New GPU showing wrong core clock in afterburn

So I got a gigabyte windforce 660ti and it shows the right core clock in gpu-z, 941mhz, but in afterburn and evga precision it's showing 705. I want to mess around with OCing but not if the programs aren't showing me the correct clocks.
    CPU: Intel I5-3570k 4.7ghz MB: Gigabyte Z77-D3H
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Ram: G-Skill 8GB 1333
    SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB PSU: Corsair CX850M Case: Corsair 750D

Deleted
    dynamic clocks of the keplar series , check ingame with either afterburner or evga tool and see what clocks you'll be running at.
    also for overclocking > http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...g-Leaderboards

also using heaven as stress tool works very solid for OC'ing. (personally i prefer the evga tool for tweaking + outside monitoring(benching) and the msi one for ingame)

Yep in heaven I was hitting 705 core clock, I have a display on my keyboard that I set up to show me the core clock speed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OmegaV View Post
    Yep in heaven I was hitting 705 core clock, I have a display on my keyboard that I set up to show me the core clock speed.
    put power target slider to max (122%) and see if it hits supposed clocks.

well using gpu-z and watching the core clock through that it says it's jumping up to 1136...so it may just be afterburn reporting wrong, plus afterburn won't let me up the core clock past 920.

Deleted
    well using gpu-z and watching the core clock through that it says it's jumping up to 1136...so it may just be afterburn reporting wrong, plus afterburn won't let me up the core clock past 920.
    gpu-z is off , it cannot read my oc clocks -_- (it keep showing stock clocks while the sensor tab does show the correct clocks xD)
    try using the evga tool, also double click on the monitoring graph to bring up a big version of it with all aspects to monitor.

I'm downloading updated version of both afterburner and precision now, and precision finished and it's running at correct speeds it seems according to it since there's a boost speed.

Deleted
    I'm downloading updated version of both afterburner and precision now, and precision finished and it's running at correct speeds it seems according to it since there's a boost speed.
    read up on how keplar oc'ing works? since it is actually quite different compared to say cpu and older gpu oc'ing. (more settings/variables)

Yeah it's rather interesting, it seems maxing out power makes it so the boost is almost always on when in games? That's what I inferred from it so far so I could be wrong about that. And it seems like the memory will be oced by a much larger amount in comparison to the core clock.

Deleted
    Yeah it's rather interesting, it seems maxing out power makes it so the boost is almost always on when in games? That's what I inferred from it so far so I could be wrong about that. And it seems like the memory will be oced by a much larger amount in comparison to the core clock.
    only got an extensive gtx 670 guide i can recommend for more indepth details.(http://www.overclock.net/t/1265110/t...g-master-guide)
    in regards to core/mem clocks yes memory can be pushed way further. (for comparison i got +117 on the core and +805 on mem)

Yeah, that guide definitely helps. Sitting at +82 core and +400 memory currently and things look good to keep going further.

Deleted
    Yeah, that guide definitely helps. Sitting at +82 core and +400 memory currently and things look good to keep going further.
    what are you using to test the oc with?
    also easier to tweak each setting 1 at a time. (first highest core clock first and mem later, easier troubleshooting @crashes)

Well I maxed out core to +115, 120 almost worked, and I'm now working on memory clock, I bumped both up originally to an amount that seemed reasonable. And I'm using the heaven benchmark to test it.

Deleted
    Well I maxed out core to +115, 120 almost worked, and I'm now working on memory clock, I bumped both up originally to an amount that seemed reasonable. And I'm using the heaven benchmark to test it.
    still maintaining the KB i hope?

Attempting too, it appears I need to lower the voltage some to get it to raise, my temps stay under 70c. I have it getting to about 1240mhz right now. This is with a +110 core and +700 memory clock.

Edit: Or maybe not on the lowering of the voltage...hmmm didn't really affect anything
    Last edited by OmegaV; 2012-12-25 at 04:53 PM.