Deleted

Riftcrack has got me.. Again

So i posted a few days ago about rejoining rift as i had 3 days free. I bit the crack shaped bullet and subbed up again. And tomorrow i will be picking up Storm legion to. How ever i rerolled so i could learn to play bard once again. I love bard. Is a 61 point based bard build an accepted thing or will people insult me for putting that many points into it?

Also im sorry if this thread rambed a bit. i have had a bit to much "holiday cheer"

10+ Year Old Account
    Raiding builds might be entirely different from your preference but if you want to play a 61 bard, by all means, go for it! You pay for your sub so you should be able to play any hyrbid or 51/61 point build that you want.
    Rift Scene - Still the best Rift fansite.
    Cupcakey 5/5 EE, 4/4 FT

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupcaek View Post
    Raiding builds might be entirely different from your preference but if you want to play a 61 bard, by all means, go for it! You pay for your sub so you should be able to play any hyrbid or 51/61 point build that you want.
    Agree. This game is what you want to make it. Some builds might be more challenging than others, but we have all raided with builds that the community thought were not useful. I still remember when people looked at Fury/Prot in WoW like a red headed step child with the plague.

For every guild that is hardcore and demands perfection, there are plenty of guilds that just want to have fun.

U know, i myself have been randomly looking around here and there for up to date current builds. The other day i was on my Mage and ive always played deep pyro and chloro. But i wanted to try the Warlock and Harbringer soul out for leveling. I think i have the souls down for the most part but as fair as like managing my rotation/priority im still a bit fuzy. The Harbringer soul on the other hand is another story. Im completely lost. Its nice when sites have those kinds of things up because i can reference them and go " oh yea! Thats when u use that, derpy."

I dread looking at my cleric souls for tanking. I finally got around to getting the expansion a week ago. 3 50s to bring up : /

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trialtm View Post
    U know, i myself have been randomly looking around here and there for up to date current builds. The other day i was on my Mage and ive always played deep pyro and chloro. But i wanted to try the Warlock and Harbringer soul out for leveling. I think i have the souls down for the most part but as fair as like managing my rotation/priority im still a bit fuzy. The Harbringer soul on the other hand is another story. Im completely lost. Its nice when sites have those kinds of things up because i can reference them and go " oh yea! Thats when u use that, derpy."
    There's a few good sites that have those things. Bluedots is a good one for mages. It even has all your macros laid out for you. If you want something completely different for your Mage, definitely try out harbinger. It's not going to blow your mind, but you get to be a melee mage. It's kind of like a combination of a warrior and elemental shaman from wow. To get the most out of Harbinger you have to go all the way to the top, according to most things I've seen.

Though I can see a lot of viable builds if you aren't min/maxing by going very hybrid between it and chloro or stormcaller. In the end, as long as you can kill things and survive while leveling you are doing it right. It might not be maximizing your dps, but who cares if you're having fun?

I spent years doing the min/max thing in the other games, because you really have to or else you fall behind. I'm tired of that. This game seems a lot more flexible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    There's a few good sites that have those things. Bluedots is a good one for mages. It even has all your macros laid out for you. If you want something completely different for your Mage, definitely try out harbinger. It's not going to blow your mind, but you get to be a melee mage. It's kind of like a combination of a warrior and elemental shaman from wow. To get the most out of Harbinger you have to go all the way to the top, according to most things I've seen.

Though I can see a lot of viable builds if you aren't min/maxing by going very hybrid between it and chloro or stormcaller. In the end, as long as you can kill things and survive while leveling you are doing it right. It might not be maximizing your dps, but who cares if you're having fun?

I spent years doing the min/max thing in the other games, because you really have to or else you fall behind. I'm tired of that. This game seems a lot more flexible.
    While I like bluedots, they only have 1 build for mages and thats the harb soloing build. I've yet to find a good site besides the actual rift forums for any kind of SL info.

I thought bluedots stopped putting up info. Im gonna check the site out when i get home from work, thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    While I like bluedots, they only have 1 build for mages and thats the harb soloing build. I've yet to find a good site besides the actual rift forums for any kind of SL info.
    Yeah, I haven't looked at other ones...just knew he was looking at Harbinger...wasn't really clear on that part.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought bluedots stopped putting up info. Im gonna check the site out when i get home from work, thanks!

theres really not whole lot up there lol. maybe a whole 2 new build, and still nothing for rogues.

The Harb build they have is pretty sweet though.

Deleted
    Will be releasing all the best builds and guides for all classes within the next couple of weeks on my upcoming site, until then the only advice I can give is don't follow any guide written by Turbododge/91RTextreme =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    Will be releasing all the best builds and guides for all classes within the next couple of weeks on my upcoming site, until then the only advice I can give is don't follow any guide written by Turbododge/91RTextreme =)
    Awesome man. Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    Sounds great! Any of them going to feature videos by chance!?

Deleted
    It depends, I have a couple of people dealing with each section, if they feel comfortable doing a video guide then yes it will be included, I can ask, Any special requests for a certain class? =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Your enthusiasm and your avatar do not match. Please down tune your attitude accordingly.