Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    its offical we need al;tair,ezio, and connor

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    its offical we need al;tair,ezio, and connor
    Pish. The Lord Protector from Dishonored is who we need.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know what's funny?

Had they left out the political bullsh*t, this would have been a positive story that people would have re-posted and supported, even here at MMO-Champ. Instead, some no-name website posted flat-out lies which was picked up and re-posted by Fox.

Fred Phelps may be a democrat, but fox forgets to mention Don Black, David Duke, and Timothy McVeigh are/were all republicans and are/were much worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    You know what's funny?

Had they left out the political bullsh*t, this would have been a positive story that people would have re-posted and supported, even here at MMO-Champ. Instead, some no-name website posted flat-out lies which was picked up and re-posted by Fox.
    Now lets be completely honest, if Fox said the sky was blue, there would be a thread here calling bullshit.

Calling WBC left- or right- wing is just moronic regardless of who's doing it. He's a registered Democrat, so I suppose calling him right wing could be argued to be dumber, but it's stupid regardless to associate them with either side.

I do find it funny that this is so outrageous when they get called right-wing all the time though, despite that the only common ground any right-winger would have with them is belief in God.

---------- Post added 2012-12-26 at 04:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post
    Fred Phelps may be a democrat, but fox forgets to mention Don Black, David Duke, and Timothy McVeigh are/were all republicans and are/were much worse.
    Yeah it would be much better if they would increase their lying so as to be consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    Calling WBC left- or right- wing is just moronic regardless of who's doing it.
    Liberal = leftwing. Conservative = rightwing. Regardless of a little D next to someone's name, look where they stand on the issues...

wayyyyyyyyyyy out on the conservative end way past the republicans and the teaparty nutjobs.

Also, its not unknown for organized groups to register in the opposing party so they can vote in their primaries. Either to find the candidate they agree with the most, or to find the candidate their side can defeat.

MSNBC = Left Wing News

FOX = Right Wing News

Both are not credible as they bag on the other political party.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Now lets be completely honest, if Fox said the sky was blue, there would be a thread here calling bullshit.
    Nope. It's the bullshit that fox is called out for, not the facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric View Post
    Nope. It's the bullshit that fox is called out for, not the facts.
    People will call bullshit on Fox for literally anything. After the recent election I linked an image from foxnews.com showing the polling results for each state as a percentage. A moment of searching turned up another graphic from CNN that had almost identical numbers, within fractions of a percentage. Regardless, multiple posters dismissed my argument outright because I had linked an image with a foxnews watermark on it.

You have a small group of posters here who can genuinely analyze and dissect Fox's bias for what it is, when it happens. Then you have the vastly larger group of pets which the first group accidentally trained to instinctively oppose any information information gathered from that source, and no amount of evidence to the contrary can sway them.

The easiest way to identify the latter group is by the use of the term "faux news" more than once in a single thread.

Westboro Baptist Church is a hate group, not a left-wing or right-wing group. I have never heard of any stance of theirs other than hate. If you think that hate is a far right behavior, you are wrong. Being right-wing has nothing to do with hate, no matter where you are on the spectrum. Neither does left-wing. People may exhibit hate from both sides.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I find it awesome that FOX News has to make up lies to protect their political aims.

WBC is a far-right wing extremist (hate) group.
    It is funny how liberals call all hate groups right-wing, then act shocked if the other side employees the same stupid strategy. People like you apparently do not know what the terms mean.

Extreme right-wing means small/no government, like libertarians, and even further still anarchists, are extreme right wing.

Extreme left-wing means lots of government control, like Nazis and communists.

Quote Originally Posted by Khoranth View Post
    It is funny how liberals call all hate groups right-wing, then act shocked if the other side employees the same stupid strategy. People like you apparently do not know what the terms mean.

Extreme right-wing means small/no government, like libertarians, and even further still anarchists, are extreme right wing.

Actually, extreme right wing means Fascism and government sanctioned and controlled caste system.

Far Left means that there is no caste system, but rather everyone is equal. Or else.

