Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    1. Grave of the Fireflies
    2. Wall-E
    3. Memories
    4. UP
    5. Spirited Away
    6. Incredibles

What's that film where the main character is a viking from a clan who fights dragons and he ends up befriending one and training it? Cannot think, nor find the name of it, I'd have to add that to my list as well, quite enjoyed watching it I must admit, even though at first I did not think I would like it, also Brave was a surprise to me did not expect it to be good either but I did enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    What's that film where the main character is a viking from a clan who fights dragons and he ends up befriending one and training it? Cannot think, nor find the name of it, I'd have to add that to my list as well, quite enjoyed watching it I must admit, even though at first I did not think I would like it, also Brave was a surprise to me did not expect it to be good either but I did enjoy it.
    How to Train Your Dragon

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    1. Grave of the Fireflies
    THANK YOU!

I was thinking no one would mention it.

1. Spirited Away
    2. How to Train Your Dragon
    3. Grave of the Fireflies
    4. Wall-E
    5. Lion King
    6. Toy Story
    7. Who Framed Roger Rabbit
    8. Dumbo
    9. Akira
    10. A bunch of honorable mentions: The Triplets of Belville, UP, Nausicca (really, everything Studio Ghibli has done is very cool), Waltz with Bashir, Fantasia. Too hard to make a list of ten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnevis View Post
    THANK YOU!

I was thinking no one would mention it.
    I have yet to see it... I have a feeling that it will be heartbreaking for me when I do, and I generally avoid things like that. Same reason why I can't bring myself to watch the final episode of Angel Beats, or start up Shakugan no Shana again even though its one of my favorite animes.

Deleted
    Beauty and the Beast - No-one says no to Gaston!
    Ghost in the Shell
    Akira
    Up
    Spirited Away
    Fantasia
    Twelve Tasks of Asterix (Mainly for the place that sends people mad)
    Ehh struggling now. I wish I could recall a few more :/

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    No particular order but split

Eastern (Japanese)
    Howl's Moving Castle
    Nausica and the Valley of the Wind
    My Neighbor Totoro
    Princess Mononoke
    Summer Wars

Western (English)

Lion King
    Mulan (first one)
    Princess and the Frog
    Monster's Inc
    How to Train your Dragon

Ghibli and Disney are both amazing for many of the same reasons. Live action movies are fine and well, but if I want to watch a movie it's to see a world removed from the reality I've come to expect.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

1) Aladdin

Do the rest even matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    I have yet to see it... I have a feeling that it will be heartbreaking for me when I do, and I generally avoid things like that.
    If you're going to then don't watch the english dub. The voice acting is terrible and turns all the emotional, tragic scenes into a B comedy movie. Not sure what it's like subbed, but Skelington kind of already ruined his experience so it's too late to try.

10+ Year Old Account
    Incredibles
    Totoro
    Perfect Blue
    Nightmare Before Christmas
    Transformers the Movie!
    Castle of Cagliostro
    Pinocchio
    Laputa
    Little Mermaid

hmm I need one more, somebody mentioned Who Framed Roger Rabbit, that sort of counts. I also have avoided watching Grave of the Fireflies, I think I'm better off no matter how good it is

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I also have avoided watching Grave of the Fireflies, I think I'm better off no matter how good it is
    You have to watch Grave of the Fireflies. It is one of those Anime that if you were only going to watch one this should be the one. Hell the only reason Roger Ebert respects the Anime genre at all is BECAUSE of Grave of the Fireflies.

10+ Year Old Account
    My personal Top 10:

1. Hayao Miyazaki's work. (If I didn't just list his oeuvre as one entry, the whole list would be trying to rank his films.)

2. Akira
    3. Ghost in the Shell (the whole franchise is brilliant)
    4. Castle of Cagliostro (Miyazaki does Lupin III!)
    5. Fantasia (narrowly beating out Fantasia 2000)
    6. Up
    7. A Scanner Darkly
    8. Bonjour Galaxy Express 999
    9. Heavy Metal (Yes it's cheezy, and sexist, and dated. But it's still a classic.)
    10. (tie) Wallace and Grommit: A Close Shave and, The Twelve Tasks of Asterix

When I was younger, I dug Robin Hood, The Great Mouse Detective, Lion King, and Beauty and the Beast, though these days I'm not apt to watch any of them, they just don't interest me as much as they did when I was younger.

I do own these though, and will still watch them:

Princess Mononoke
    Vampire Hunter D:Bloodlust
    Ninja Scroll
    The Iron Giant
    Final Fantasy:Spirits Within
    Transformers:The Movie(Hell, I'll say straight up that it's better written and a lot more "mature" than the Bay live action Transformers movies. Hell, even the acting is better, I'd find animated characters voiced by people like Orson Welles and Leonard Nimoy give better performances than Shia LeDouche and Megan Fox)

took until 2nd page for Iron giant?

no order:
    Iron Giant
    Princess Mononoke
    Transformers the movie
    The Last Unicorn
    Evangelion movie series
    Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann movie series
    Flight of Dragons
    Toy Story
    Nightmare Before Christmas

random:

1. Shrek
    2. Monsters Vs Aliens
    3. Finding Nemo
    4. Toy story 1,2 and 3
    5. Hercules
    6. Monsters inc
    7. Incredibles
    8. Spongebob Squarepants The Movie
    9. Up
    10. Wall-E

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    10. (tie) Wallace and Grommit: A Close Shave and, The Twelve Tasks of Asterix
    Ah, I knew I was forgetting the Wallace and Gromit films! Close shave was also my favourite.