Thread: Hi everybody!

Deleted

Hi everybody!

Hi everybody!

This is my first message in MMO-Champion, but i read four year ago. I'm from Spain but i live in Scotland. Sorry, my english needs improvement

I resumed to Rift and now, i play WoW and Rift at the same time, (wow four years ago) my heart is divided into two parts.

Rift is lovely, graphics, playstyle, difficulty, leveling, events outdoor, soul...but i can't to understand all the text so i lose part of Lore

I know Rift is in several language (english, french, german and...russian?), do you think spanish may be the next??

I know a lot of people that want to try Rift but they "can't". For these people, the unique quality MMO alternatives (in spanish) is GW2 and WoW....none more.

For me Rift is the best MMO right now, and i think Trion is a great company, but i don't understand why don't translation (text), neither sold the physical box in Spain.

Yes, i know the spanish is less important than the english, german and french in the videogame world but the spanish is a language very widely (south and central american, spain and also several countries speak spanish as a second language).

Do you think that is profitable for Trion translate texts into Spanish?

Thanks for reading and for your time ^^

I didn't know this, and to be honest I am suprised that they didn't do Spanish and did some of those other languages first. As you said Spanish is a big deal around the globe. My guess is that they are planning it already - or maybe the fact they don't have endless money to burn they had to make sacrifices and now if funds go up they can release more language versions.

But to be honest all you will get here mostly is fan speculation - unless a Trion person is reading this And can help our Spanish friend.

Deleted
    Thank you very much for reply Slime.

Yes, i understand that Rift Chocolate wasn't translated, is understandable becouse at first you don't know how it will work a game.

But now, i think is a very solid game.

I hope a Trion person is reading xD

Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celmad View Post
    Hi everybody!
    Hi Dr. Nick!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by studkaw View Post
    Hi Dr. Nick!

Exactly what i thought when i read that.

Deleted
    xD I can't to link anything (i need to write a few coment), so i can't show you a picture abour dr.nick but yes, i have discovered you

I wrote on the official forum also, i know MMO-champion is from/for fun so it's the best. I like to know that the community think about this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well considering the fact that it hasn't been released in any spanish speaking countries... why would they have to convert all the language to suit you? If they decide to expand to south american countries or spain, I'm sure they'll implement a spanish language, but until then they don't expect anyone of your kind to actually be playing the game... It's like americans who can't speak japanese, but they get those crazy japanese only video games. The only reason you're able to play that game is because you live in scotland... I can only suggest you learn english better or try a different game.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Well considering the fact that it hasn't been released in any spanish speaking countries... why would they have to convert all the language to suit you? If they decide to expand to south american countries or spain, I'm sure they'll implement a spanish language, but until then they don't expect anyone of your kind to actually be playing the game... It's like americans who can't speak japanese, but they get those crazy japanese only video games. The only reason you're able to play that game is because you live in scotland... I can only suggest you learn english better or try a different game.
    Thanks for reply.

Good. I can to play well, english isn't a big problem for me. So i don't speak only for me (yes also i prefer reading in spanish, my natural language), the spanish speakers comunity is big:

Spanish native speakers 380 million secundary 120 million
    English 360 million over 250 million
    Russian 150 million 124 million
    French 115 million 150 million
    German 100 million 80 million

Yes, spanish speakers are not much to play mmo, much less than the other languages ​​mentioned, but i think it is important enough for them to be beneficial to translate texts.

I would enjoy Rift for a long time (with or without translation) but I think it translated into spanish would be a small boost in sales.

About the physical sale of the game in Spain..., i think the digital out more profitable and therefore (also) did not sell the physical game in Spain

Blizzard (MoP) has opted for the same (selling before the digital version). It's de future xD

Thank you so much.

Deleted
    You might not realise this but translating a whole game take alot of time, effort and resources, it would cost alot. They probably made som estimation and come to the conclusion that they have too few spanish only speaking players in order to profit from releasing a spanish version. Apart from the translation itself, they would need to manage another/afew new servers, hier Spanish speaking GMs and communication people.
    All and all, it would cost more than they would get in return from a possible small increase in sale.
    My advice is to learn english, most countries in europe have english as a subject in school.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by studkaw View Post
    You might not realise this but translating a whole game take alot of time, effort and resources, it would cost alot. They probably made som estimation and come to the conclusion that they have too few spanish only speaking players in order to profit from releasing a spanish version. Apart from the translation itself, they would need to manage another/afew new servers, hier Spanish speaking GMs and communication people.
    All and all, it would cost more than they would get in return from a possible small increase in sale.
    My advice is to learn english, most countries in europe have english as a subject in school.
    Thanks for reply!

Yes, you're right, maybe need more spanish community to make translation possible.

But the Spanish did not buy a game without translation, the Spanish are equally denied that the British and the French to speak other languages ​​(in general, not everyone of course). Especially when it comes to an MMO.

Anyway, a single translation of texts is less expensive. Also not is mandatory offer GMs who speak Spanish.

About creating a server ... one would be enough, but possibly enough to have now.

I call express translation :P but still expensive.

While i enjoy in english

Thanks.

I assume it has something to do with the language barrier. If you notice WoW did not even release 7 years into the game in Brazil until just this year I think.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As rude as some other people have been in these posts, it does make sense that they don't have a Spanish translation for a game that isn't available in Spanish speaking nations. They have translations for the most spoken languages in the countries the game is available.

It does take a large amount of resources to run a game in a new region. Like someone already mentioned, you have to create and run new servers, translate all your webpages, translate a large amount of text in game, potentially record dialogue for a new language, and hire support staff for all areas of the game who speak Spanish.

This effort won't be taken until they release in native Spanish speaking countries unfortunately. As an American, I understand that we receive a lot of priviliges regarding art/entertainment. If I couldn't play one of my favorite games because it wasn't in my country, I wouldn't be too thrilled. That being said, I would understand if I was playing a game not technically available to me if they had no English translation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    As rude as some other people have been in these posts, it does make sense that they don't have a Spanish translation for a game that isn't available in Spanish speaking nations. They have translations for the most spoken languages in the countries the game is available.

It does take a large amount of resources to run a game in a new region. Like someone already mentioned, you have to create and run new servers, translate all your webpages, translate a large amount of text in game, potentially record dialogue for a new language, and hire support staff for all areas of the game who speak Spanish.

This effort won't be taken until they release in native Spanish speaking countries unfortunately. As an American, I understand that we receive a lot of priviliges regarding art/entertainment. If I couldn't play one of my favorite games because it wasn't in my country, I wouldn't be too thrilled. That being said, I would understand if I was playing a game not technically available to me if they had no English translation.
    Thank so much for the comment.

I'm very happy playing Rift, i'm lvl53 and every time i love more my Reaver. The translation would be the "icing on the cake" (not sure if this sentence is correct in english).

Thanks ^^