and I needed new parts. Got some clothes as well. I also got to spend time with family which is always fun since we live all over the country.

My wife got the mad hookup on some DVDs (entire Battlestar Galactica) and she got Link between Worlds which I fully intend to steal and play.

Everyone in both our families get gifts despite age. The fun is finding something someone wants and watching them open the gift and be excited. Christmas is fun for all ages, you don't have to spend a fortune to make folks happy.

Jealous? Why? Anything I want I buy myself.
    Because receiving things from people who loves you feels good? I mean, I won't say you're wrong for not getting presents, but to call others who do spoiled is just flat out wrong. Infact, your view on this is kind of the opposite of being a mature adult.

"Oh look at me, I don't get presents. Aren't I an adult?? Everyone else who gets presents are spoiled babies."