So perma ban or what?

I am sure most of you have heard about that new RBG exploit where people go from 0 rating to high warlord in a couple of hours. Entire teams in greens and crap gear but high warlord? couple of my friends used it asked me to come. Had to say no since im pretty sure its perma ban offense. I am not up the date on the ToS for WoW but is this perma or just like take away rating and slap on the wrist? I am thinking perma ban and it should be. This is Serious and people who work hard for High Warlord over time are seeing total noobs in greens getting it in one night! Crazy....just crazy.
    I don't age I level up...

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Perma ban? Unlikely; Suspension and the rating stripped? Why yes 99% likely

They will have their title, their rating and the gear they purchased with those points taken from them. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

I think something more harsh should be done. I mean these people KNOW its an exploit yet still use it. Its like breaking into a house and stealing stuff.. Yeah you an do it but you still get the same punishment as someone who broke into there friends house and stole the same stuff.
    I don't age I level up...

normally yes but they have to soften the blow for subs.

I've got many friends on my friend list who have been using exploits to get up to 2400 rating in RBGS. Especially alts are doing this for the higher cap, to get gear and such. It's been going on since end Cataclysm, and they haven't been banned.

The ones that are getting banned are probably the ones who brag about it or something like that. As long as you keep it underground, you can get away with it easily.

Probably wont get banned.

im not sure why people would want to cheese their way to high warlord or gladiator. sure you have a title to show off, but it's still meaningless.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    im not sure why people would want to cheese their way to high warlord or gladiator. sure you have a title to show off, but it's still meaningless.
    You just answered your own question; To show off literally.

Do people who use these cheats cheat so much in real life? I always hope my doctor didn't cheat in his examinations but tend to hope cheaters get dentists who cheat their way through their examinations so when they drill - well, karma would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    Do people who use these cheats cheat so much in real life? I always hope my doctor didn't cheat in his examinations but tend to hope cheaters get dentists who cheat their way through their examinations so when they drill - well, karma would be nice

Yes because med school exams and a video game are on the same playing field...

It has become pretty sad, the number of achievements that can be bought or cheesed. Anymore when I see something like Glad/Grand marshal/etc... I often find myself wondering how much they paid, rather than how long it took them to earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by jetersky View Post
    Yes because med school exams and a video game are on the same playing field...

It has become pretty sad, the number of achievements that can be bought or cheesed. Anymore when I see something like Glad/Grand marshal/etc... I often find myself wondering how much they paid, rather than how long it took them to earn it.
    Probably slightly off topic but I believe theres some correlation between how people act in game and irl. I'm not saying I go and murder dwarfs irl but I think if people are likely to cheat or do underhanded stuff in games then they are more likely to irl. I'll just drop that here as fodder for amateur head checkers and tv evangelists to crawl all over.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorillawar View Post
    I am sure most of you have heard about that new RBG exploit where people go from 0 rating to high warlord in a couple of hours. Entire teams in greens and crap gear but high warlord? couple of my friends used it asked me to come. Had to say no since im pretty sure its perma ban offense. I am not up the date on the ToS for WoW but is this perma or just like take away rating and slap on the wrist? I am thinking perma ban and it should be. This is Serious and people who work hard for High Warlord over time are seeing total noobs in greens getting it in one night! Crazy....just crazy.
    Is this the one where they auto-DC members from the opposite team?
    Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    I am a liberal, I vote democrat. That doesn't mean I agree with the ludicrously naive belief that a full-time job entitles one to the concept they should be able to entirely support themself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostop it View Post
    Cooking is a skill? In wow maybe.

Didn't the arena exploiters get banned for a bit and had all their stuff taken away? I'd say this would warrant a similar course of action from Blizzard.

I bet they'll just get a slap on the wrist. Blizzard is soft on cheaters.
    Last edited by Pendragon; 2012-12-25 at 01:47 PM.
    I <3 JK Rowling.

Banned? Why, did they cheat in archeology?

Deleted
    It's ironic that these people want the title to show off but in doing exploiting they've created a PvP community that now considers 90% of Glads/High Warlords to simply be boosted or exploited, thus making their title meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Probably slightly off topic but I believe theres some correlation between how people act in game and irl. I'm not saying I go and murder dwarfs irl but I think if people are likely to cheat or do underhanded stuff in games then they are more likely to irl. I'll just drop that here as fodder for amateur head checkers and tv evangelists to crawl all over.
    I definitely believe there is a correlation between how people act in game and irl. If you are a twat in game (constantly calling people noobs, having a shitty attitude etc.) chances are you are an unpleasant person somehow irl as well.
    Also cheating is a mindset. You cheat often in games? Chances are you will do so occasionally irl as well.
    Its easier to do it in games because its 1. Harder to get caught, 2. Repercussions are nowhere as severe as they would be irl if you get caught for it.
    Getting caught cheating in WoW = Slap on the wrist/24 hour ban.
    Getting caught cheating on a test/exam = You won't get your grade that semester (or expulsion in very strict schools).
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so