10+ Year Old Account

Some quick advice is welcomed

Given this is my very first time putting money into a build and putting together my first custom computer. I've been looking over reviews lately so I was going over a build and try this one from the sample thread instead.

Just incase needed: My budget is 700-800 minimum and looking to play games like WoW, Assassin's Creed III, Skyrim, etc etc.

Gaming 790
    MoBo: ASRock Z77 Pro3 – $89.99
    CPU: Intel i5 3570k – $214.99
    RAM: G.Skill 1600MHz 2x4GB – $34.99
    GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Ti – $279.99
    HDD: WD Caviar Blue 500GB – $64.99
    PSU: XFX ProSeries 450W – $52.99
    Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi – $49.99
    However, I'm not a big fan of the Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi. Could it be replaced with the Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower?

Deleted
    should work just fine and case swapping is no issue when staying at the same size of case. (unless you plan special watercooling but that isn't the case xD)

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the reply,

I was putting the build within PCpartbuilder and a compatibility note came up. Does this effect the build or should I look for another case (unless you have recommendations).

"ASRock Z77 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard has an onboard USB 3.0 header, but the Rosewill CHALLENGER ATX Mid Tower Case does not have front panel USB 3.0 ports."

Also, I was comparing PSU between XFX ProSeries 450W and CORSAIR Builder Series CX500 v2 500W. Is there any slight differences between them or does one have more watts of power?

Deleted
    Depends if you care about frontal ports

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by acarleescryers View Post
    Thanks for the reply,

I was putting the build within PCpartbuilder and a compatibility note came up. Does this effect the build or should I look for another case (unless you have recommendations).

"ASRock Z77 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard has an onboard USB 3.0 header, but the Rosewill CHALLENGER ATX Mid Tower Case does not have front panel USB 3.0 ports."

Also, I was comparing PSU between XFX ProSeries 450W and CORSAIR Builder Series CX500 v2 500W. Is there any slight differences between them or does one have more watts of power?
    They can both draw around ~408W but the XFX is SeaSonic OEM and better quality.

If you care about having front USB 3.0 then yes you need to switch cases.

NZXT Source 220
    NZXT Source 210 Elite
    Antec Three Hundred Two
    Corsair 300R
    Corsair Vengeance C70