Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[TV] Why is glee so popular?

I was watching glee. I have seen every episode actually. I think of it like the last season of heros... i'm watching it, not because it is good, it's actually annoying , but just to watch it.

Something just seem so stupid.

A girl who wears all her normal clothes which are fitting can't fit into this ONE dress for a show because this other girl keeps making it smaller. Now mind you she keeps going to school in all her normal clothes which still fit her but because this one thing doesn't fit her she decides to start puking because she's becoming fat, mind you she hasn't bought new clothes and is wearing the same clothes which fit her! Where is the logic! The writer is just so terrible and it's just one giant cliche.

What's more is that this character is listening to someone who doesn't like her! Like what the hell.

I've been asking myself the same question. I legitimately liked the first season but after that I was mostly just watching it to watch it. And I wanted to see how it ended. The show really shouldn't have gone on this long.

Not to mention the fact in the current season rachel flew back on a whim to break up with finn, nevermind the fact they are poor and live in a run down apartment in a drug invested part of brooklyn, but for some reason can just BAM fly across country spontaneously without raising any alarms. Then do it again... and then why was everyone not in school for a few episodes during grease they are in college!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've only ever seen one episode, and I'm happy that I restricted myself beyond that point.

hot chicks?

The one thing I know about Glee is that I like their version of Gives You Hell better. Seems like a good reason to me

Probably good idea that I've never actually watched it.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    The one thing I know about Glee is that I like their version of Gives You Hell better. Seems like a good reason to me

Probably good idea that I've never actually watched it.
    I do like some of their renditions, but when it comes to critiquing the shows and the content and the flow. I don't get why that part gets praise.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I do like some of their renditions, but when it comes to critiquing the shows and the content and the flow. I don't get why that part gets praise.
    Spillover from liking the music maybe?

Deleted
    I'm not exactly into musicals...

So, it's only obvious that Glee isn't really my thing.

I've watched a few episodes, not the full thing, but from what I can recall, it was kinda meh, I kinda didn't see much purpose to it other than just waiting for the next song... And that's pretty dull, and then there's that song you hate, and bla bla bla.

It's not that the show is crap, because it isn't, it's just not really my thing.

I don't know if people QQ or shove this up someone's ass, but here on Portugal, very few people even talk about Glee, it's not popular here atleast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saem reason Jersey Shore was popular, sometimes intelligent people like watching stupid people to have a visual representation into the minds of the less evolved.

It's like anthropology really, I mean how often to you get to study neanderthals in person? *trollface*
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stupid people ruining good music, that's all it is. I'd rather gouge my ears out with a rusty knife then listen to them bastardize great music by people actually had talent by turning stuff like The Beatles into garbage ass pop music.

10+ Year Old Account
    The one good thing about glee is that it is on a transmission device that can be easily switched off or over with the touch of a button.

I legitly liked the first season, all th other ones have been crap in every way (even the covers)

It's also losing its popularity it's been dropping in rating ever since its the beginning of the second half of the second season

10+ Year Old Account
    what is glee? must be usa thing cause here i havnt even heard about it , yet watched a single episode

For the same reason Justin Bieber is and in the past groups like the Backstreet Boys and NSYNC were. People are retarded and have no taste.

I watched season 1 and 2, or part of season 2, only reason I watched it for so long is cause I liked that cheerleader trainer's role, sue something.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I was watching glee. I have seen every episode actually. I think of it like the last season of heros... i'm watching it, not because it is good, it's actually annoying , but just to watch it.

Something just seem so stupid.

A girl who wears all her normal clothes which are fitting can't fit into this ONE dress for a show because this other girl keeps making it smaller. Now mind you she keeps going to school in all her normal clothes which still fit her but because this one thing doesn't fit her she decides to start puking because she's becoming fat, mind you she hasn't bought new clothes and is wearing the same clothes which fit her! Where is the logic! The writer is just so terrible and it's just one giant cliche.

What's more is that this character is listening to someone who doesn't like her! Like what the hell.
    Maybe as she gained weight the clothes stretched a bit to fit her new figure. If the new dress was sewn in the size the clothes were originally theres a good chance it wouldn't fit....

oh yea and it's a show tv

I don't watch the show but from what I have heard people like the singing and Jane Lynch has some good one-liners. I have heard it's gotten off the rails a bit though but it's doing "okay" ratings wise so don't expect it to be cancelled anytime soon.