Thread: Mine Sweeper

Mine Sweeper

I have been at this for 2 hours now. I have looked at guides, videos, tried every method, on mount, on flying mount, no mount, hopping to the nearest mine as soon as i land and still nothing. What is the trick or key or whatever is needed to do this?

Deleted
    pretty sure its luck, i got it after about 20mins on my druid in wotlki from just randomly running at the minefield and hoping for the best.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    pretty sure its luck, i got it after about 20mins on my druid in wotlki from just randomly running at the minefield and hoping for the best.
    Same here. I just runned around untill I was on low hp. Healed up and tried again ^^

It cant just be luck, if it was i would think i would be lucky once within 2 hours. Was there a change to how the achieve works between wotlk and mop

Deleted
    if i remember right i got it easily after i started using my biggest mount which at the time was Mammoth form Wintergrasp

10+ Year Old Account
    It's luck. You just happened to be extremely unlucky for 2 hours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    It's luck. You just happened to be extremely unlucky for 2 hours.

yeah, theres no certain spot you can run into to get it, just gotta hope oyu keep landing on mines.

Also there is a small time to run into next mine to get blasted again. good luck farming it

Only playing casual in this game now. And damn it feels great.

Are you talking about the achievement in Storm Peaks? If so, there is a "grace period" between hitting the ground and the mine you are near exploding, so just land and run to one asap. Flying mounts help if you can just land on them before actually landing, but a rocket might get you.

You could also lag yourself out and just run though a lot of them before lag catches up. (see wowhead comments)
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2012-12-27 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Are you talking about the achievement in Storm Peaks? If so, there is a "grace period" between hitting the ground and the mine you are near exploding, so just land and run to one asap.
    You could also lag yourself out and just run though a lot of them before lag catches up. (see wowhead comments)
    Tried both of these, how long is this grace period? because i hit a mine within a second of hitting the ground. And i cant do the lag thing cause apparently my connection is too good

Quote Originally Posted by Jorad View Post
    Tried both of these, how long is this grace period? because i hit a mine within a second of hitting the ground. And i cant do the lag thing cause apparently my connection is too good
    A few comments have said 4seconds, though I'm not certain of it.

There is a way to do it... If you go onto a mine from a certain angle it also throws you in a certain direction so you just approach it from the angle u want to be thrown towards IE the middle of the minefield

Quote Originally Posted by Excellent View Post
    Steal any bicycles today SunBakedDuck?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SunbakedDuck View Post
    There is a way to do it... If you go onto a mine from a certain angle it also throws you in a certain direction so you just approach it from the angle u want to be thrown towards IE the middle of the minefield
    The problem is to not get thrown out of the mine field on the 2nd or 3rd or 4th etc etc

keep camera pointing straight down on you, walk into the mine field backwards, when you trigger a mine rotate ur camera 180 each time. should be good to go.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looked it up on WoWhead, followed one of the suggestions there, got it in three attempts on my 'lock.

Used the EXACT same strategy on four or five alts (including a priest)... and met with vastly varying results. Anything from "super easy, got it in a few tries" to "gave up after an hour." (And now that account-wide achieves are in, it's not even an issue!)