Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    i know we even have an indirect image of Y'Shaarj, the dead old god introduced in mop

7 heads...

STARING AT YOUR SOUL......
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I've always liked the theory that N'zoth actually used Deathwing as a way to force the other dragon aspects to give up their powers. They did state that he is a rather crafty bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalwarden View Post
    I've always liked the theory that N'zoth actually used Deathwing as a way to force the other dragon aspects to give up their powers. They did state that he is a rather crafty bastard.
    or maybe Nzoth will be the real final boss after we find out garrosh is corrupted.... jk

i know we even have an indirect image of Y'Shaarj, the dead old god introduced in mop
    If you're talking about that Cthulhu-esque motif in the inner chamber of Klaxxi'vess when you reach Exalted, it's just one head, though it has seven tentacles. Maybe that's just one of the seven heads, each with seven tentacles?

That's pretty interesting.

I hope he's not just forgotten forever.

---------- Post added 2012-12-24 at 01:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ambulatory Cube View Post
    If you're talking about that Cthulhu-esque motif in the inner chamber of Klaxxi'vess when you reach Exalted, it's just one head, though it has seven tentacles. Maybe that's just one of the seven heads, each with seven tentacles?
    Don't they say something like, when their gods come back, if we're smart we'll be on their side?

Are we seeing him at all this expansion? I just find it odd that N'zoth had a build up in cataclysm but we haven't had any sort of encounter with him yet or even a picture.
    When was the last time we heard of N'zoth and what is N'zoth doing now? Was there already a conclusion for N'zoth?

"Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside."
    His war came to an end with the destruction of his champion, Deathwing. Hour of Twilight was averted and he needs a new pawn. Perhaps he has one in Azshara already and is helping her in the depths of Azeroth's oceans.

10+ Year Old Account
    When the NE Queen makes her triumphant raid return so will he

or maybe Nzoth will be the real final boss after we find out garrosh is corrupted.... jk
    *twitch* No, no, no. As a fan of the lovecraft brigade, no. He needs to have this mess be on his idiotic head.

I will still act blissfully ignorant though and sit in my little bubble that Deathwing dying was part of the plan all along, and him succeeding would have simply been a nice bonus. I am awaiting for said bubble of plot fun to be popped by blizzard at any moment.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I think Blizz will write it off as N'Zoth combined with Deathwing's corpse to create Madness, then we killed him by killing Madness.
    If thats true then yet another reason I hate Cata even more. Honestly, how much more half-assed could they have gotten with that x-pac.

Oh man, I forgot about the Puzzle-Box. "Black goat with seven eyes", eh? Maybe it wasn't talking about N'zoth, but Y'shaarj instead? I'll have to skim through the puzzle-box lines again, I'm all curious now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    If thats true then yet another reason I hate Cata even more. Honestly, how much more half-assed could they have gotten with that x-pac.
    Well, that is what happens when you are doing two things at once, both new levels and revamping their old ones. Noble idea, it just hurt in practice.

Well, that is what happens when you are doing two things at once, both new levels and revamping their old ones. Noble idea, it just hurt in practice.
    I like that they revamped the old quests and they did a good job of it. The problem is that it doesnt make a good x-pac.

I will still act blissfully ignorant though and sit in my little bubble that Deathwing dying was part of the plan all along, and him succeeding would have simply been a nice bonus. I am awaiting for said bubble of plot fun to be popped by blizzard at any moment.
    Wasn't the End Time dungeon enough to show that Deathwing dying should come after the Hour of Twilight succeeded, not before? Even the Old Gods don't have mastery over the timeways. Not yet anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    i kind wish that we'll end up getting a fully underwater expansion making us face azshara and n'zoth
    We still have to do a couple of things underwater:
    - Rescue Neptulon the Tidehunter, Lord of Water, because he was taken in Throne of Tides.
    - Take a visit at Nazjatar and The Rift and surroundings
    - Kicking a$s @ Queen Azshara.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    We still have to do a couple of things underwater:
    - Rescue Neptulon the Tidehunter, Lord of Water, because he was taken in Throne of Tides.
    - Take a visit at Nazjatar and The Rift and surroundings
    - Kicking a$s @ Queen Azshara.
    I thought Blizz said they felt good about how the Neptulon story wrapped up and would not visit it again.

I thought Blizz said they felt good about how the Neptulon story wrapped up and would not visit it again.
    The plan was a raid, called Abyssal Maw, where the rest of the story of Neptulon was supposed to be told, but we never got that raid dungeon. So Blizz still owes us the rest of his story.

They did say something like this. But this is not true in any way.

The Neptulon arc is one of the most unfinished things currently on WoW.

I hope they at very least touch this subject again in the future, maybe when we get to Azshara. Even saying neptulon died and that was it, and I will be satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Wasn't the End Time dungeon enough to show that Deathwing dying should come after the Hour of Twilight succeeded, not before? Even the Old Gods don't have mastery over the timeways. Not yet anyways.
    Technically it would be a win win situation for N'zoth and the rest of the old gods, regardless of if Deathwing succeeded. If he did, he would let them be free from this dimensions prisons. If he failed, the sheer amount of effort it would take to stop him would also cripple the defenses of Azeroth as they now lack the complete power of the aspects anymore. They do make it an effort to try to portray the old gods as extra-dimensional beings that are outside the boundaries of even titan comprehension. They even portray death as being more of a torpor or even metamorphosis for them, (In the case of C'thun and Y'Shaarj respectively). They really, really go through the effort that the old gods terrify the hell out of the titans and that we only see just a fraction of what they are capable of.

10+ Year Old Account
    That would be great. I like the idea of N'Zoth as the one Old God who actually knows how to deal with a world full of superheroes, instead of C'Thun and Yogg's simplistic brute-force solutions to everything.

Put another way, the idea that N'Zoth isn't as arrogant as the other ones and is taking his sweet time, playing it as safe as possible to avoid getting beaten into submission from a direct confrontation until he is exactly and completely ready to make his masterstroke.

Now, probably, none of this has anything to do whatsoever with Blizz's actual internal plan. But I like the idea.

Technically it would be a win win situation for N'zoth and the rest of the old gods, regardless of if Deathwing succeeded. If he did, he would let them be free from this dimensions prisons. If he failed, the sheer amount of effort it would take to stop him would also cripple the defenses of Azeroth as they now lack the complete power of the aspects anymore. They do make it an effort to try to portray the old gods as extra-dimensional beings that are outside the boundaries of even titan comprehension. They even portray death as being more of a torpor or even metamorphosis for them, (In the case of C'thun and Y'Shaarj respectively). They really, really go through the effort that the old gods terrify the hell out of the titans and that we only see just a fraction of what they are capable of.
    I don't recall hearing anything about Old God's being outside of Titan comprehension other than they couldn't understand how beings could revel in chaos and misery as the Old Gods did. The aspects losing their power was worded almost as a prophecy; they spent it fulfilling a role the Titan's charged them with in the first place when they were empowered. Perhaps the loss of their power means the Titans will finally return to Azeroth. I think it's just bad story telling to say "this was his plan all along" as it makes no sense to be utterly defeated and say "I meant to do that". There are a lot of very powerful beings still left on Azeroth, the Aspects were not the end of the line. Ancients returned, there's Elune, Hakkar, remaining Elemental Lords, and mortal champions.