Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    ~_~

I don't macro it. Actually that's a lie. I macro it for fights I can't devote enough attention to my stacks. Even then... I have aura's set up to track my BT stacks and their usability. The fact is, once you get used to using BT, it is very hard to go back to RE. My point was, macro'd or not, BT is a good decision.

If anyone is interested in auras - take a peak at this.

Weak Aura strings -

colored textures + sound warning if you go over
    http://pastebin.com/3m6vtCDT

Counter style w/icon
    http://pastebin.com/GpywJjXk
    Last edited by kaelleria; 2012-12-26 at 11:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Slightly off topic, but because the blood tap macro has been mentioned:

I'm a casual player, but I do like to maximize my DPS at any given opportunity.

I currently roll 2h frost (though I'm in a similar situation as the OP with LFR loot alotments (3 elegions, 2 kilraks, one scimitar, no 2hers)) and have taken a shine to blood tap as of late. Now, I figured, well hey, if I macro it into Obliterate (simple /cast blood tap, /cast obliterate,) I can just smack em with it whenever I want without having to go for the blood tap key bind, granted I have the necessary charges/runes.

So, I have a two part question:

First, I would like to know if this is actually... well, a good idea, or whether I'm an idiot for doing it in such a way, and am inadvertently gimping myself.

Secondly, and precluded by the notion that I'm not being stupid, I would like to try and make my macro more efficient. Given the simplicity of the macro the way it is now, it will attempt to cast both blood tap and obliterate, (and my character will display the "cast blood tap animation" for a brief second even if I don't have the necessary charges) I would like to know if there's a way to make it so, if I have the runes to cast obliterate, it will forgo the blood tap part, and, if I don't, it'll cast blood tap and THEN cast obliterate if possible.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    It's funny. GC has said multiple times that the team "regrets" the Rune system because of how "complicated" it became. It was one of his justifications for simplifying Monk Dark/Light Force into Combo Points 2: Electric Comboloo.

Then they seemingly deliberately add as many insane convolutions as possible to the Rune system every xpac.
    No kidding. I actually kind of miss the Wrath system where it was more about doing DPS instead of juggling an unnecessarily complicated system just to do standard damage numbers.

Oh well, such is the class.

Yeah I wouldn't even mind the added complexity if we were anywhere near the top DPS right now. Such is life, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Izonami View Post
    Yeah I wouldn't even mind the added complexity if we were anywhere near the top DPS right now. Such is life, I guess.
    But... We are?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman View Post
    'Forcing me' lol. Also, theres ton of info on 2h frost and dw frost already out there. Don't make people reinvent the wheel.
    he isnt, guess how many iterations of the wheel there has been.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, right now the best are Frost and UH 2h, DW is not that far behind, but it is a bit behind unless you own both HC weapons ofc.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    To be honest, right now the best are Frost and UH 2h, DW is not that far behind, but it is a bit behind unless you own both HC weapons ofc.
    Complete opposite. DW frost sims higher than both 2h frost and unholy. In addition, the current heroic encounters vastly favor dw frost's superior target switching, shorter cds and cleave.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    But... We are?
    I meant versus other DPS classes, not specs.

Death knights are the best hybrid dps overall right now, and we are extremely strong on sha of fear. We also have amazing utility.

It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say that death knights are the best dps in the game in this tier, even if the single target numbers are not quite amazing.
    Last edited by Shiira; 2012-12-28 at 09:11 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    Death knights are the best hybrid dps overall right now, and we are extremely strong on sha of fear. We also have amazing utility.

It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say that death knights are the best dps in the game in this tier, even if the single target numbers are not quite amazing.
    Hybrid what ? Do we heal others ?
    Raid utility ?
    As blood ? Hum no, T13 with 4set maybe but not now.
    As dps ? Shit when compared to any proper enhancement shaman or even a warrior/paladin.
    As for sha of fear, unless you explain what you are referring too i fail to see the "super strong" part, especially vs brewmaster monks.

Have you raided this tier at all?

Deleted
    I like how u avoid answering questions when you obviously know u went a little far saying we brought amazing raid utility and best dps this tier.

And yes i raid, 10/16 hc raiding 2 days a week for 3h in 25 man, which is better than average (a hell lot better) considering the amount of gametime we devote to WoW.
    Convince me, or at least try to explain your point of vue. Hope you are not one of those that throw in cold comments and just leave.

I'm not dodging the question, I'm honestly wondering if you've entered a raid instance this expansion if you really believe that death knights are not good in this tier.

Gorefiend's grasp, chillblains and anti magic zone are amazing.

Our single target dps isn't the best, but it's pretty strong.

As for sha of fear, we get to do full aoe and single target damage at the same time. This is also relevant elsewhere as almost every encounter in this tier gives us a way to get extra value out of howling blast.
    Last edited by Shiira; 2012-12-28 at 11:48 PM.

Deleted
    Check on Pusslol on EU wow armory if you don't believe my current raiding experience.
    AMZ is weak, its scales terribly with AP, it's not even 2 ticks of 15 stacks on garalon hc. A bit underwhelming.
    I give you the point for GG and to an extent CB but other classes can do it too, better to some extent.

Like i said other classes bring amazing aoe cleave dmg too and raid buffs/short CDs that we don't (shaman/paladin/warriors). From the tank PoV Blood dk's raid utility is not near as good as last tier. They are very good tanks, just a bit selfish.

I still don't get what you are referring too in Sha of fear, unless P2 heroic ? If so see my above point, other classes do very good cleave dmg. Some better than us without even moving a finger (i mean their character can stand still).
    That doesn't make us "top" tho' but we do bring our rock to the fight.

Err... affliction, arcane, destruction, assassination, and fury are all higher than frost. Of those obviously only fury is "hybrid", but it's pretty obvious that the devs aren't currently and really never have balanced pures 5% higher than hybrids.

And that's 10H-- Frost ranks #9 in 25H. Which is perfectly fine, that's middle of the pack. But hardly "the best dps in the game". Far from it. I'm sure you always rank #1 in your guild, who doesn't, but you can't extrapolate that to overall performance.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2012-12-29 at 12:08 AM.

I mean in terms of everything we bring to a raid group, which means not only numbers.

Oh. Sure, if you mean intangibles, I guess you could make that argument for many specs.

Deleted
    I mean in terms of everything we bring to a raid group, which means not only numbers.
    Then totems, blessings, traps, health stones, shouts, banners, haste buff, ap buff, +physical dmg taken, armor debuff etc are far better than anything we bring (and that's only a short list of what comes in mind as i write this). We bring some of those listed above but say shamans/pala/wars do also while adding something else on the cake.

That doesn't make us bad, far from it, but never, ever best at everything (this tier).

Deleted
    I top DPS, that means we must be best class!

sarcasm off, In a raiding environment, DW Frost is still very competitive, we don't have that great pure single target, but combined with AMS usage, and the versatility of howling blast / blood tap, on the majority of the bosses we can easily close in on the top classes and their are a few bosses where we're right up there.

Probably one of the best all rounder DPS classes.