That's incorrect on so many levels. Libertarians are left of center, anarchists are far left libertarians. Lumping 'nazis' and communists in the same group is incorrect. Nazism is a form of fascism, a far right authoritarian concept. Communism is the left leaning equal of those authoritarian ideals.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    People will call bullshit on Fox for literally anything. After the recent election I linked an image from foxnews.com showing the polling results for each state as a percentage. A moment of searching turned up another graphic from CNN that had almost identical numbers, within fractions of a percentage. Regardless, multiple posters dismissed my argument outright because I had linked an image with a foxnews watermark on it.

You have a small group of posters here who can genuinely analyze and dissect Fox's bias for what it is, when it happens. Then you have the vastly larger group of pets which the first group accidentally trained to instinctively oppose any information information gathered from that source, and no amount of evidence to the contrary can sway them.

The easiest way to identify the latter group is by the use of the term "faux news" more than once in a single thread.
    It's really easy to dismiss anything Faux News reports and anything they post because just about everything they do report on is complete BS with a mild reference to reality. I reflexively dismiss anything they say because there was a time when I'd actually try to look into the facts and they'd be completely wrong, so it turned out to be a huge waste of time to even consider anything from them real or based in any kind of fact. Admittedly, from time to time they report real information, but even when they do they spin that information to hate on the left/democrats/liberals, so it ends up being a waste of time no matter what you do.

When you're lied to enough by someone, you don't keep trusting them, so why would you do it for a News station?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Actually, extreme right wing means Fascism and government sanctioned and controlled caste system.

Far Left means that there is no caste system, but rather everyone is equal. Or else.
    If that is the case then why are libertarians, the party of as little gov't as possible, considered much further right-wing than republicans?

Deleted

You're looking at it solely from an economic view. The Nazis certainly had left-wing elements but their social agenda could not be anything but far-right.

---------- Post added 2012-12-26 at 12:33 PM ----------

If that is the case then why are libertarians, the party of as little gov't as possible, considered much further right-wing than republicans?
    The more you know.... Social Libertarianism, Anarcho-Communism. The simple answer to my knowledge though is that entire "left", "right" political compass has been inadequate at describing political perspectives for some time. Many people now call themselves liberal whilst distinguishing themselves from actually being left-wing. There are simply positions now that take elements from both 'sides' and the sooner we take into account what people say about themselves and their perspective rather than wondering if it is left-wing or not the better.

You seem yourself to be viewing left and right in terms of authoritarianism vs. anarchism. Starting from fascism and communism sliding down to libertarianism and anarchism. It is not as simple as that. If it was then why are the left almost always associated with homosexual rights, minority rights, reproductive rights, end of life rights and drug legalisation?

Quote Originally Posted by Skavau View Post
    You're looking at it solely from an economic view. The Nazis certainly had left-wing elements but their social agenda could not be anything but far-right.
    So what I am getting from the last few posts is that left-wing means everyone is equal, and it is enforced by the gov't like communists. And right-wing would be a dictator type gov't where people just do whatever the gov't orders them too.

If that is the case, then the US media in general heavily misuses these two terms on a daily basis.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what I am getting from the last few posts is that left-wing means everyone is equal, and it is enforced by the gov't like communists. And right-wing would be a dictator type gov't where people just do whatever the gov't orders them too.

If that is the case, then the US media in general heavily misuses these two terms on a daily basis.
    On point one, at the extremes, more or less yes. And on point two, by Odin's beard, yes!
    Wiping is Fun! ™

10+ Year Old Account

I wouldn't say that's accurate. In fact, a dictatorship is rather contrary to conservative ideals. Conservatives want the government to stay out of their lives, while liberals tend to like it interwoven in to theirs.

To oversimplify, imagine you have a problem. A liberal would tell you to seek help from the government for your problem. A conservative would tell you to be self-reliant and solve your own problem.

Despite what just about everyone on earth will tell you, there is no right or wrong answer to the left or right question. It's simply preference. It's like asking "chocolate or vanilla". Objectively, there is no wrong answer. And there are a million combinations of chocolate and vanilla that taste great too. What doesn't work is when you can't commit to anything, which is what America struggles with every day.