Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hasslehoof View Post
    How is that arrogant may I ask? stupid people asking stupid questions get stupid replies from the way I see it.

This 100%.

Also when you start receiving hundreds of tweets a day asking the same thing over and over because these stupid people can't read previous responses, I'd speak my truth as well! He's not in a customer service position, he's a game designer. There's no rule saying he has to be cordial or polite to anyone. I also believe people read the tweets how they want - and not actually how they are meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    You only see it this way because you are walking in predisposed to dislike whatever he says. You aren't objective, best is, you can't even see it.

If someone replaced him and his first action was to buff your class you would probably find everything he posts witty and accurate.
    You're not objective either then, what a weird ass comment, like you know the poster at all.

Also GC has never been good with words and doesn't know much about skills/spells all that much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Considering how a large amount of people on this thread think he did fine, I'd say the opposite.
    The option around here is pretty bias.

---------- Post added 2012-12-26 at 06:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I took a look through your post history to see if you have any business calling anyone else out as being arrogant and impolite.

You don't.

GC's tweets are highly entertaining and fine.

Well GC Representing a multi billion dollar business. The op is not.

Deleted
    Yes the answers are more then arrogant and I find it very disturbing to treat they customers this way

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    It's possible to tell someone they're doing it wrong without being a jerk. GC, for better or for worse, just finds no reason to try and do that, so he goes for inexplicably condescending and sarcastic.

For instance, the tweet asking for a class q&a session for mists, which has been done already and is therefor a redundant question, could easily be answered with a "We already did do one, if you didn't see it, it's [here]," or whatever. Instead, he was a sarcastic jerk and went for the "You mean the thing we already did? LOL WOULDN'T THAT BE COOL," route.

It may make it worse that it's in tweet format, as I hear they have a limited amount of characters available to allow polite wordplay. It still doesn't account for questions easily answered with less snark AND fewer words.

He's an angry trade chat troll, as far as it looks to me. He gives the same type of answers you get when you ask a question to fellow players while in game.

Surely, of course, some of the questions are sarcastic themselves, but some of them are simply misled suggestions presented with a neutral attitude, yet still get snark.
    Posts like this really get to me. It's obvious from some of your reactions that anyone complaining about these posts has never worked a true customer service job.

Our society is so wimpy that we take any form of challenge and harsh tone as an insult. We are all in a fuss to get customer service reps to be polite even though that guy pretty much hates your guts. When I ask a question or go to a restaurant or call customer service for anything, I want the service to be quick, simple and to the point. Nowadays so many companies are bogged down in the supposed "script" that everyone apparently loves to hear that it does nothing but ties the customer service rep's hands on issues he can really solve, and make their day more miserable. I just don't understand the need to be false and overly nice to someone you've never met when it's clear that the customer doesn't really care anyways.

Sorry, rant over. I don't see anything wrong with Ghostcrawler's posts. In fact, I think the OP might be reading into them completely wrong. He is inserting his own personality onto GC's online persona and making him sound rude and arrogant. Classic projection at its finest.
    Last edited by IxilaFA; 2012-12-27 at 03:42 AM.

They're not really arrogant at all.

It's also worth noting that twitter only allows 140 characters per tweet, so he's keeping things short and to the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Well at some point you have to tell a person that it is WRONG. No matter how you do that, in essence you're the asshole after that.

Most humans out there are unable to admit that they erred and think they lost their face / honor whatever and thus go enrage.

It's stupid. We err all the time. Get used to it, and get used to being told "you're doing it wrong".

Will we take steps to adjust hunters if they continue to be weak in Arenas? Yes. This is absolutely a concern of ours. To some extent my reputation is on the line here because I keep trying to assure players that we will make adjustments, and I know you’ll throw it back in my face if we don’t deliver. The game has only been out for a few days though, so it’s just premature to make sweeping changes yet. I realize some knowledgeable hunters are convinced the changes we made were not enough. At the end of the day though, it is us, not the players, who need to make decisions about game design. We will always listen to your feedback when making our decisions though.-GhostcrawlerNov 14, 2008

He definitely got it wrong then and then turned around and fucked it up again,hes an incompetent arrogant prick.

