Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Possible Alliance racials buffs, opinions?

There was a post that said if many guilds will continue to swap factions, Blizz will change some racials of the Alliance (Currently no burst at all).
    Any thoughts?

They should remove or make all Racials baseline tbh. Humans were pretty much mandatory in Cata for the PvP trinket (which should just be baseline for ALL imo, annoying at low levels without it).

EMFH = Make baseline. The name alone suggests everyone should have it, and it saves making more PvP trinkets every patch.
    Shadowmeld = Make baseline. Surely everyone can get a camouflage when stood still (either leave as is, or make it so when you stand still for so long, out of combat, you go into Shadowmeld) - Would be nice for afking in silly areas!

The rest can all go tbh, nothing else would be 'logically' usable by all.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2012-12-25 at 08:25 PM.

iirc CG said that if they will see many guilds outside of the top ones switching they will change
    so nothing is going to happen

the most i can see changing as far as racials go is EMFH getting hit by the nerf bat
    Last edited by Enosh; 2012-12-25 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    They should remove or make all Racials baseline tbh. Humans were pretty much mandatory in Cata for the PvP trinket (which should just be baseline for ALL imo, annoying at low levels without it).
    Racials are what make races unique. Most people don't care for the race they use for raiding/PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Racials are what make races unique. Most people don't care for the race they use for raiding/PvP.
    Say that to all the people who rolled Human in Cata. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    iirc CG said that if they will see many gilds outside of the top one switching they will change

the most i can see changing as far as racials go is EMFH getting hit by the nerf bat
    Thing is none of the Alliance races has a burst which affects PvE progression, while in the Horde all races except Tauren have it.
    Not fair in general.

I kind of wish Draenei had a burst racial. It would fit their "incredible magical power" they're known for. The heal is nice but it's been nerfed down so hard it's sort of a backup for emergencies at best.

Night Elf should get a haste buff and Tauren a crit one.* (Agility of the Forest Keepers/Massive Body and Soul") Trying to keep from repeating racial passives is pushing themselves into a corner, honestly. Worgen should have a burst of haste or attack power similar to a Troll or Orc for obvious reasons. Kind of wish the Dwarven tanking racial lasted five seconds longer.
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2012-12-25 at 09:34 PM. Reason: * 1% passive
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Alliance have the best PvP, tanking and healing racials.

Horde have the best DPS racials.

Unfortunately, the high-end PvE progression race is always about DPS checks and avoiding mechanics by killing the boss before he does things, so that makes horde the best for them. I don't really care if they 'improve' alliance racials, or just take out all racials, but if they're going to do the former, they should probably distribute those amazing PvP/tanking/healing ones to horde as well.
    Last edited by Daerio; 2012-12-25 at 08:42 PM.

They did that in 4.0. It didn't stay that way for very long, it made the skill useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    EMFH = Make baseline. The name alone suggests everyone should have it, and it saves making more PvP trinkets every patch.
    Except that it's not Every Male For Himself. Ostensibly only a human is a "man." Though it would be much more "boring" (taking that lightly of course) I agree they should just level it all off somehow. If they want certain classes of certain types to exist (taken from a blue post that said "we want Forsaken warlocks to exist" kind of thing), that's an easy way for them to meet that goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    Except that it's not Every Male For Himself. Ostensibly only a human is a "man." Though it would be much more "boring" (taking that lightly of course) I agree they should just level it all off somehow. If they want certain classes of certain types to exist (taken from a blue post that said "we want Forsaken warlocks to exist" kind of thing), that's an easy way for them to meet that goal.
    We tend to use "man" in that sense as any race or such really though, or simply replace the word man for one, but that's just being nit-picky.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I kind of wish Draenei had a burst racial. It would fit their "incredible magical power" they're known for. The heal is nice but it's been nerfed down so hard it's sort of a backup for emergencies at best.

Night Elf should get a haste buff and Tauren a crit one. (Agility of the Forest Keepers/Massive Body and Soul") Trying to keep from repeating racial passives is pushing themselves into a corner, honestly. Worgen should have a burst of haste or attack power similar to a Troll or Orc for obvious reasons. Kind of wish the Dwarven tanking racial lasted five seconds longer.
    I was thinking some sort of defensive racial would make the most logical sense; something analogous to Blinding Light.

Deleted
    iirc CG said that if they will see many guilds outside of the top ones switching they will change

EMFH is the sole reason why anyone even bothers playing Alliance nowadays, it's the reason why my sole Alliance char (all others are Horde) is human. The racial is strong, but nowhere near as op as people make it out to be, especially since insignias got buffed and now give you other stats atop their ability to get you out of CC.

Aside from that, every single last Alliance racial is pretty much garbage. We have mostly useable racials who in many situations are of great utility. The Alliance doesn't. The Alliance racials are bad for PvP and horrible for PvE.

People telling me this doesn't have any kind of influence on what people chose should come up with a pretty good reason of why since TBC the Alliance:Horde ratio didn't simply swap but is often worse then it used to be, in favor of the Horde. My server once one of the strongest Alliance servers now barely has any kind of Alliance left while it is one of the servers with the biggest Horde population.
    My waiting times went from almost instant to 5-15 minutes and that's regardless of bigger realm pools and playing against all of Europe now.

For the last few years the Alliance has been in an constant decline both in PvP and PvE and while racials aren't the sole reason they're contributing.

