Leveling Battle Pets.

Basically I'm having a blast with this new feature and have a bit of an.. issue to say the least with leveling new pets or any pets in general.

Once a pet dies in battle it doesn't receive ANY exp after the battle is complete regardless of whether you end up winning. Why is that? It is rather frustrating as I more often then not lose 1 or 2 pets during a pet battle (against other players) and they receive no exp while the pet that actually survived receives an absolute boat load of exp. It doesn't really make sense to me as without those pets I would not have been able to win in the end; why now give them exp even just a little bit?

What are your thoughts on this?

My 2 immediate thoughts are:

1) True of levelling your own char, if you die in an instance, you don't get XP for the mob kills etc
    2) True of the pokemon games, if any pokemon that took part in the fight dies, they don't get xp and it accumulates on the survivors that took part.

What I would like to see most is a free pet swap after you knock-out an opponents pet. Pokemon does this and I find it very frustrating in wow to not have a chance at responding to my opponents choice of second or third pet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Normally I would just dismiss this thread mentally and move on, but you kind of have a point in regards to PvP Pet Battling at least.

In the Wild or on Tamers, it is quite easy to manipulate the fight so that the pet you want to get EXP gets EXP, but against an actual player, it is nearly impossible to win AND still be able to keep the pet you want alive. You have to focus on winning a lot more in PvP Battles.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Normally I would just dismiss this thread mentally and move on, but you kind of have a point in regards to PvP Pet Battling at least.

In the Wild or on Tamers, it is quite easy to manipulate the fight so that the pet you want to get EXP gets EXP, but against an actual player, it is nearly impossible to win AND still be able to keep the pet you want alive. You have to focus on winning a lot more in PvP Battles.
    than don't PvP to level your pets up. the best way to go from 1-25 with all the pets you want is to grind one pet to level 25 than keep using lvl 23-25 wild pet battles to grind your other pets. use your low level for one turn (pray it will survive), than switch to the level 25 one and kick the wilds' posteriors.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.