Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Luckiest thing that has EVER happened to me

So today I logged on, and someone put a blingatron up in the Halfhill inn at the Sunsong Ranch, I flew over to the Blingatron, grabbed my package expecting more vendor trash or Landshark mines. I was in for a surprise, I saw that I had gotten a blue item when i opened it, and was shocked, then I noticed that it was a mount, the Depleted Kyparium rocket worth 100k on some servers. I can't help but think it is literally because it's christmas time, but I also feel like I need to go out and buy a lottery ticket with that kind of luck. Reason I am posting is I am curious to know if this has happened to anyone else, even with a different mount, thanks for all your input and reading my post.

Deleted
    RNG is RNG, sadly, the lottery computes with it.

And gz on the mount

i have never seen one before, wowhead shows noone getting one. do you have a screenshot? the drop chance is supposed to be waaaay low lol

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I did take a screenshot, somehow it got corrupted though and didn't go through, I do know the exact time was 2:15PST though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daybo View Post
    I did take a screenshot, somehow it got corrupted though and didn't go through, I do know the exact time was 2:15PST though.
    Only 2 posts are this, and screenshot got 'corrupted'? Yeah, everyone believes you.

I have a trillion dollar winning lottery ticket but it got torn and my dog ate it.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Deleted
    Well, in one day I got Onyxian Drake and Sea Turtle. Left Binding dropped 1st run, Raven Lord in 10 days, Swift White Hawkstrider 1st run, talk about RNG huh?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daybo View Post
    Take another screenshot.
    Man, I've got bags under my eyes... BAGS OF MONEY!
    See ya later, peasants.

Praise The Sun!

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Very nice, that is really lucky.

---------- Post added 2012-12-24 at 02:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nearmyth View Post
    Take another screenshot.
    My chat log already progressed long enough so that it expired, Believe it if you want to believe it, don't if you don't, but I am not lying about this. I do not have engineering on any character, nor do I even have the gold currently to be able to afford to make the mount.

It's confirmed, check wowhead. I was there!

People have said on Wowhead since 5.1 that they've gotten it. And Blizzard stated that they upped the stuff you can get from the little guy as well. Which is why we can probably only do it once a day on only one character. But it does drop, albeit it's very rare, next to impossible to get really.

Grats! I would suspect that it's probably ~1% like most other mount drops. Also I'm not sure why people are being so skeptical about this, how does he benefit by lying about something like this? Think.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    Grats! I would suspect that it's probably ~1% like most other mount drops. Also I'm not sure why people are being so skeptical about this, how does he benefit by lying about something like this? Think.
    Thanks! I think it's just a part of human nature to not believe something untill we see it, at any rate I'm not rattled by it, all that matters is that it's on Wowhead and currently in my bags!

Corrupted screenshot, lmfao.

My luckiest moment in wow is when I got 2 fireball crits in a row pre mist and got to do an instant pyroblast.
    Last edited by Zylph; 2012-12-26 at 03:43 AM.
    Here's my mage vs stuff youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJackstar123?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by Kirona View Post
    My luckiest moment in wow is when I got 2 fireball crits in a row pre mist and got to do an instant pyroblast.
    I'm surprised you didn't pull of the tank!
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    Had a real id friend and a guildie, both from same server too, get ashes of alar somewhere between christmas eve and day... but alas - must be a coincidence

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    wowheads database has 144886 opened packages as of now.

3 x Geosynchronous World Spinner = 0.002%
    1 x Depleted-Kyparium Rocket = 0.0001%

I think the sample size should be great enough to show real values.

Grats! I recently got the World Spinner rocket from Blingtron...I couldn't believe it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacebot View Post
    Had a real id friend and a guildie, both from same server too, get ashes of alar somewhere between christmas eve and day... but alas - must be a coincidence
    Ha already made a post about it. I got mine a late Christmas eve. Almost at 12:00pm exactly.
    "Let me answer your question with another, How would you feel if you found out you were a potato?"

Nintendo Friend Code 1049-0261-4082 Pokemon Name - Max