10+ Year Old Account

GTX 570 - dual monitor question

So I am picking up another monitor for Christmas and would like to get a few things clarified.

I heard the GTX 570, along with other fermi cards have issues with dual monitors with different resolutions, so here are some questions I have:

1. Does this only affect people who use different resolution monitors? I currently have a 1600x900 and was thinking of grabbing a 1080 monitor to use as my main and keep this as a second one. Or does it affect all dual monitor setups.

2. How big of a deal is the temperature increase? I know it will be well within operating range but I am still a little put off by having it run at a constantly higher temperature, especially since it gets quite hot here in summer months(Texas) and I can see a decent spike in my CPU and GPU temps as a result already.

3. I hear you can use a program(forget name) to force the GPU to downclock. Does this cause any problems? Will it affect gaming in anyway?

4. Anything else I should know?

Deleted
    I would like to know more about this also since i'm gonna get a 2nd screen soon to. Thought the card im using is an Gtx 260. But i'm really just wondering where to look out for problems that may occur

10+ Year Old Account
    i have a 570 with 2 monitors. both at 1920x1080. It works fine for what i do but it will be maxed out on some games (albiet maybe not at a lower res)

my temps never go about 65 but i have good case flow and a msi twin frozer 2 editions.

i use msi afterburner and ive never downclocked i think the biggest issue with the 570 is the vram tbh, seems a bit low for super high res high quality games.

10+ Year Old Account
    But that has nothing to do with the second monitor. Since the second monitor will not add (too much) extra stress on the VRAM capacity.

10+ Year Old Account
    So does using 2 monitors of the same resolution not force it to run in a high performance mode and jack up the temps? From what I looked into it seemed it happened with everyone running 2 different resolution monitors but I couldn't find anyone talking specifically about having that problem with 2 same resolution monitors.

Basically just trying to decide if I should grab another 1600x900 or go for the 1080p one and risk having problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    no. Only thing that "jacks up the temperatures" is the fact that you're running 3840x1080 in idle. So idle temps are a little higher due to the coreclock sometimes not clocking down, especially if you run an Aero theme. You can fix this with nvidia inspector.

Also, the vram usage can be 100-200MB higher depending if you run an Aero theme or not.