View Poll Results: Do you like cuddling?

Voters
1112. This poll is closed
  • Yes. (I'm a man)

886 79.68%
  • Yes. (I'm a woman)

112 10.07%
  • No. (I'm a man)

91 8.18%
  • No. (I'm a woman)

23 2.07%
Page 12 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    But yeah, I haven't watched many Japanese cartoons in the past six or seven years, but I seem to remember loli being uncomfortably common. I don't know how to interpret that, though.
    Lolicon is a trope they like to play for laughs a lot. But they never actually do anything to the lolis though, unlike other romanticised abuse plots (pet peeve: 50 Shade of Grey) so I don't find it as disturbing as it could be. Maybe Japan's more tolerant of the "has attraction but does no harm" types? I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    From my understanding, a weaboo is just a white girl who is very much in to all things Japanese. But now I feel as if that definition might not be correct from the sexual context lol
    Correct, except it doesn't only apply to females.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovechile View Post
    I'm a cuddler. However, my husband, is all about the cuddles. He wants to more than I want to, and I'm all about "okay, we cuddled for 10 mins, let's bone.
    If there was a like button I would be all over it /like

[18:23:11] [Nifredil] confesses: I once punched a gnome. No reason. I was just having a bad day.

Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    From my understanding, a weaboo is just a white girl who is very much in to all things Japanese. But now I feel as if that definition might not be correct from the sexual context lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Yeah that's basically what I get out of weaboo too. But, most of ze weaboos I come across are rather sexually-inclined so usually when weaboo-sounding terms are tossed around I just assume it's something I'll find either sexual or odd.
    I think the term is just used to describe someone (nearly always white) who is really into Japan, not just their cartoons but, like... everything Japanese.
    They're (white) people who want to be (or acts as though they are) Japanese. Sort of like a reverse banana, except bananas aren't trying too hard.

I think the Japanese call those kinds of people otaku, but I'm not sure.
    Otaku really just means someone who's deeply into any one of the Japanese subculture.

10+ Year Old Account
    What the bork is a banana is this context?
    A somewhat yellowish-white and soft fruit with a thick, yellow outer skin, and which is very high in potassium.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

What the bork is a banana is this context?
    Asians who are actually exactly like whites. So white on the inside, but yellow on the outside.

That may or may not have sounded more racist than I intended >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Lolicon is a trope they like to play for laughs a lot. But they never actually do anything to the lolis though, unlike other romanticised abuse plots (pet peeve: 50 Shade of Grey) so I don't find it as disturbing as it could be. Maybe Japan's more tolerant of the "has attraction but does no harm" types? I don't know.
    So Japanese culture would be more accepting of people like C.S. Lewis?
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    I like cuddling, but I can't control my body, so unless I'm the little spoon, things usually escalate quickly.
    This goes for me too, most of the time I cant control what pops up so if she feels it and wants to start something, its on! But yes i do enjoy cuddling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Asians who are actually exactly like whites. So white on the inside, but yellow on the outside.

That may or may not have sounded more racist than I intended >_>
    No, it'd only be racist if you started talking about the color changes that take place as the banana begins to rot.

So Japanese culture would be more accepting of people like C.S. Lewis?
    Wait what? He's a pedo? /mindblown

That... kind of sounds like a term that could be derogatory.
    Never heard that one used before.
    I actually usually hear that from Asians. And they do use it derogatorily against fellow Asians (usually of the next generation) who aren't as Asiany as the elders like, so I guess, yeah... >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait what? He's a pedo? /mindblown
    I'm not sure, really. I know I was reading a brief biography on the guy in Through the Looking Glass and it mentioned that he was like infatuated with young girls. It didn't really specify if it was sexual or not, just that he tended to really enjoy talking to and spending time with young girls. I think it mentioned that Alice may have been based off of one of those girls.

---------- Post added 2012-12-26 at 04:59 AM ----------

I actually usually hear that from Asians. And they do use it derogatorily against fellow Asians (usually of the next generation) who aren't as Asiany as the elders like, so I guess, yeah... >_>
    Kind of amusing, I guess, since wouldn't interracial relationships produce the most genetically-viable offspring?

10+ Year Old Account
    I love to cuddle (especially ;D) males & females. I love cuddling!

I'm not sure, really. I know I was reading a brief biography on the guy in Through the Looking Glass and it mentioned that he was like infatuated with young girls. It didn't really specify if it was sexual or not, just that he tended to really enjoy talking to and spending time with young girls. I think it mentioned that Alice may have been based off of one of those girls.
    I don't think I can ever look at his work in the same light ever again. Thanks for ruining Narnia

Kind of amusing, I guess, since wouldn't interracial relationships produce the most genetically-viable offspring?
    Oh, they don't mean interracial (though older Asians are often pretty racist too). It's a reference to how some next generation Asians lost touch with their cultural heritage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I can ever look at his work in the same light ever again. Thanks for ruining Narnia
    Well, Narnia was ruined for me when I was told that Aslan or whatever his name is was pretty much just a Jesus analogue.

Oh, and apparently I'm really dumb because Lewis Carroll was the guy that wrote the Alice in Wonderland books, and he was the guy that was maybe a little bit too friendly with little girls.

Oh, they don't mean interracial (though older Asians are often pretty racist too). It's a reference to how some next generation Asians lost touch with their cultural heritage.
    I guess that's kind of sad. I'm just your average white mongrel so I don't really have much heritage to work off of, but you see that kind of thing with Native-Americans here... the old ways are really starting to die out because the youngsters never really bother to learn their traditional languages and customs and stuff.

---------- Post added 2012-12-26 at 05:09 AM ----------

Alice? Sure you're not thinking of Lewis Carroll now?
    Yeah, beat me to it. Whatever. He's a Lewis, it's close enough.

You betcha I cuddle! I <3 cuddling! CUDDLE ME!!!
    But I like sex a lot too, sooooo, yeah. 2+2.
    Dumbledore dies.

Well, Narnia was ruined for me when I was told that Aslan or whatever his name is was pretty much just a Jesus analogue.
    What, the sacrificial death and resurrection was too subtle for you?

Oh, and apparently I'm really dumb because Lewis Carroll was the guy that wrote the Alice in Wonderland books, and he was the guy that was maybe a little bit too friendly with little girls.
    Oh, yeah, I heard about that. Apparently he went around taking nude photos of little girls? Even if he didn't go any further that alone seems very seedy to be honest.
    Last edited by semaphore; 2012-12-26 at 11:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What, the death and resurrection was too subtle for you?
    Hey, I never claimed to be very intelligent!

Oh, yeah, I heard about that. Apparently he went around taking nude photos of little girls? Seems very seedy to be honest.
    Yeah, but the implication was that it was more of a "beauty of the young body," thing and not really sexual in nature. At least, that's what I've read.

"Pretty much a jesus analogue"?

C.S. Lewis is a pretty hardcore christian and the narnia books were written literally to help indoctrinate children into christianity. There are a metric ton of parralels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being white does not mean you don't have heritage. I'm Swedish, and I'm pretty sure we've got some sort of heritage!
    I'm an American, dear. Virtually all of us are mongrels. Most of us can't easily trace our lines back to where we were before our ancestors skipped across the pond