Deleted

patch 5.2, raiding question

since release you had to run dailies for reputation. I was severely behind when I began to raid since I leveled up all of my alts; I never ran a daily.

Am I correct in saying that the previous reputation(s) for valor gear are now obsolete regarding raid gear? i.e. everyone is in the same boat, it doesn't matter whether or not you started from day 1 of MoP, since they are releasing the new gear anyway. For example, do I still need to get Klaxxi rep in order to obtain the 5.2 valor gear?

That is the reason I unsubbed, because I was so severely behind... I am going to resub if I am in the same boat as everyone else on 5.2 release.

None of the 5.2 reputation VP items have been released yet so it's all speculation at this point. However, it would make the most sense for the new VP items to be tied to a new reputation. They also discussed differing ways for people to gain reputation in 5.2 so even if there isn't a new reputation for the VP rewards, at the very least you'll have different ways to obtain it.

5.2 valor gear probably comes from the new faction's dailies, oh boy.

Assuming they push back 5.1 VP gear to justice points, and you have grinded to revered and bought them all in one week you would be somewhat behind people who only do normal modes (no 4set, no sha gem, no weapon outside crappy blues).

Deleted
    Why do you want to be in the same boat as everyone else? I would say the speed at which casual players are gaining their gear is about right at the moment. 5.2 is not being designed with skipping content in mind. Blizzard have stated they want people to still be running MSV/HoF/ToES when ToT comes out...for gear. It's there for people to do, you don't 'need' the gear unless you are in a raiding guild. Find a guild or wait for 5.2 to run xrealm pug raiding, it's really that simple. The game is moving away from free hand outs, put a little bit of time in to it and you will find it far more rewarding. Sure, I agree that dailies can get tedious but being able to grind up a full set of gear as a casual should take a couple of months at minimum.

The new valor items will probably allow new players the ability to catch up, but they wouldn't be on equal footing because they would still have to raise their ilvl to the appropriate ilvl required for the new LFR's.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexxie View Post
    Why do you want to be in the same boat as everyone else? I would say the speed at which casual players are gaining their gear is about right at the moment. 5.2 is not being designed with skipping content in mind. Blizzard have stated they want people to still be running MSV/HoF/ToES when ToT comes out...for gear. It's there for people to do, you don't 'need' the gear unless you are in a raiding guild. Find a guild or wait for 5.2 to run xrealm pug raiding, it's really that simple. The game is moving away from free hand outs, put a little bit of time in to it and you will find it far more rewarding. Sure, I agree that dailies can get tedious but being able to grind up a full set of gear as a casual should take a couple of months at minimum.
    When have they said they still want people to run release instances for gear when 5.2 comes around?
    I've never seen this and I seriously hope that this is false.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    When have they said they still want people to run release instances for gear when 5.2 comes around?
    I've never seen this and I seriously hope that this is false.
    Ghostcrawler said it on an interview, and he wasnt hinting it or anything he went and said it like that, Blizzard wants ppl to still be running the 5.1 raids when 5.2 comes out to get gear for 5.2, they arent intending to have many catch up mechanics on this xpac. However he also stated theyre likelly going to nerf the 5.1 raids when 5.2 comes out.