Too cold or not too cold.

Hello everyone,

I recently built an AMD computer. My problem is the temp. I purchased the AMD stock fan that was rated for the CPU it dreadfully overheated. I solved the over heating issue by installing a Mugen Scythe push pull system back in August. Now she humms at 28C degrees without load during the hot season. Its really cold where I am and it gets to be about 28F degrees ambient and I generally do not like to turn on a heater in the house and it tends to about 40 to 60 inside. One day after the computer had been on for 10 days straight and I randomly use AMD over drive to monitor its temp and shocked to see it at 13.6C and I was worried that it may be to cold for it. GPU was running at 22C again no load. I warmed everything up by running a few games but I guess its just cold in the house and dropped back down again. Can this damage the machine? If left to be that cold?

AMD x6 3.2ghz
    16 gigs of ram
    2 TB hdd
    Blueray Multi DVD rom
    GTX 550 TI 2gb
    Two monitors plugged in recently one being 32" and 24"

Thanks for your time.

Although I don't know the answer, this might help you out a lot:

http://www.pcmech.com/article/how-co...uter-hardware/

Good read thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish my computer being too cold was a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    I wish my computer being too cold was a problem.
    Too true, everyone wants cooler temps :P
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinho View Post
    Too true, everyone wants cooler temps :P
    Holy shit I laughed at your location for way too long. Made me think of Antoine dodson.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good stuff right? :P Ironically I'm actually located IN a basement in Canada :P
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."

Well this post answered my question. My CPU runs around 15c while idle and 30c under load. MoBo runs around 45c and my SSD and hard drives range from 28-32c. I'm only using the stock case fans and a Cooler Master Hyper TX3. Was just wondering if this was running to cold or just right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering nitrogen systems cool them down to well below freezing, I imagine it's not an issue.

While I suppose there may be something as 'too cold', perhaps where ambient moisture starts freezing near the parts... It is literally impossible for an air, or even water cooled system to get 'too cold'. I suppose, if the computer were literally sitting in the snow, or has been sitting in an abandoned house in the snow where ambient air temperature is below 0, then you might have problems too. But you're far from that. So, yeah. You're good.

You should be happy you're getting such low temps. Unless you live in Antarctica there's no reason to worry about "too low" temps.
    Playing since 2007.