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    Alliance have the best PvP, tanking and healing racials.

Horde have the best DPS racials.
    The Alliance has ONE, ONE useable PvP racial with the rest alternating between bad and useless. The Horde at least a decent to good one for each race. Tauren Stomp, Will of the Forsaken (now with touch of the grave), goblin jump (free gap closer/disengage), blood elf silence (how I hate this one, it's a killing blow where a healer otherwise would've saved himself), mini blood lust (troll) and so on and on and on.

As for Tanking and healing. Which one are you refering to? Because nearly all of them are useless or on to long a cool down to matter.

Unfortunately, the high-end PvE progression race is always about DPS checks and avoiding mechanics by killing the boss before he does things, so that makes horde the best for them. I don't really care if they 'improve' alliance racials, or just take out all racials, but if they're going to do the former, they should probably distribute those amazing PvP/tanking/healing ones to horde as well.
    Biased much. :|
    Last edited by mmoc5e6c40f22c; 2012-12-25 at 09:09 PM.

Would rather they allowed you to have something like 4 or 5 Factional Points. Remove all Racials and then add them all onto a Faction Bonus.
    Costing 1-4 points. with the more useful ones costing 3-4 points and minor ones costing 1 or 2.

So you could choose to have a PvP trinket but you cant get x in addition. But you could spend 1 point to get "Goblin/Gnomish Trained - Gives you x bonus to Engineering."

Etc all stuff like that. That is the only way to really make it balanced and it means people pick their race for the looks, not for some bonus, because you can choose to have it.

if the alliance wants to get racial buffs, they'd better start transfering to horde lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    if the alliance wants to get racial buffs, they'd better start transfering to horde lol
    What was that? "LOL Ally no Bloodlust for you?" Things change and one-sidedness gets removed. The devs have already said rather recently that they don't like the "Join Horde for DPS, Join Alliance for Human PVP" trend and want to balance the racials out.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    The Alliance has ONE, ONE useable PvP racial with the rest alternating between bad and useless.

As for Tanking and healing. Which one are you refering to? Because nearly all of them are useless or on to long a cool down to matter.
    It doesn't matter that "Alliance only has ONE good PvP racial!" when it's the BEST one. That's how this works. People don't decide to go horde for PvP because "They have more PvP racials!" People roll human because it's the best.

Night elf is the best tanking racial. Period. Dwarf is probably second best. (they're both amazing) Horde tanking racials - don't exist.

I BELIEVE Humans have the best healing racial. Blood Elf Arcane Torrent and "The Human Spirit" racials were both nerfed for MoP but Humans still have the 'narrow' advantage. The only other 'healing' racials are throughput (expansive mind, bloodfury, berserking) which have variable impact based on class.

Like I said, Horde have the clear advantage when it comes to PvE DPS racials, and that's usually what it comes down to for TOP-END guilds. I would argue that amazing tanking racials make a much bigger difference for the 'average' guild than it does for the top-end guilds, and better healing racials also fall under that category.

The only thing I don't like about this cyclical nerfing/OP thing, is that it really doesn't make any customers happy - the people who get buffed are happy for a while, the people who get nerfed (or don't get buffed) are unhappy. The only real winner is Blizzard, taking everybody's money for race changes. (lol) I don't think they should buff Alliance racials to the point that Horde don't have ANY advantages (Alliance clear winner in PvP, Tanking and DPS) and that IS what will happen if they decide to change anything. Again, this benefits Blizzard, but not really anybody else. And all I said, is if they're going to buff Alliance DPS racials (which are the only ones that matter for this discussion) then they should probably buff Horde PvP racials, and actually give them Tanking racials that aren't useless. (PS - Tauren are a joke.)

That's usually how Blizzard does things though. It's never balanced, they don't even try to make it balanced. Instead, they make it cyclical - Rogues suck for a while, Rogues are kings for a while - Mages suck for a little while, Mages back to being top - Warriors suck for a while, Warriors back to roflstomping oneshotting - It's a terrible system that I'm getting tired of. I don't think it will change, though. It's also why I don't PvP in WoW.
    Last edited by Daerio; 2012-12-25 at 09:38 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is Alliance is too good for PvP (well human is to be specific) and Horde is too good for PvE.

I think a good change is to give us, say, 10 racials and we pick 4 to use.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    What was that? "LOL Ally no Bloodlust for you?" Things change and one-sidedness gets removed. The devs have already said rather recently that they don't like the "Join Horde for DPS, Join Alliance for Human PVP" trend and want to balance the racials out.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Horde racials are likely better than Alliance racials for PvE right now. Only the top guilds have switched for the racials, but if more guilds do so then the racials will be adjusted. "
    that's what I'm talking about. if you guys want a racial buff, you'd better start transfering to the horde even if you aren't a top raider. actually, you should do it especially if you aren't a top raider. this way GC will buff alliance racials for PvE.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    I BELIEVE Humans have the best healing racial. Blood Elf Arcane Torrent and "The Human Spirit" racials were both nerfed for MoP but Humans still have the 'narrow' advantage. The only other 'healing' racials are throughput (expansive mind, bloodfury, berserking) which have variable impact based on class.
    And both pale in comparison to +300 spirit/intellect a Pandaren can get.
    [What's half of minor?]