Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Can I finish tier 14 in 3 days?

I love WoW,
    But I own my company where due the time, it is nearly impossible to raid weekly with the guildgroup to see the Raid Normal Content.

LFR is okay, but thats not what im searching for. I want to experience Normal difficulty.
    I have a Christmas holiday now. I am going to try the raid out for the christmas only.
    I am trying to finish Raid Normal Content by only 3 days. I mean, the real 3 full days, not just 3 nights.

Question:
    Should I be able to finish the tier 14 by from the start, I am on the way to hit lvl 90. Didnt even complete one heroic, let alone the dailies.
    But I have 10 people who is interested to finish the Tier 14 together for a weekend.
    Should I be able to gear 10 mean all together up and finish the Normal Raid Content?

We are ready to farm a lot for our profession items, reputation gear, do heroics, LFR etc.
    Then focus on the raiding for 3 days? And we don't care about the wipes, we are prepared for that. Do you think that we can be able to finish in one weekend?

Or is there any things that might stop us for doing that? Like "Profession items that need you to wait 1 week to proc etc?".
    Or that i can't hit honored-revered-exalted because coz that I need more then just couple days, according to dailies system?

Thanks for helping me out.
    Last edited by Zenjie; 2012-12-25 at 10:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can finish tier 14 in 3 nights easy, if you're with a group that knows exactly what to do.

if you are just hitting 90 that be a no.

I don't think you would be able to do it within 3 days without experience (normal mode experience that is) on the boss already. You might be able to get down 6/6 for MSV and probably get 4/6 for HoF at the very best. It will be very hard if you don't even have any reps up as well.

So your group is filled with ppl who aren't 90 and are about to be and you want to bang out 16/16 in 72 hours? Best of luck but I just don't see that happening. Is it possible sure but the ppl that could do that have done it and had many things going for them getting to that point. Best of luck to you. Once your item lvl is high enough I would do LFR and hope for some loot if nothing else see the watered down version of the fights so you aren't going in blind in normal.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

id say no.. unless ur group has done the fights on normal mode already.. blade lord.. and Garalon both provide nasty raidblocks.. and Tsulong can be troublesome as well.

you could proly down 6/6 in MSV if u are lucky.

Deleted
    If you are all very good raiders who are used to raid with eachother, yes. Otherwise no.

3 full days (~16 hours a day), assuming fresh 90 and a lot of gold to burn, you can probably get through 6/6 MSV, 2-6/6 HoF (Garalon is a gear check—if you can get past, you can probably go 6/6), ?/4 ToES (way overgeared ToES when it came out; not sure what it looks like undergeared).

Get full 463 from spamming heroics, buy every crafted piece you can, and run through every LFR and Sha that reset. Your entire raid needs to know the fights and they need to be skilled enough to work at a serious gear disadvantage. You also need a flexible raid comp so you can optimize for specific fights. Make sure you have at least one disc priest.

The kind of skill and commitment this would take is probably only to be found in players already clearing most of the bosses on heroic, but it's probably possible with really, really good players.

Deleted
    My tank dk was able to enter MSV 2 hours after dinging, our group ended up clearing the entire thing and the first 3 in HoF (the guild I was running with cleared garalon for the first time as well, so I wasn't really getting carried). Getting a decent group (really, this is the hard part) might be a bit challenging but with some luck clearing the entire normal content can be done the first day you hit 90. If you are bringing 9 other players who haven't done the content before either I sadly doubt that you'll be successful, gear wise you could (possibly) get past garalon and tsulong (biggest gear blocks) if you spend a lot of gold but all of them need to know the tactics, be reasonably bright and ready to spend a lot of hours/gold on it. In theory, sure it's possible, but a more realistic outcome would be you reaching garalon.
    Last edited by mmoc321e539296; 2012-12-25 at 12:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    would be harder than you think . especially elegon is hard for dps . then the other raids scale so much in favor of the geared you wouldn't be able to finish it all within a week
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    My tank dk was able to enter MSV 2 hours after dinging, our group ended up clearing the entire thing and the first 3 in HoF (the guild I was running with cleared garalon for the first time as well so I wasn't really getting carried:P)
    You were getting carried by the healers.

