Thread: Macro issues

Macro issues

I'm having issues with one of my Macros not working and I'm not sure why. It will work sometimes but not other times.

#showtooltip Bestial Wrath
    /petattack
    /petassist
    /use 10
    /cast Rapid Fire
    /cast Bestial Wrath
    /cast Kill Command

The only part that doesn't work is Rapid Fire, Sometimes it will trigger but sometimes it won't. I think it may be an issue with Rapid Fire itself in that it doesn't trigger the GCD but cannot be used off the GCD. I am wondering if anyone knows how I could get this to work properly 100% of the time.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2012-12-25 at 02:21 PM.

Put Rapid Fire at the start and see if that works. Really you shouldn't have KC in the macro either though, seeing as RF is on the GCD too.

Deleted
    The only way that you can make sure this works all the time is to be 100% sure you don't use it while a GCD is on cd, since that's the only problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Put Rapid Fire at the start and see if that works. Really you shouldn't have KC in the macro either though, seeing as RF is on the GCD too.
    RF is a bit weird in that it isn't really on the GCD. Watch as you use your other spells that the GCD will tick over on your rapid fire key but if you press rapid fire it won't actually trigger the GCD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    RF is a bit weird in that it isn't really on the GCD. Watch as you use your other spells that the GCD will tick over on your rapid fire key but if you press rapid fire it won't actually trigger the GCD.
    This. RF is not on the GCD, but can not be cast while another spell triggers the GCD. The macro is fine, you just have to make sure that you wait for the GCD to use it.

The problem with macroing RF to any ability that triggers the GCD is that if you use it too early you will trigger another GCD, delaying RF by .5 sec + loosing a potential GCD that you could have used with RF.

Deleted
    why are you using rapid fire and bestial wrath at the same time ;P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yavania View Post
    It's how it should be done, at the start since you're going to use readiness.

Deleted
    that´s the macro im using and it works fine for me. just make sure that nothing is on GCD.

---------- Post added 2012-12-26 at 02:54 AM ----------

For pvp you want the pvp power bonus with your bestial wrath for maximum damage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    It's how it should be done, at the start since you're going to use readiness.
    should use just before readiness incase for some reason you have a few seconds down time before next bestial wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunstreaker View Post
    that´s the macro im using and it works fine for me. just make sure that nothing is on GCD.

---------- Post added 2012-12-26 at 02:54 AM ----------

For pvp you want the pvp power bonus with your bestial wrath for maximum damage
    ah yes this is fair point

Why not? It provides focus regen for pet + myself allowing the pet to get more bites and myself to get more arcane shots instead of cobra. Basic cooldown stacking...

if you macro BW and kill command together the kill command does not get effected by the BW.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    if you macro BW and kill command together the kill command does not get effected by the BW.
    It does if you put it after BW.

Deleted
    yeah it does work try it :P

yeah it does work try it :P
    i tested it for a while and it doesn't.

I'd like to see some proof. What you're saying contradicts just about every other source including top parsing Hunters.

From my brief testing period (a couple minutes), I can say that this is correct. Still would like more time to test it just to be sure. Will try to test it more and report back here. Will have to be after my raid though.

Edit: Raid was pushed back by 30 minutes. I recorded myself using it and it turns out that use BW + Kill command in a macro is a hit or miss. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. So to put it short, don't macro it.

Edit 2: now I can't reproduce KC hitting before BW triggers again. Not sure about this.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2012-12-27 at 01:59 AM.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    From my brief testing period (a couple minutes), I can say that this is correct. Still would like more time to test it just to be sure. Will try to test it more and report back here. Will have to be after my raid though.

Edit: Raid was pushed back by 30 minutes. I recorded myself using it and it turns out that use BW + Kill command in a macro is a hit or miss. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. So to put it short, don't macro it.

Edit 2: now I can't reproduce KC hitting before BW triggers again. Not sure about this.
    I was just testing it out too. Sometimes it hits, sometimes it doesn't. May have something to do with latency.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    I was just testing it out too. Sometimes it hits, sometimes it doesn't. May have something to do with latency.
    when i have normal latency seems to work fine