Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

mages need a self heal

I expect to get flamed, but i dont care. Its insane how easy it is for anyone to train a fire mage, and the only heal we have is a 5sec cast that is always interrupted. Every other class has either a hot or an instant heal, and some even heal them for more than half of their HP instantly. We need some kind of hot to help with survivabilty, and i dont wanna hear about frost mages, fire isnt frost we dont have as much control.

I would imagine Evocation is as close as you will get without becoming a potionmaster. Some classes have different advantages. I would not mind mages getting some self heals if we nerf their damage. Last thing I wanna do is give them a HoT, so they can Iceblock, and then come out swinging at full health again.

Symbiosis gives mages a heal.

Deleted
    Give em the heal.

Take from em their shields and iceblock.

Fair enough .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    I would imagine Evocation is as close as you will get without becoming a potionmaster. Some classes have different advantages. I would not mind mages getting some self heals if we nerf their damage. Last thing I wanna do is give them a HoT, so they can Iceblock, and then come out swinging at full health again.
    but thats what spriests do....throw up a shield plus a renew and then disperse and then come back fighting. ret pallies bubble and then flash of light and wog, and then come back kicking ass. feral druids go bear form and pop hp regen cd's, then come back at full hp. Rogues vanish and recuperate and come back at full hp. Every other class has a way to get a 2nd life and its getting old.

10+ Year Old Account
    We already have a HoT through Temporal Shield which can be used with Ice Block. And Evocation, interrupted or not, will heal you for 15% the moment you activate it and there's a nice chance to get another tick before being interrupted. We have shields, immunity spells, heals through Cold Snap or a 90% damage reduction ability which removes dots. Ultimately, you can get Healing Touch through Symbiosis. We have enough if you can use them properly.

Deleted
    Maybe give them a heal based on the damage done with certains abilities just like destruction warlocks

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    We already have a HoT through Temporal Shield which can be used with Ice Block. And Evocation, interrupted or not, will heal you for 15% the moment you activate it and there's a nice chance to get another tick before being interrupted. We have shields, immunity spells, heals through Cold Snap or a 90% damage reduction ability which removes dots. Ultimately, you can get Healing Touch through Symbiosis. We have enough if you can use them properly.
    With invocation talent evocation heals when the cast is completed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yossarian87 View Post
    Symbiosis gives mages a heal.
    another casted heal that u have to have a druid with u to have and will most likely get interrupted...

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 03:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    Give em the heal.

Take from em their shields and iceblock.

Fair enough .
    but spriests, rets, locks all have shields and dmg reducing cooldowns.....why take ours away?

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    but thats what spriests do....throw up a shield plus a renew and then disperse and then come back fighting. ret pallies bubble and then flash of light and wog, and then come back kicking ass. feral druids go bear form and pop hp regen cd's, then come back at full hp. Rogues vanish and recuperate and come back at full hp. Every other class has a way to get a 2nd life and its getting old.
    seriously.. EVERY? Hunters max get a small heal + dot if you use a spirit beast and a 30% heal from talent. So many other good points in this thread though.. sorry but you are whining IMO.

hunters dont have a self heal.
    the heal from evonc glyph is much better then hunters got.

I expect to get flamed, but i dont care. Its insane how easy it is for anyone to train a fire mage, and the only heal we have is a 5sec cast that is always interrupted. Every other class has either a hot or an instant heal, and some even heal them for more than half of their HP instantly. We need some kind of hot to help with survivabilty, and i dont wanna hear about frost mages, fire isnt frost we dont have as much control.
    Make you a deal.

Fire mages get self heals, and frost and unholy dk's get self heals and immunity spells because they badly need survivability skills and self heals too.

I dont care what you think about this, frost dk and unholy dk are not blood dk.

Deal?

10+ Year Old Account
    You do know you have TWO ways to get a lot of HP back, don't you? You can pre-emptively Alter Time to negate burst on you, and you can use that shield that heals you for all the damage you took during the duration it was up. PLUS Cold Snap healing you for 15% of your HP. You're not supposed to TANK all of the damage. You're supposed to get help from others when in need of help, and be healed by a legitemate healer, NOT by your own selfheals.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    You're actually too late with that one. Mages have a shield on the same tier as Ice Barrier that heals them for the damage they took during the shield's duration.

I honestly wish it was wotlk again, where people were more reliant on their team and pre-emtiveness. Nowadays everybody has a flipping selfheal that heals them to full without the help of a damn healer.

It sounds like you want an instant-cast full heal with no cooldown.

Those do not exist. For anyone. Learn to use the stuff you've got.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

10+ Year Old Account
    u will never get a healing touch off unless u have teammates that will help u set up for it, same with evo. Not all pvp happens in arena and u dont always have someone there to help u out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluthu View Post
    Maybe give them a heal based on the damage done with certains abilities just like destruction warlocks

With invocation talent evocation heals when the cast is completed
    And if you decide to channel Invocation in the middle of a pvp combat then that says a lot. You either need to control your enemy before you try or not try you because you lose all arcane spells when it gets interrupted. If you really want to cast it, then you set it up with polymorph, ring of frost, deep freeze and blink, not all of it at the same time of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by howdydiddlydoo View Post
    Make you a deal.

Fire mages get self heals, and frost and unholy dk's get self heals and immunity spells because they badly need survivability skills and self heals too.

I dont care what you think about this, frost dk and unholy dk are not blood dk.

Deal?
    deal, u can have self heals too, i mean this game was supposedly homogenized so everyone has everything...so why cant every class have self heals that actually benefit them? im all for it. Its better than being a sitting duck if u run into any class with an interrupt(which is every single class)

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 03:54 PM ----------

And if you decide to channel Invocation in the middle of a pvp combat then that says a lot. You either need to control your enemy before you try or not try you because you lose all arcane spells when it gets interrupted. If you really want to cast it, then you set it up with polymorph, ring of frost, deep freeze and blink, not all of it at the same time of course.
    and that person trinkets and uses a magic immunity spell and now ur dead bc u cant get a 5sec cast off in time...

10+ Year Old Account
    Well then bummer, he knows what he's doing and you don't. Mages revolve around not taking damage.

u will never get a healing touch off unless u have teammates that will help u set up for it, same with evo. Not all pvp happens in arena and u dont always have someone there to help u out.
    Picks out the one sentence that wasn't completely serious and disregards the rest of the legitimate answer.

I think you're just whining for the sake of whining.

Not every class needs a reliable self-heal
    Mages can still heal themselves in a pinch and they are not a healing class

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    You do know you have TWO ways to get a lot of HP back, don't you? You can pre-emptively Alter Time to negate burst on you, and you can use that shield that heals you for all the damage you took during the duration it was up. PLUS Cold Snap healing you for 15% of your HP. You're not supposed to TANK all of the damage. You're supposed to get help from others when in need of help, and be healed by a legitemate healer, NOT by your own selfheals.

You're actually too late with that one. Mages have a shield on the same tier as Ice Barrier that heals them for the damage they took during the shield's duration.

I honestly wish it was wotlk again, where people were more reliant on their team and pre-emtiveness. Nowadays everybody has a flipping selfheal that heals them to full without the help of a damn healer.
    people keep going back to the team thing, im not taking about arena....i already said this numerous times...