If all ten people are expecting to going from fresh 90 to 16/16 with no experience and no heroic dungeon gear, I'd lower your expectations. There are enough gear-checky fights alone that you'd run into a lot of trouble, much less learning the fights. Less than 20% of guilds that have cleared at least one boss have finished the tier on normal so far, and I'd imagine a lot of them have been gearing up and getting practice in for the last two months.
    That said, if you have people with experience and/or gear, it's quite possible. A full 16/16 clear with zero wipes will only take like 2-3 hours, and if only a couple raid members need to learn the fights and you have sufficient raid dps/healing/mitigation that you can get carried, it's certainly possible you can do it in three days.
    Good luck, I'd be interested in hearing how far you guys get.

Interesting,
    Then I think ill just give only MSV a shot. And Ill see as the accomplishment when I finish MSV at this weekend.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    You were getting carried by the healers.
    Depends on how you view carried, I was obviously taking more damage than I would be with 480 gear but I didn't need much more healing than the other tank. As long as the tanks pull off the strats properly they aren't particulary hard to heal in normal modes, regardless of their gear (my main is a healer, so I should know:P). Of the fights I did there's basically just 3 where the tanks gear has much impact (gara'jal, wote and ta'yak).
    Last edited by mmoc321e539296; 2012-12-25 at 12:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are all incredibly skilled individuals and you have a bit of gold, you can do it. There are a couple serious gear checks that you'll have trouble passing unless you can get your gear up quickly. Everyone can get a couple of the crafted pieces (either the 496 or 476) depending on what you can afford. For those still leveling, as soon as you hit 89, go straight to Dread Wastes. The chains there will reward you with 440 gear which won't really cut it for raiding, but will get you into heroics. Pair up with two groups with the least overlap in armor class to do a few fast heroics. Also run a scenario or two for more chances at quick gear. Enchant and gem everything and have a stack of tomes ready. When you are undergeared, switching out a talent or two to be optimally specced for each fight can really help. Make sure every eats. Feasts are cheap, but if you can all eat your personal 300 food its better (especially for Pandaren). I also highly recommend watching boss fights. Knowing what your up sgainst can save a lot of time. Be prepared to spend the longest time wiping in HoF out of the 3. Terrace is easier, but you can't enter it until you or at least someone in your raid has cleared HoF.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    If you are all incredibly skilled individuals and you have a bit of gold, you can do it. There are a couple serious gear checks that you'll have trouble passing unless you can get your gear up quickly. Everyone can get a couple of the crafted pieces (either the 496 or 476) depending on what you can afford. For those still leveling, as soon as you hit 89, go straight to Dread Wastes. The chains there will reward you with 440 gear which won't really cut it for raiding, but will get you into heroics. Pair up with two groups with the least overlap in armor class to do a few fast heroics. Also run a scenario or two for more chances at quick gear. Enchant and gem everything and have a stack of tomes ready. When you are undergeared, switching out a talent or two to be optimally specced for each fight can really help. Make sure every eats. Feasts are cheap, but if you can all eat your personal 300 food its better (especially for Pandaren). I also highly recommend watching boss fights. Knowing what your up sgainst can save a lot of time. Be prepared to spend the longest time wiping in HoF out of the 3. Terrace is easier, but you can't enter it until you or at least someone in your raid has cleared HoF.
    That is useful information, many thanks!

Cleared MSV and up to Garalon in a single night. should be possible to finish it on the end of the 2nd or the start of the 3rd night..

Without experience, that would be a no. Top guilds can because they have done several encounters in the PTR.

You would have to be pretty amazing to do it.

You can easily get to Elegon, you might complete MSV completely, you wont complete HoF though.

Make sure to get gear (even buy some in the BMAH) for your DPS, you need a minimum in some fights.

Deleted
    It's possible yes, you can easily clear T14 on HC in 2 night of 5 hour raids, so clearing it on normal in 3 days / nights is easily doable, but it does require you to play with a group that has done everything and how to redo it. You won't progress through it in 3 nights, especially if you're newly dinged or so.

But however, you should probably give it a few resets to collect some gear and just clear as much as you can during that time.

Also, FYI, pugs in most servers are doing till Elegon in MSV and the first two bosses in HoF, so you dont need a guildgroup to progress in those bosses.

Maybe you should get a guildgroup that can play a couple of days (weekend for example) and tell everyone to try get pugs before that to do those bosses, then you can progress further with your guildgroup every week.