Thread: PVP Help!

Deleted

PVP Help!

Hello all,

So i finaly dinged 90 with my Rogue after being away from the game for some time (3 years).
    Im currently working on my pvp gear and I got my hands on 2x Miniature Winter Veil Tree.
    The plan is to start play 2v2 with my Ret Pala friend (good geared) and i kinda need youre guys help on this.

1. Spec: I use to play "mutilate spec" back in the days but now i see alot of ppl playing Sub for pvp, wich would be ideal for our setup?

2. Talents: kinda lost here.

3. Poisons?!

Thats all i could think of now, i will prob get back to you with more questions later

thx alot

All specs are viable for pvp, I've tried both sub and adds, but never combat, as I don't like it. I must say I prefer sub. It is said that assa is stronger against melee. I personally feel sub has a much faster energy regen, espesially with haste reforges and SnD running, so it feels faster to play. If you can lock down a target with on-use pvp trinket, vendetta and shadow blades, you'll hit hard. Very hard. Speccing... Depends on the group you're up against. Then again, you can control better with sub, like kidney Shot two targets through subterfuge or shadow dance. It's up to you, try out different specs. Oh, final piece of advice: I'm not an arena player, so don't fully rely on the things I'm saying In fact I've only done one arena game in mop, me and disc vs double rogue, and we won. Surprised the shit out of me, haha

Deleted
    I run subletly (and still don't know how to write this damn word) and these talents:
    Tier 1: Shadow Focus (for a free opener, saves alot of energy for actual damage)
    Tier 2: Combat Readiness (Very nice against warriorteams, but they basically destroy you through because warrior op) Nerve Strike is also a good option. Personal Preference here.
    Tier 3: Cheat Death or Elusiveness if you can keep it up. I tend to forget Feint so i run Cheat Death, because you can just vanish when it procs and recup up.
    Tier 4: I personally run shadow step because of rogues current (rather bad) mobility. You have to play alot more cautiosly though because you can only vanish once (YOVO) But i see alot of people play Preparation in Arena anyways, mostly in 3s.
    Tier 5: Paralytic Poison is really nice for that random stun. Just get an indicator like WeakAuras to show you how many stacks the target has, so you don't accidently kidney into your paralytic. Happens to me alot.
    Tier 6: Shuriken Toss hands down. The ranged damage is just too good to finish of a target or for quick Combo Points.

Poisons i use depend on the enemy comp. Paralytic/Wound for melee teams. If theres a healer or casters i switch to mind numbing.

With 5.2 we get Preparation as a baseline spell which makes our (currently shitty) survivability alot better. But we'll have to wait what talents actual get on live in 5.2. PTR is still confusing about the talents.

Almost forgot glyphs:
    Major: Blind, Cheap Shot and Garrote are pretty much mandatory, against melee teams you can switch Garrote to Cloak of Shadows or Feint(with Elusiveness)
    Minor: Blurred Speed, Poisons and Safe Fall. I use these because i do BGs and faster poison switching is always nice.
    Last edited by mmoc64d2313849; 2013-01-10 at 10:42 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haxx0rcist View Post
    I run subletly (and still don't know how to write this damn word) and these talents:
    Tier 1: Shadow Focus (for a free opener, saves alot of energy for actual damage)
    Tier 2: Combat Readiness (Very nice against warriorteams, but they basically destroy you through because warrior op) Nerve Strike is also a good option. Personal Preference here.
    Tier 3: Cheat Death or Elusiveness if you can keep it up. I tend to forget Feint so i run Cheat Death, because you can just vanish when it procs and recup up.
    Tier 4: I personally run shadow step because of rogues current (rather bad) mobility. You have to play alot more cautiosly though because you can only vanish once (YOVO) But i see alot of people play Preparation in Arena anyways, mostly in 3s.
    Tier 5: Paralytic Poison is really nice for that random stun. Just get an indicator like WeakAuras to show you how many stacks the target has, so you don't accidently kidney into your paralytic. Happens to me alot.
    Tier 6: Shuriken Toss hands down. The ranged damage is just too good to finish of a target or for quick Combo Points.

Poisons i use depend on the enemy comp. Paralytic/Wound for melee teams. If theres a healer or casters i switch to mind numbing.

With 5.2 we get Preparation as a baseline spell which makes our (currently shitty) survivability alot better. But we'll have to wait what talents actual get on live in 5.2. PTR is still confusing about the talents.

Almost forgot glyphs:
    Major: Blind, Cheap Shot and Garrote are pretty much mandatory, against melee teams you can switch Garrote to Cloak of Shadows or Feint(with Elusiveness)
    Minor: Blurred Speed, Poisons and Safe Fall. I use these because i do BGs and faster poison switching is always nice.

Thx alot for youre input Mr.
    I will try this out!