2h Frost DK Gemming

Hey guys, so I just plugged my pretty basic gear into ask mr robot and optimized it with their default settings and it's having me using no str gems of any kind. This is confusing to me because of the thread on elitistjerks for Frost and the gemming section contained within.

I haven't played since Cata and even then I wasn't playing a DK but it just feels wrong to not use a str gem of any kind... Thanks for any input!

Heres my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...anori/advanced
    Last edited by mmoce994820d54; 2012-12-24 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Added armory link.

I assume you're PvEing.

In your gear, you want to gem Strength in Reds, Str/Hit in Blues, and Str/Haste in Yellows.
    Your engineering gems in your trinket should be hit/haste/expertise.
    Enchant your 463 Blues and All your Epics, add a belt buckle.

At higher gear levels you can gem haste in yellows, but that's not until around 490ish.

Thanks for that info! Is the optimization just using higher level stat weights or is it just a stupid tool to use? What would you recommend as a reforge tool?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaloren View Post
    Thanks for that info! Is the optimization just using higher level stat weights or is it just a stupid tool to use? What would you recommend as a reforge tool?
    I'd recommend downloading Simcraft and running it through analyzing strength, haste, hit, expertise, mastery, and crit.

If 2 times the haste value is bigger than the strength value, it's a safe time to start gemming haste.

To reforge, I use an addon called Reforgelight. It allows me to input custom stat weights (taken from Simcraft for your specific character) and use those to reforge.