Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

RNG forcing me to go DW.

So I just got Jaws of Terror and Scimter of Seven Stars from LFR..
    No luck on my 2H so Im wondering..

I'm currently using Runic Corruption and stacking Haste for spam obliterates.. my dps was awesome with a blue 2h..
    Now Im wondering can I keep doing my 2H rotation with DW..? will my dps go down?

I really didnt like the whole "gotta use obliterate to keep an unholy rune depleted" and stuff..

any tips..?

Your dps will go down, yes. Since DW uses frost damage ie HB and 2H uses physical damage in the form of OB for the main attack. IIRC OB isnt affected by the frost mastery.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

105 views and no one else has something to add to the topic lol?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because what he says is good enough.

Basicly you will loose dps so not worth it.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

RC is the worst talent to pick as well, for frost at least.

Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    Because what he says is good enough.

Basicly you will loose dps so not worth it.
    So if I went normal DW Frost would my dps increase? Considering I follow the normal DW rotation with w.e the other talent is.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    So if I went normal DW Frost would my dps increase? Considering I follow the normal DW rotation with w.e the other talent is.
    Since your weapons are better yes, provided you do the rotation/priority properly. I recently switched from 2H as well and it took me a bit to adjust to the rotation but my dps has gone up.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    You can reforge to mastery , get plague leech and blood tap , spam HB and use FS to dump RP , obliterate is low on prio here , you wont waste any KM procs , and i bet your dps will go up with the weapons you got , 2h is slightly higher on dps if you have the equivalent weapons but if you have better 1handers then go DW m its also easier to manage .

Long live Garona Halforcen ! Cheers to Odexy for the Sig !

Deleted
    In fact OB as DW is not as low, u need to burn those UH runes and transform into Death ones via BT.

There is some debate on whether or not you could sort of play a no-waiting 2hand Frost like DW, but you can't make Oblt your Primary attack for DW.

You need to go with either BT or RE and game in that tree, or Runic Corruption but its a bigger dps loss.

Past that look up some of the guides, it's going to be Haste>Mastery until higher gear lvls, simcraft yourself for a stat weight and its mainly HB Spam, Oblt when you have Unholy Runes and FS during KM and avoiding Cap.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    'Forcing me' lol. Also, theres ton of info on 2h frost and dw frost already out there. Don't make people reinvent the wheel.

At the risk of being blunt, when did it suddenly become common for people to drop random thing from their rotation? I swear its a dw hastefrost discussion twice a week.

Pretty sure the OP knows that it is a dps loss. You can play an enhancement shaman and refuse to cast lighting bolt because malestrom weapon is 'lame'. If you want to know how much of a dps loss it is then use simcraft for a specific answer.

If you want to use icy touch instead of howling blast, well, its your $15. However, if you cant play the spec as intended, you need to evaluate why you are changing anyway. (swapping dw with wrong rotation negates most of the benefit you get from swapping for better weapons.
    Last edited by Nangz; 2012-12-26 at 12:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    RC is the worst talent to pick as well, for frost at least.
    What makes RC worse for 2H? I can understand for DW Frost, where your Unholy runes are mostly an unwanted nuisance. But for 2H Frost, all 6 Runes funnel directly into Oblit, so wouldn't RC be more or less equivocal with other forms of regen?

Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    What makes RC worse for 2H? I can understand for DW Frost, where your Unholy runes are mostly an unwanted nuisance. But for 2H Frost, all 6 Runes funnel directly into Oblit, so wouldn't RC be more or less equivocal with other forms of regen?
    Mathematically:

RE = 45% of a rune
    RC = 40.5% of a rune (or really 13.5% of all three refreshing runes)
    BT = 40% of a death rune

Since it gives a death rune at the same efficiency, BT is always better than RC. The only spec that might legitimately use RC is Blood, when the player cares more about consistent mitigation intervals than raw mitigation quantity via "death strikes per minute".

Comparing BT and RE is more difficult. RE is more efficient, and is very easy to game against Unholy runes. BT is less efficient, but gives a Death rune and you can pool resources to fill gaps in your rotation. Technically BT is superior to RE if played properly, but there's a lot of micromanagement required to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    RC isn't as good for any spec. It only regenerates 30% of a rune, so every time it procs when you have less than 30% of all 3 rune types up part of it is wasted. Even when you do gt the most out of it, it's still only 90% of a rune. At least with RE you can kind of guide it to make the rune type you want, and it gives you 100% of a rune every time it procs.
    RETH

Err, your conclusion is right, but your math is wayyyy off.

Lokoz, use BT and the DW frost priority gets a lot smoother.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Err, your conclusion is right, but your math is wayyyy off.
    3 seconds of double regen at 10 sec per rune => 0.3 runes => 30% of a rune - seems legit.

The issue with RE for blood is that one proc is pretty much completely useless and it can lose some/most of it's efficiency when delaying DS. For 2H this is generally not an issue since you already have plenty of usable rune combinations to get off an Obliterate.

First, RC doesn't last 3 seconds unless you have 0 haste. Not that it matters for this particular comparison, it just doesn't double-dip on haste anymore.

Second, you're removing the proc chance from the equation. I was wrong to say your math is wrong. You're removing the proc chance from the equation, in that RC regens 30% of three runes and RE 100% of one rune, but when you remove the proc chance it becomes very difficult to compare them to BT. That's why I say RC generates 40.5% (=0.9*0.45) and RE 45% (=1*0.45).

10+ Year Old Account
    Does 2H even need to game RE, though? Since all 6 runes are useful you can just use FS whenever. But I guess in that case you're still getting 5% "more" Runes without really trying.

The Death rune thing is nice, though. I'm used to running BT and it didn't even occur to me that the other 2 don't give a D when they trigger. With BT it's easy to just force whatever color you need if you get distracted and your rotation gets slightly disarrayed. With RE if, for example, you really need to reapply BP but it procs an F rune you're just sort of stuck for a few more seconds, etc.