Poll: When do you take your Christmas tree down?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    New Year's Day.
    Putin khuliyo

Wait just a second.

People take their trees down? What kind of delinquint behavior is this?

As soon as I can, usually within a day or two after Christmas is over. I don't have a ton of space in the living room, and it gets pretty cramped in there during Christmas with the tree and stuff up, so I want to get it cleaned out pretty quickly afterwards. It's always kind of a depressing task though. :|

I used to get real trees, but we're up to the point now where fake ones look just as good, and those are much easier to work with. Take the thing apart, box it up, put it away til next year. I haven't used a real tree in years.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2012-12-26 at 06:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    january 7th... The day after the day of the 3 wise men.
    I believe that's in accord with the catholic church calendar. Not sure...... However that's the traditional day to get rid of Christmas stuff in Germany.

That makes it pretty much 2 weeks of decoration. Since the Tree won't be put up until December 23 late at night.
    We celebrate the Advent time tho. We have an Advent wreath, which has 4 candles on it to represent every of the 4 Sundays before Christmas, and every of those days a candle gets lit... Every time one more.

It's kind of cool for the kids... That candles lighting slowly builds up excitement towards Christmas itself.
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2012-12-26 at 04:07 PM.

After a while it just kind of blends into the living room and I don't notice its there. This year I didn't even have to put my christmas tree up - it was still there from 2011

Deleted
    Within a week of New Year's Day, usually. Time varies depending on how lazy everyone is feeling that year.

My family was so motivated for xmas this year we didn't even put up the tree lol. Normally though when we do put up a tree it's down between boxing day and NYE. I know some people who leave theirs up till at least feb... Seems excessive to me :/

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    How long after Christmas do you wait before taking down your Christmas tree? Typically my family waits until the end of December. I'm curious as to what you guys do.
    I don't even put one up. So, uh. Never, I guess?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

mid jan ish, cba with doing stuff between christmas and NYE. bad enough that I dont get time off work

Deleted
    In tradition it's supposed to be thrown out week after new years, but I'm going to get rid of mine today.

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 01:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    january 7th... The day after the day of the 3 wise men.
    I believe that's in accord with the catholic church calendar. Not sure...... However that's the traditional day to get rid of Christmas stuff in Germany.

That makes it pretty much 2 weeks of decoration. Since the Tree won't be put up until December 23 late at night.
    We celebrate the Advent time tho. We have an Advent wreath, which has 4 candles on it to represent every of the 4 Sundays before Christmas, and every of those days a candle gets lit... Every time one more.
    It's kind of cool for the kids... That candles lighting slowly builds up excitement towards Christmas itself.
    Not surprisingly the exact same traditions (advent included) that finnish have.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't put up a Christmas tree, I don't celebrate Christmas all that much, went to dinner, but that's it.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

after New Years ,if it survives drunken stumbling incidents over the holidays that is.

Deleted
    Early January, i'm to lazy to take out the tree before new years eve.

10+ Year Old Account
    A free Saturday in early January, it'll probably be Jan. 5th or 12th this year.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    im quite traditional, so its the 6/7th January.