He also admitted he fucked up and asked not to be flamed...

@wowalixi I've been in customer service for 25 years...
    Last edited by malbojia; 2012-12-27 at 04:05 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    He's doing fairly well imo, compared to all the shit people come up with. Alot of the statement he gets are pure bullshit too. "This and this is true, fix", when it's not true at all.

Be glad he takes time to answer on twitter in the first place, alot of goodies from there

Not to say, how the hell do you find that Q n A question to be an arogant answer? He asks if he means in the same format as they've done before, then says it would be fun. But of course you read it in the most arogant and sarcastic tone you know of, and make it into your own silly style .l
    Last edited by Iso; 2012-12-27 at 04:43 AM.

Tall Poppy Syndrome strikes again. OP has a pitchfork in one hand and tear stained handkerchief in the other.

---------- Post added 2012-12-26 at 11:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by malbojia View Post
    [

Your mistake is in thinking this is customer service.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

every time i see a condescending reply about paladin concerns, it makes me rage. a bit. then again, paladins are used to being neglected by GC.

I can objectively say he's a little too arrogant. often refuses to admit he is wrong, just goes with the company line.

makes a sarcastic post about people qq'ing that dungeons were too hard in cata, and what does he do? make MoP dungeons EASIER THAN THOSE.

sigh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    every time i see a condescending reply about paladin concerns, it makes me rage. a bit. then again, paladins are used to being neglected by GC.

I can objectively say he's a little too arrogant. often refuses to admit he is wrong, just goes with the company line.

makes a sarcastic post about people qq'ing that dungeons were too hard in cata, and what does he do? make MoP dungeons EASIER THAN THOSE.

sigh
    Really?

They did that because the feedback they received from the majority of the player base was that those dungeons at the beginning of cata were indeed too hard. So they took that feedback and designed the mop dungeons accordingly.

Is there a problem here??

Quote Originally Posted by yuca247 View Post
    Really?

They did that because the feedback they received from the majority of the player base was that those dungeons at the beginning of cata were indeed too hard. So they took that feedback and designed the mop dungeons accordingly.

Is there a problem here??
    the issue is he was acting all smug, saying that players will get better and overcome the challenges, after people qq'ed endlessly about stonecore pugs and so on.

and then later, they do what people asked for. he could have at least said "we were wrong, ok".

I think his biggest flaw is admitting mistakes. he isnt a stupid person, but yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah to the OP i am not a big fan of the CMs at all in fact i find all of them smug and disrespectful, however these responses seem fine, i guess he could have been a little more helpful, but over all i don't know, seems pretty mild.

Haha, I love GC ^^

Quote Originally Posted by malbojia View Post
    Then it's a shame you don't see it by now that customers just don't care about your attitude. I've never had a customer complain about my attitude...they always complain about my inability to do something, because of my silly script I was given each time.

I see no arrogance in those tweets.

The players are arrogant, and as such they read that into his and other blues answers EVEN THOUGH the blue answers are usually right, and the players just think that they are because they haven't been raised to know some basic humility.

"I want this/think this is the way to go, you and everyone else are idiots for not seeing what I am seeing and when you openly disagree with me, I will write you off as ignorant/dumb/arrogant because that's easier than to reevaluate my own opinions or accept that you are the one working with this particular subject and I'm just some random sob wanting something!!"

Simple as that.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2012-12-27 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    The players are arrogant, and as such they read that into his and other blues answers EVEN THOUGH the blue answers are usually right, and the players just think that they are because they haven't been raised to know some basic humility.

Simple as that.
    I agree 100% with your statement. A huge chunk of people posting are trying to be red shirt guy and they are far from it. They are so full of themselves and their "I really know what's best" attitudes, I really hate that Blizzard doesn't just delete their garbage until they learn how to post.

But then again, I'd say a fair chunk of them on college kids who suddenly feel super smart now that have takena few classes and feel they are ready to challenge the world. God, I wish I was 21 and had all the answers to everything again. Life was so much simplier when I knew everything and everyone else was wrong.

I like GC. Balance has gotten way better since he joined the team, he has often reached out and spoken to the community, and all in all .. People just want someone to bash when they don't get things their way. Nothing new. /moving on