2. Ghoul
    3. Prepot
    4. Outbreak
    5. Pillar
    6. Obliterate as much as possible.
    7. Empower Rune Weapon when you can't Obliterate
    8. More Obliterates

Capping RP in your opener isn't a huge issue

Using outbreak before pillar is a dps loss.

You should switch 4 and 5 around.

Better still, use unholy blight as the opener as i stated in my original op for higher dps.

Quote Originally Posted by mmociloveu3 View Post
    Using outbreak before pillar is a dps loss.

You should switch 4 and 5 around.

Better still, use unholy blight as the opener as i stated in my original op for higher dps.
    Plague Leech is worth more over the course of the fight than Unholy Blight in the opener.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dossou View Post
    Plague Leech is worth more over the course of the fight than Unholy Blight in the opener.
    You should still use outbreak after pillar and not before if you are using plague leech.

And,

plague leech is not always a dps increase over unholy blight. If you use unholy blight with 2 x trinket proc + pillar + fallen crusader proc + (pot), and are aoeing, you can do up to and over 10-15k dps more aoe damage depending on how many mobs are up.

You can gain up to 4k more damage per tic of each disease with correct usage (10 second of frost fever up until your next howling blast, 30 full seconds for blood plague) . That is alot of dps per mob.

This is way more dps than plague leech could ever hope to achieve over the course of the fight.

Lots of cleaving + proper use of unholy blight, it is an easy winner.
    Last edited by mmocc9ab76eb5e; 2012-12-29 at 12:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mmociloveu6 View Post
    You should still use outbreak after pillar and not before if you are using plague leech.

And,

plague leech is not always a dps increase over unholy blight. If you use unholy blight with 2 x trinket proc + pillar + fallen crusader proc + (pot), and are aoeing, you can do up to and over 10-15k dps more aoe damage depending on how many mobs are up.

You can gain up to 4k more damage per tic of each disease with correct usage (10 second of frost fever up until your next howling blast, 30 full seconds for blood plague) . That is alot of dps per mob.

This is way more dps than plague leech could ever hope to achieve over the course of the fight.

Lots of cleaving + proper use of unholy blight, it is an easy winner.
    I'm talking single target obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Army at 5
    2. Ghoul
    3. Prepot
    4. Outbreak
    5. Pillar
    6. Obliterate as much as possible.
    7. Empower Rune Weapon when you can't Obliterate
    8. More Obliterates

Capping RP in your opener isn't a huge issue
    Depending on the fight, wouldn't waiting for your 2nd pillar before ERP be more of a DPS gain, assuming that doing so doesn't lower the number of ERP you get in a fight (Such as Gara where you'd only get 1 by doing this.)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Depending on the fight, wouldn't waiting for your 2nd pillar before ERP be more of a DPS gain, assuming that doing so doesn't lower the number of ERP you get in a fight (Such as Gara where you'd only get 1 by doing this.)
    1st Pillar includes prepot and both trinkets.
    Trinket ICD is 45 seconds so most likely they won't line up again until your 4th or 5th Pillar

10+ Year Old Account
    1st Pillar includes prepot and both trinkets.
    Trinket ICD is 45 seconds so most likely they won't line up again until your 4th or 5th Pillar
    (I'm just starting to play my DK as an alt again, so that's why im curious) So how do you time popping the 2nd ERW, since as you said capping RP at the start isn't an issue. Do you just obliterate->HB on rime, until no more obliterates, than ERW-> normal rotation?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    (I'm just starting to play my DK as an alt again, so that's why im curious) So how do you time popping the 2nd ERW, since as you said capping RP at the start isn't an issue. Do you just obliterate->HB on rime, until no more obliterates, than ERW-> normal rotation?
    I try to do it with my 2nd potion and Pillar at minimum. On a fight where you need alot of burst at certain times (think Heroic Wind Lord) I save it for the first 600% burn.

Trying to use your 2nd Empower with potion and avoid doing it during lust. Once again, Obliterating at 76+ RP isn't an issue but try not to Obliterate at 100.

Deleted
    How do you have time to use it a second time on wind lord hc ? The fight is so short :/.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inambour View Post
    How do you have time to use it a second time on wind lord hc ? The fight is so short :/.
    He said he uses it on the first 600% burn phase, not he uses it a 2nd time during the fight.