Thread: Disc/Ret in 2's

Deleted

Disc/Ret in 2's

First of all Happy Christmas everyone.

Secondly, I'll be going to a friends house in a few days and we are going to be spending a lot of time doing Arena. These are the classes we've played for years and we are most comfortable with. I know neither is in a great place at the moment but that's part of the fun. We are aiming for a very manageable 1600 rating. Due to our server being completely dead and most guilds having left the server we are both planning on moving server for PvP purposes but all the guilds we've found require 1600 rating. I was just wondering if anyone has any tips for this comp and what team should we be most wary of along the way. Any help is greatly appreciated

Deleted
    Disc rerolls shadow, Ret rerolls holy. 1,6k rating wont be a problem. Alternatively the ret rolls holy and the disc rerolls warrior, then you'll get an easy 2k this season. Looking at next season you might want to switch the warri for a feral by then.

In all honesty, 1,6k isn't much of an problem and is manageable with most comps. Just look for a realm pool with inflated arena ratings.

Deleted
    Well rerolling is completely out of the question. Were not looking for an easy way out just a bit of help on our current way. We are not aiming for an easy 2k just 1.6k to get into some decent pvp guilds on another server.

Thanks for the input though.

you may want to think about doing 3s as not many good guilds or even half decent ones will accept memebers with only a 1600 rating in 2s, maybe from 3s but not from 2s as its so unbalanced. just a thought.

Deleted
    Honestly my server is so dead that I had to convince my friend to go for rating, people only want to do arena for cap. But a few of the guilds we've looked at have said 1600 in 2's was fine.

Deleted
    Thing is, you'll eventually run into Warrior + Healer combos 90-95% of time. And if you can't survive for long enough to score an kill, you'll fall in ratings fairly fast once that happens. So you either need absurd burst or some longevity. A disc priest + a retribution paladin wont provide that. A Warri + Paladin combination will drop one of you in no time.

Priest respec shadow and it's managable. Well it's managable anyway if ret knows how to apply burst, especially since at such a low raiting variety of teams is much higher then later on you should be runing into double dps quite often and you have all chances to burst someone down before they burn through PS, BoS and BoP on your priest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    Priest respec shadow and it's managable. Well it's managable anyway if ret knows how to apply burst, especially since at such a low raiting variety of teams is much higher then later on you should be runing into double dps quite often and you have all chances to burst someone down before they burn through PS, BoS and BoP on your priest.
    Which wont take them long.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Which wont take them long.
    Ret burst is nothing to sneeze on either and against double dps priest living to 2d fear will probably end the game in his favour. Not saying setup is strong (it obviously isn't), but 1600 is pfft too.

Sadly, warrior healer is dominant in 2s, so when you get up there it will be all you face.
    1600 should be easy to hit however.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    Ret burst is nothing to sneeze on either and against double dps priest living to 2d fear will probably end the game in his favour. Not saying setup is strong (it obviously isn't), but 1600 is pfft too.
    I can survive a ret far better then I can survive a warrior. A ret can only kick me once. Also double dps gets more and more rare as higher you get but 1,6k should be doable.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    Sadly, warrior healer is dominant in 2s, so when you get up there it will be all you face.
    1600 should be easy to hit however.
    I'm currently around 1,9k and 9/10 games we're facing warrior + healer combos. Mostly rdruids and palas and occasional an shaman. Hardly any discipline priests though.

Have your ret blow every CD in the game and hope to kill something. if you don't kill it, wait 5 minutes for Guardian, and try again.

If you start dying, have your ret Hand of Sac you or WoG you or Hand of Freedom you, you'll wind up alive.

If the aim is 1600, then a decently geared Ret (3-4 pieces of malev gear, no conquest weapon even) and a shadow priest will do *more* than fine. It's breaking the 1800 that Rets start to falter compared to other melee.

1. Rets and healers generally don't synergize that well in twos. This is cos Ret, outside of 20 second burst windows, does no sustained. Unlike Ferals/Warrs.
    In fact, you'll find Spriest and Ret can keep each other up generally well.

2. Your general tactic (again, this works up to 1600ish) is to get your spriest to fear/horror away the stronger enemy, and burst every thing you got on the weaker one.

3. Against melee teams, you should still be ok by BOPing your spriest, and playing agressive. Most melee teams worry about Spriests freecasting and will tend to train the spriest rather than the Ret.

4. If they train you, your Spriest should void shift to protect you, disperse and you heal spriest as much as possible. Generally works well.

5. In Z-axis arenas, smart use of lifegrip will help you alot. (Priest lifegrips you to higher level after getting melee teams to follow you down)