Gen Macros vanishing

Starting yesterday I logged out and back in several hours later. All my general macros were gone. I hoped it was a ui glitch where I couldn't see them. So I logged out and back in, and all my keybindings restored to default. I changed my bindings back and they are staying, but now every time I log out my General macros get deleted.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    What's your OS and WoW install path?

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    What's your OS and WoW install path?
    Windows Vista

C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft

Deleted
    Ouch. Move it somewhere that isn't in Program Files. That should make it work again.

Why is it suddenly doing this? It's been there for 6 years and hasn't done this before.

Deleted
    I'm afraid I won't be able to offer any answer to that apart from "Windows being Windows". It might have been a server-side scheduled resync of your local macro cache, or merely some other completely unrelated thing causing Windows to scan the WoW directory and go "oh, well, that wasn't there last time, let's move it someplace else" (VirtualStore).
    It's the reason I always recommend not having WoW installed inside Program Files (and, in fact, the reason the installer currently defaults to C:\Games, too).

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    I'm afraid I won't be able to offer any answer to that apart from "Windows being Windows". It might have been a server-side scheduled resync of your local macro cache, or merely some other completely unrelated thing causing Windows to scan the WoW directory and go "oh, well, that wasn't there last time, let's move it someplace else" (VirtualStore).
    It's the reason I always recommend not having WoW installed inside Program Files (and, in fact, the reason the installer currently defaults to C:\Games, too).
    I'd assume you mean with Vista as I just finished reinstalling on Win7 a month ago and last night on Win8 and it defaults to C:\Program Files (x86)\.

Deleted
    It does? Hmm, that's weird, as it always seemed to default to C:\Games for me. It's possible it's been changed since I last did install it, though.