Sunset Riders
    Goldeneye 64
    Everquest (Up through Velious)
    Diablo 2
    Half-Life
    Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
    Final Fantasy VII
    A troll is a troll and a roll is a roll, and if we feed them trolls then we don't eat no rolls.

Deleted
    My very personal top 10, in no particular order:

Baldur's Gate II: The second best story-driven RPG I have ever played. I still get chills when I hear the main theme. Joneleth Irenicus is without a doubt the most exciting video game villain I have ever encountered.
    Planescape Torment: And now the best story-driven RPG I have ever played. This game has no peer, it's in an entirely different league from the competition. If you haven't picked this one up yet, GoG frequently features it for 3€. Do it. No seriously, do it.
    Transport Tycoon: My most favourite sim game. I have spent countless hours figuring out how to build a transport monopoly with my 2 brothers. I still play it to this day and Little Red Diesel has made it to my MP3 player for the past 10 years.
    Diablo 2 LOD: My first gaming "addiction", call it what you like. I have so many good memories of doing 18 second Meph runs on my Firewall moat trick Sorc. The item fever in this game turned the most repetitive tasks into pure excitement. A gold standard for ARPGs that has never been, and never will be, replicated. Sorry, Path of Exile.
    World of Warcraft: My second "addiction". It's hard to hate on the game I played for 8 straight years, and only quit recently. This game...there's not much I can say about it eventually. It was basically all I played for 8 years. That'll do.
    Xenogears: And now to round out the top 3, the third best story-driven RPG I have ever played. Wildly underrated and overshadowed by its Final Fantasy brethren, but my god how this game is so much better than them. Yes all of them, no I don't care about your FF7.
    NBA2K13: I play a ton of sports games, and sports is a massive hobby of mine (well, watching them is), so I'll simply include the best NBA game up to date. I like football (soccer, whatever) more than basketball, but the FIFA games aren't as exciting as the NBA games. It's that simple. This game has me jumping on the floor with childish glee after I posterize Sheed, or after I make the gamewinning dream shake lay-in.
    Morrowind: The pinnacle of atmosphere and a haunting score. I remember picking this up on impulse. Best impulse buy ever.
    Monster Rancher 2. I spent hours upon hours in front of my tiny bedroom television playing this, trying out over 1000 CDs for a good monster. I even found my booklet recording all the CDs I used recently when cleaning the garage. The heartache of waking up one day and discovering your monster isn't going to jump out of that oversized barn anymore has never been reproduced.
    KOTOR1: I had to include a Star Wars game, there was no other choice. It's against the law not to include it. The Star Wars universe is by far my most favourite fantasy setting, and this one brought it to life for the first time in a way that has me playing it over and over and over again. I know the sequel is really a better game, but it did not have the same impact on me.

Top 3 that almost made it: Mass Effect, Pokemon Red, Shooting Gallery (aka. the very first game I have ever played on my Windows 2.1x 'rig'.)

It's funny how many gaming soundtracks/themes/scores made it onto my MP3 player. Is it nerdy? Sure is, but the music brings back all those incredible memories. I don't know why, but gaming music always had a profound impact on me, I guess due to that emotional link.

OP, thanks for the trip down memory lane.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2013-03-05 at 11:53 PM.