What class has the most involved abilitiy use at the moment?in PVE?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I didn't see a generic class forum.

I'm debating resubbing but I have no idea what I want to play or what role I want. I've got most classes to 80+ (or close) so that doesn't matter, and I've tanked, healed and dps'd before so that's all good. But what class generally has the most involved rotation? In terms of how complex the rotation/priority system is, procs, awareness required etc. Difficulty would be nice but it doesn't have to be the hardest class to play as long as it's interesting. I just don't want to be bored. I've mainly healed so I'm perhaps less interested in that - my old main was a resto druid, so that's out of the question unless they've decided to make the shrooms worth bothering with.

Thanks

Deleted
    MM/Surv Hunters, and this should be a no-contest.

Fury warriors aiming to maximise CS damage would be next, but you can play them subpar and the difference is not that big.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalesh View Post
    Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I didn't see a generic class forum.

I'm debating resubbing but I have no idea what I want to play or what role I want. I've got most classes to 80+ (or close) so that doesn't matter, and I've tanked, healed and dps'd before so that's all good. But what class generally has the most involved rotation? In terms of how complex the rotation/priority system is, procs, awareness required etc. Difficulty would be nice but it doesn't have to be the hardest class to play as long as it's interesting. I just don't want to be bored. I've mainly healed so I'm perhaps less interested in that - my old main was a resto druid, so that's out of the question unless they've decided to make the shrooms worth bothering with.

Thanks
    If all you care about is rotation, then you are probably biased toward DPS. I say that because tanking and healing is not about rotation.

Of all the DOS classes I've played so far, none stand out as more complex. They all have their pros and cons, and are quite different.

Deleted
    If you're looking for complex rotations you should steer clear of tanking and healing, and go for a pure DPS so you have some alternatives should you get bored. As a rogue myself I'd advise against that class - much of it is in the intricate timing of things, but the base rotation is very simple. I'd probably go with a warlock; surprisingly few manage to play them well, so while not necessarily complex it seems the learning curve is steeper than other classes. Affliction is ahead right now, but the other specs are fairly close and will no doubt become viable later in the expansion.

Well, I don't care about rotations as such (it's why I've mainly tanked or healed in the past) I only mentioned it because I am open to the idea of playing a dps if there is an interesting one. Funnily enough I was looking at a Hunter (and Warlock) so I might give it a bash and have guardian spec on my druid as a backup.

I did raid as a rogue back in TBC and as fun as some of the changes look I'm not sure I can face Slice and Dice again

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how long you've been away, but I can tell you what to avoid. Most classes have been enhanced and made more difficult to play well over the last couple years. Mages have remained pretty low on the advancement/skill level tree. Casters in general aren't very difficult to master. In my opinion, melee dps still requires a lot of focus, adaptability and cooldown monitoring.

Stay away from spriest.

Quote Originally Posted by Blutelf View Post
    MM/Surv Hunters, and this should be a no-contest.
    A hunter of any spec is relatively close in terms of complexity. BM likely has MM and SV beat in button management. MM has an alternate rotation in the Careful Aim range, and SV is a little random with Lock and Load but not so much that it becomes complicated as a result. Hunters have a half dozen rotational abilities, plus another half dozen cooldowns of varying duration.

Ghostcrawler has said that Hunters ended up with too many buttons, but we're not likely going to see much of a change during this expansion. If it's complexity you're after, Hunters are a pretty safe bet.

Warlocks in general are a bit easier. Affliction still has multiple DoTs to juggle, but it's not that hard now that they have Pandemic to extend DoT duration. Destruction's half dozen buttons (including CDs) isn't exactly difficult. Demonology has a pretty respectable amount of complexity, and also got the Demon Hunting glyph which allows them to pick up tanking abilities for when sh!t hits the fan (or solo'ing).
    Last edited by Alaira; 2012-12-26 at 01:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, but "What Class Should I Play/Roll?" threads aren't allowed here. The decision is too personal and subjective to be decided for you.