Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Try and get the money, and make payments if you can. Don't listen if they say they don't take money, go down there with money in hand and demand they take it. It's dumb business to say "nah" rent a center also has a rent to own program, so I don't understand why they wouldn't want their money. Make them take it, very few businesses would refuse it.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Try and get the money, and make payments if you can. Don't listen if they say they don't take money, go down there with money in hand and demand they take it. It's dumb business to say "nah" rent a center also has a rent to own program, so I don't understand why they wouldn't want their money. Make them take it, very few businesses would refuse it.
    It's actually pretty retarded of them to say they don't take money. If they refuse to take money you are offering, then you can take them to court and have your debt dismissed because that's what it means for something to be legal tender.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    It's actually pretty retarded of them to say they don't take money. If they refuse to take money you are offering, then you can take them to court and have your debt dismissed because that's what it means for something to be legal tender.
    Considering the OP has been outed as a liar, I think we can dismiss everything he has told us. The whole story is no doubt bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would someone broke be renting 2 TVs? Why would someone who cannot afford to buy one TV, rent two TVs worth 3k? I just got a 50 inch 3D Panasonic and it was under 1300 in BestBuy. I don't get it...

I do have this bridge for sale if you are interested...

---------- Post added 2012-12-27 at 12:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Oh man... A dude arguing with a sales person at Rent-a-center, that the amount he sold the TVs he was renting, was less than the amount Rent-a-center demands... Would be a funny little moment... I think it might even be a bit from 'The Young Ones'...

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post

Oh man... A dude arguing with a sales person at Rent-a-center, that the amount he sold the TVs he was renting, was less than the amount Rent-a-center demands... Would be a funny little moment... I think it might even be a bit from 'The Young Ones'...
    Rent-A-Center refusing to accept money as payment rather than the TVs is a mistake on their part as it leaves them open to having the debt dismissed. As for what he did with the TVs, that doesn't matter to them because they don't know what he did with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meth is a hell of a drug
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

You did something wrong and stupid, you need to live up to your actions and take any punishment that comes your way.

I'm also curious, how desperate were you for 2 TV's to have to rent them and end up (usually) paying way more than they're actually worth? Those rent-bullshit places are always a monstrous rip-off. Wouldn't 1 $500 TV be enough? I dunno what it's like for you but down here a $1500 TV would be 55"+ LED. Why do you need 2 of something like that?

Im not lying about any of this

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficia View Post
    You did something wrong and stupid, you need to live up to your actions and take any punishment that comes your way.

I'm also curious, how desperate were you for 2 TV's to have to rent them and end up (usually) paying way more than they're actually worth? Those rent-bullshit places are always a monstrous rip-off. Wouldn't 1 $500 TV be enough? I dunno what it's like for you but down here a $1500 TV would be 55"+ LED. Why do you need 2 of something like that?

Im not lying about any of this, i was just trying to not post to many details until i actually confessed to Corporate, once i told them then i came on here and told the truth, i dont care, i have Nothing to prove to you guys.. But its all true, my wife was in critical care in September with a breathing machine, my mom died of cancer on 6-26-12 of lung cancer. She died 3 days after being diagnosed. I had a huge breakdown!! i have medical records as proof. Im not looking for sympathy, i was trying to see where i stand because i may have fucked up mine and my wife's life by making poor decisions. Now i got no merchandise to return or any money to give them because i got laid off early November. Yes life fucking sucks and im waiting for to all come crashing down. I dont do drugs, nor do i even drink. My addiction is wow and wow only! Im not a bad person, i just make bad choices. Some day everyone will be in a similar situation and i hope your not treated like you guys treat people.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty823j View Post
    Ok so i know i will get flammed for my stupidity, but i rented 2 tv's both retail worth 1200$ back in June and Smashed them out of rage after my mom pased away and my wife was in Critical care.. i had all intentions on paying them and i did up until i lost my job in December and avoided them. So i dont have the items to return to them and they now wont accept any form of payment and only want the tv's. They are threatening me with criminal charged and getting arrested and it being a Felony... This just ruined my xmas and now im worried ALOT. im wondering if i can go to jail, or what can i do to fix this mess....ugghhh
    What would be the grounds for a criminal charge in this case?

Im not lying about any of this, i was just trying to not post to many details until i actually confessed to Corporate, once i told them then i came on here and told the truth, i dont care, i have Nothing to prove to you guys.. But its all true, my wife was in critical care in September with a breathing machine, my mom died of cancer on 6-26-12 of lung cancer. She died 3 days after being diagnosed. I had a huge breakdown!! i have medical records as proof. Im not looking for sympathy, i was trying to see where i stand because i may have fucked up mine and my wife's life by making poor decisions. Now i got no merchandise to return or any money to give them because i got laid off early November. Yes life fucking sucks and im waiting for to all come crashing down. I dont do drugs, nor do i even drink. My addiction is wow and wow only! Im not a bad person, i just make bad choices. Some day everyone will be in a similar situation and i hope your not treated like you guys treat people.
    Good luck with everything, its just a little debt, don't get too down about it. Half the people posting here are 14 or fake, take care of yourself and yours, figure out what you can do to clean up this mess, and do it. Ask someone in your life, someone with life experience who cares or is invested in you or your families life. Do not let people here get you down, and good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    What would be the grounds for a criminal charge in this case?
    It's theft. He might be looking at 2 counts of Theft (F5). The merchandise is owned by the company until it is paid in full by the consumer. Replace tv's with a rental car. Do think renting a car and selling it would be a violation of criminal law? Of course. That's an extreme example and the rental agreements are vastly different, but you get the idea. The potential felony theft charge has to do with the value of the property. States vary in the cutoff between misdemeanors and felonies (these amounts have changed recently for some states, as well). The value OP stated would be at the felony level in most jurisdictions.

Source: I work in law enforcement and have seen these cases (not specifically with Rent-A-Center).

To OP: Try to work it out with RAC if at all possible. You don't need an attorney at this point (they'll gladly take your money that would be better spent paying off this debt). I don't see how RAC could deny payments from you. That whole industry is extremely predatory. Don't put up with their threats and bullshit. Keep calling or going to the store until you find the right person to deal with. Make payments no matter what. If a criminal case does happen you'll look much better to the Court if you've made a good faith effort to resolve the debt before criminal proceedings.

Deleted
    We all suffer loss, still no need to steal/smash other peoples stuff then lie about it online.