Computer running in slow motion?

In all my time working with/on PCs I've seen a lot. But never before today have I seen a computer running in slow motion. I don't mean that the PC is running slow, like I open a program and it takes forever to load and games are laggy. No, everything is super smooth and responsive, games don't lag or have FPS issues/drops. But everything is like those slow motion shots you see on TV and youtube all the time.

It went away after a restart of the PC, but I'm wondering if anyone else has ever seen this and/or know what caused it so I can try to prevent it from happening again.

It was probably just a CPU issue.
    Playing since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    It was probably just a CPU issue.
    Could be, but the CPU is pretty new (under a year) and GPU is a lot older (probably 3+). Plus it was so odd to just see things go in slow motion even in games. It wasn't really like what you'd expect from a clogged CPU (which I've seen and even done on purpose before when I've stress tested something) where it's like choppy gameplay and animations of windows opening/closing and stuff.

I have (had?) the same thing ever since I got my i7 920 processor and Windows 7. I recently installed Windows 8 and I haven't had it happen yet, but it didn't happen that frequently anyway.
    Never found out what causes it though.

yea it was the weirdest thing and I've never seen it happen before. Nor has it happened again since then lol.

It is really frustrating when PC work slowly, but it is a machine human also don't work at same pace every time. Is your computer virus free because if you do not scan regularly it becomes slow so try to these.
    Last edited by stevegirwin; 2012-12-27 at 07:03 AM.